PDA

View Full Version : apple in-ear headphones vs earpods

mentaluproar
Nov 5, 2012, 03:34 AM
I am curious if anyone has owned both of these what their opinion of them is.

Benjamin,
Nov 5, 2012, 04:30 AM
I've owned both. Earpods hands down. Richer sound quality. Deeper base. More stable, more discrete.... They don't fall out as easily.

One con with EarPods. They don't seal your ear in anyway, meaning that tehy aren't very sound-blocking.

mentaluproar
Nov 7, 2012, 11:34 PM
One con with EarPods. They don't seal your ear in anyway, meaning that tehy aren't very sound-blocking.

To be fair, are there any good sound-blocking options in this price range?

Julien
Nov 8, 2012, 05:45 AM
Transducers are BY far the most important and influential part of an audio system. The rule of thumb is to spend about 60% to 70% of your electronics budget on the speakers. If you are interested in quality sound reproduction you will need to spend more (or at least as much) on you IEM's as you did on the iPod.

For decent sound quality at a low price with good noise isolation you could go with something like UE's 600's (http://ue.logitech.com/en-us/earphones/ue600) or Shure SE215's (http://www.shure.com/americas/products/earphones-headphones/se-earphones/se215-sound-isolating-earphones).

thatoneguy82
Nov 8, 2012, 06:07 AM
I have both and I like the in-ear earphones. But, to be honest, I didn't really use the earpods for a long time. I am used to noise canceling type of in-ear earphones and this one just hanging didn't suit me. But, from what I heard it was good, could be better with different earpieces.

Benjamin,
Nov 8, 2012, 08:25 AM
To be fair, are there any good sound-blocking options in this price range?

I've had awesome sound-blocking headphones just from the cheap-off the shelf options. For under 20...

Four oF NINE
Oct 16, 2013, 04:23 AM
I've owned both. Earpods hands down. Richer sound quality. Deeper base. More stable, more discrete.... They don't fall out as easily.

They don't fall out as easily? EarPods don't fall out as easily? I've never had the Apple in-ear $79 earphones fall out. Maybe you're talking about the original EarPods? :confused: