PDA

View Full Version : fs: OWC mercury portable drive FW/USB2.0 20GB

kugino
Sep 9, 2005, 01:30 PM
in my quest to get one of these new nanos, i have to sell off some of my stuff. i have an OWC mercury on the go fw/usb2.0 (and 1.1) drive for sale. i got it and put my old ibook 20gb drive in it, so it's an apple-logo'd hard drive. 4200rpm, i believe. i put an apple sticker on the top, which is the only thing different about the drive. see the specs here: http://eshop.macsales.com/shop/firewire/on-the-go/

via firewire it's powered by the computer so no need for AC power. i don't think USB 2.0 powers it. i'll include the drive, a fw cable, a USB2.0 cable, and the black case.

i'm asking $80 shipped in the USA via USPS priority mail.

thanks.

skoker
Sep 9, 2005, 04:05 PM
in my quest to get one of these new nanos, i have to sell off some of my stuff. i have an OWC mercury on the go fw/usb2.0 (and 1.1) drive for sale. i got it and put my old ibook 20gb drive in it, so it's an apple-logo'd hard drive. 4200rpm, i believe. i put an apple sticker on the top, which is the only thing different about the drive. see the specs here: http://eshop.macsales.com/shop/firewire/on-the-go/

via firewire it's powered by the computer so no need for AC power. i don't think USB 2.0 powers it. i'll include the drive, a fw cable, a USB2.0 cable, and the black case.

i'm asking $85 shipped in the USA via USPS priority mail.

thanks.

woah woah woah. You are selling a 120 GB for $85 with higher speeds and capacity, and expect to get the same for this :eek:

wnameth
Sep 9, 2005, 04:45 PM
woah woah woah. You are selling a 120 GB for $85 with higher speeds and capacity, and expect to get the same for this :eek:

this is a portable (laptop drive) they are much more expensive especially if they are purchased with the enclosure (opposed to making your own)

the 120GB HD he sold before was a full sized one and that was a damn good deal BTW :D

kugino
Sep 9, 2005, 06:35 PM
this is a portable (laptop drive) they are much more expensive especially if they are purchased with the enclosure (opposed to making your own)

the 120GB HD he sold before was a full sized one and that was a damn good deal BTW :D

exactly. read the posts before you crap it skoker.

skoker
Sep 9, 2005, 09:11 PM
<goodpoint>

Portable enclosure on NewEgg: $16.45 (at least when I bought in January)

20GB Portable Harddrive: $27.78 (I forget where, google it)

Doing the math: priceless

</goodpoint>

kugino
Sep 9, 2005, 10:46 PM
<goodpoint>

Portable enclosure on NewEgg: $16.45 (at least when I bought in January)

20GB Portable Harddrive: $27.78 (I forget where, google it)

Doing the math: priceless

</goodpoint>

wow, you're so clever. did you think this one up by yourself? great job!

mbl42
Sep 10, 2005, 06:54 PM
Dang. If it was a 3.5" drive I would buy it in a heartbeat. But alas, it is not. Good luck with the sale.

kugino
Sep 11, 2005, 08:18 PM
price reduced to $80 shipped.