PDA

View Full Version : Feeler: Moto Razr

OKComputer
Sep 9, 2005, 01:39 PM
As some of you may know, I just got a job recently and they offer reduced rate plans through cingular but I have 2 tmobile razrs.

Im just trying to get a feel for how much I could get for them if I decided to get out of my current contract with Tmobile and go with Cingular

Anyone?

paperinacup
Sep 9, 2005, 01:51 PM
Call T-Mobile and get them unlocked before you leave them.

Rod Rod
Sep 9, 2005, 02:03 PM
Call T-Mobile and get them unlocked before you leave them.Yup! If T-Mobile customer service asks, tell them you're about to travel out of the country. T-Mobile is very good about unlocking GSM phones (which is a good reason to stick wtih T-Mobile, but of course in your circumstance Cingular is better). An unlocked, used RAZR v3 can easily fetch more than $250, and likely around $275, but $300+ if you're lucky.

0s and 1s
Sep 9, 2005, 02:22 PM
T-Mobile RAZRs are silver, correct?

OKComputer
Sep 9, 2005, 02:24 PM
it goes without saying that I would unlock them first. Id mainly sell them to cover to the cost of the 175 per line cancellation charge plus some extra cash towards a new phone.

The Tmobile Razrs are silver. correct.

XNine
Sep 9, 2005, 02:35 PM
Eh, I have t-mobile but wouldn't pay more than 100 for one of these. Maybe 150 being that they offer them for pretty cheap with new plans now, and I could cancel and set up a new plan real easy.

Are they silver or black versions?

OKComputer
Sep 9, 2005, 02:45 PM
well, not everyone can set up a plan as easily as you.

Second they are 199 with a new plan right now, not 100 and amazon isnt offering any rebates on the tmobile version of this phone.

Agian...its silver

revisionA
Sep 9, 2005, 03:36 PM
Sheez! If you think a razr is only worth 150, you havent held one for very long.

I love mine, and even though its not geek level cutting edge technology, its a great little phone that you forget is even in your pocket.

I paid 250 at tmobile to trade in my cheapo phone and get a razr.

>> Good to know about the unlocking, but wouldnt it being unlocked mean you could sign up for Cingular and not even change phones?

>> The black version is only available through cingular at the moment.

Scott

PaRaGoNViCtiM
Sep 9, 2005, 04:10 PM
Yea, I wouldn't pay more than $200 for it, because their $199 brand new with a plan. Your best bet is eBay, I see them going for like $250+ on there.

camomac
Sep 9, 2005, 04:15 PM
i just got a RAZR from cingular, after switching from t-mobile for $99.00. the instore price was $199.00, but locally there is a vender selling them for $99.00 and cingular met their price.

OKComputer
Sep 9, 2005, 04:25 PM
Thanks for the advice but We arent talking about a price if someone is looking to sign up for a new contract. Most people are already in a contract and are in the market for an unlocked off contract phone which raises the price quite a bit. I wasnt looking to make more than 220 per phone which I think would be a pretty decent price considering they are 289 off contract with tmoble and over three hundred unlocked on amazon.com

IDANNY
Sep 9, 2005, 04:46 PM
i just got a RAZR from cingular, after switching from t-mobile for $99.00. the instore price was $199.00, but locally there is a vender selling them for $99.00 and cingular met their price.
what vendor is that I would really appreciate it as my phone was accidently ruined by my mother... you could pm me if you want agian I would really appreciate it.

camomac
Sep 9, 2005, 06:31 PM
Thanks for the advice but We arent talking about a price if someone is looking to sign up for a new contract. Most people are already in a contract and are in the market for an unlocked off contract phone which raises the price quite a bit. I wasnt looking to make more than 220 per phone which I think would be a pretty decent price considering they are 289 off contract with tmoble and over three hundred unlocked on amazon.com

if you already know then why not list them on eBay?

ITASOR
Sep 9, 2005, 06:32 PM
If you get them unlocked, can't you use them with cingular?

OKComputer
Sep 9, 2005, 06:47 PM
yes but if i sell them then I can make up for the tmo cancel fees
I get a free blackberry through work so Id use that as my cingular phone

aquanutz
Sep 10, 2005, 04:50 PM
you have pm

Kwyjibo
Sep 10, 2005, 04:54 PM
Eh, I have t-mobile but wouldn't pay more than 100 for one of these. Maybe 150 being that they offer them for pretty cheap with new plans now, and I could cancel and set up a new plan real easy.

you can't really do that under the same name and keep your number, you have to wait something like 90 days after cancelling to be considered a new member, but if you had a Wife / GF / Parent who would be willing to sign up and lose your number its possible but not something I would call easy.

