PDA

View Full Version : Nexus 4 Wired Review says battery is good

Vegastouch
Nov 4, 2012, 02:49 PM
When it comes to battery life, the Nexus 4 is also performs just below the One X and the iPhone. Under normal use, I could go a day before having to charge it. If I was using the handset non-stop, I’d have to charge the Nexus 4 before I left work. This is good battery life, but not exceptional.

Whole review below

http://www.wired.com/reviews/2012/11/google-nexus-4/all/

Hope it is better with final OS release.

nick_elt
Nov 4, 2012, 02:58 PM
Worse than one x? Thats not good.

Vegastouch
Nov 4, 2012, 03:01 PM
Keeping in mind the software isnt a finished product and it should be better. It also said it isnt quite as good as the iP5 and i assume that has a good battery, ...though i dont have one. And ive no idea how good or bad the One X battery is. Some say the GS3 battery isnt good but mine is.

So i see hope that it will be better in the end.

aerok
Nov 4, 2012, 03:02 PM

Yup that's one thing I could not stand with my One X and 4S. I'm expecting a lot better since it has a such a big battery with no LTE.

PDFierro
Nov 4, 2012, 03:07 PM
I think the battery life we've seen in various reviews is quite good, but I was expecting much better considering it's powering a S4 processor, 2100 MAH battery, and only HSPA+ data speeds.

THE JUICEMAN
Nov 4, 2012, 03:20 PM
The verge review says the battery life is very good. I think we are going to have to see what happens with final software. Why the hell google sent out review devices without final software I will never understand.

sotorious
Nov 11, 2012, 01:58 PM
i saw some benches people made, and under browsing it last 1 hour longer then the ip4, which to me for my usage the ip4 has great battery life

http://www.phonearena.com/news/LTE-free-LG-Nexus-4-showing-some-poor-battery-life-against-iPhone-5-and-other-Android-superphones_id36314

but like someone said this is still pre release. so if radios are not optimize and they have process just running in the background it will be a bit poor.

gpat
Nov 11, 2012, 02:03 PM

Maybe it means the european one, based on Tegra 3. Much worse than the Qualcomm AT&T one.