Rod Rod
Sep 11, 2005, 02:31 AM
you can't really do that under the same name and keep your number, you have to wait something like 90 days after cancelling to be considered a new member, but if you had a Wife / GF / Parent who would be willing to sign up and lose your number its possible but not something I would call easy.It's easy if you have no friends. :)

ITASOR
Sep 11, 2005, 09:37 AM

Are they silver or black versions?

There's a contract cancelation fee though that's really high.

paperinacup
Sep 11, 2005, 10:29 AM
Yea, I wouldn't pay more than $200 for it, because their $199 brand new with a plan. Your best bet is eBay, I see them going for like $250+ on there.

There is a $90 day waiting period before you are considered a new customer.

mashinhead
Sep 11, 2005, 12:32 PM
i have t-mobile and i'm looking for one now. i prefer the black one but ifyouhave a good price i'd take one off your hands provided they are in good shape and fully unlocked. i think from what i've seen you can get about 200 on ebay for them, if they are unlocked that is. cos you can get them new for 200 locked so all anyone is realy paying for is having them unlocked.

wnameth
Sep 11, 2005, 12:35 PM
ipod shuffle in my sig for the razer okcomputer?

OKComputer
Sep 17, 2005, 06:25 PM
UPDATE:
totally awesome- my job has agreed to pay for my cell phone bill and add blackberry service but my wife feels she doesnt need a phone anymore

willing to let her razr go for 215+ shipping to cover her cancellation fee

Just check with Tmobile- the off contract price is currently 270 + tax and shpping

aquanutz
Sep 17, 2005, 06:38 PM
You can get an unlocked version of that phone for $270 off ebay easily (http://cgi.ebay.com/New-Motorola-razr-V3-Silver-Unlocked-Bluetooth-video_W0QQitemZ5809993034QQcategoryZ64355QQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem), probably even less. $215 for a locked version of the same phone that is used is quite steep.

Not to mention someone can go to letstalk.com or amazon.com and find the phone for free with just about any GSM service provider (with a contract, of course.)

bloodfist
Sep 17, 2005, 06:40 PM
You can get an unlocked version of that phone for $270 off ebay easily (http://cgi.ebay.com/New-Motorola-razr-V3-Silver-Unlocked-Bluetooth-video_W0QQitemZ5809993034QQcategoryZ64355QQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem), probably even less. $215 for a locked version of the same phone that is used is quite steep.

Not to mention someone can go to letstalk.com or amazon.com and find the phone for free with just about any GSM service provider (with a contract, of course.)

word.

OKComputer
Sep 17, 2005, 06:44 PM
well if you read the thread youd see that I am unlocking it before shipping
and as for the "letstalk.com" version that is with a new contract not off contract which most people would pay since they are roped into 1 or 2 year contracts....word

paperinacup
Sep 17, 2005, 06:46 PM
CAn people stop threadcrapping.

$215 for an unlocked RAZR is a VERY reasonable price.

berkleeboy210
Sep 17, 2005, 06:58 PM
I sold a used Moto Razr that was for Cingular Service and was NOT unlocked and still got close to $300 bucks for it on eBay. People on that site are crazy. I've seen prices skyrocket within the last few minutes of an auction. Start it at a low price and you'll probably be surprised at what the outcome will be.

OKComputer
Sep 20, 2005, 10:50 PM
200?

XNine
Sep 21, 2005, 12:28 PM
you can't really do that under the same name and keep your number, you have to wait something like 90 days after cancelling to be considered a new member, but if you had a Wife / GF / Parent who would be willing to sign up and lose your number its possible but not something I would call easy.

No, I did this when the v710 came out. Suffice to say, this phone is a piece of s***.

Anyway, no phone is worth more than 150. At least, not to me.

Good luck with this, they are very nice phones and I hope you get what you need to out of these!

OKComputer
Sep 21, 2005, 06:05 PM
No, I did this when the v710 came out. Suffice to say, this phone is a piece of s***.

Anyway, no phone is worth more than 150. At least, not to me.

Good luck with this, they are very nice phones and I hope you get what you need to out of these!
While I always welcome feedback this is no longer a feeler thread so please dont devalue my phone that, regardless of what you believe, is worth more than 150 dollars.

Sorry