Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

HarryHoodlum

macrumors member
Original poster
Oct 30, 2012
Etsy has some but I'm wondering if anyone has a solution in-hand they can recommend.

Buckeyestar

macrumors 6502a
Sep 17, 2011
I'm waiting for a BookBook for my mini. I think that would look incredible with this size.

jojoba

macrumors 68000
Dec 9, 2011
Wow those are really nice, I'll keep an eye on their site.

Yeah, they're gorgeous. Pricey, but very nice. They probably do pre orders by email. I've got one for my Air, and I'm very happy with it.

WLS

macrumors 65816
Jul 10, 2008
I went with the WaterField ultimate sleevecase. They have it now for the mini
sfbags.com

christof

macrumors 6502
May 8, 2002
Earth
Last edited:

seajewel

macrumors 6502
Aug 31, 2010
I actually remembered that i had a sleeve that came with my sony PRS-950 when I bought it from craigslist.. it wasn't a bundled item as it was clearly too wide and too long for the skinny 7" PRS-950, and I thought it just might fit. I don't know what it's for but it seems to have a Sony/Vaio-type label on it.

photo.jpg

It's still too long for the mini but the width is just about right. I should be able to get it in even with the Smart cover that was delivered today at home. Perfect, don't have to spend anything and good lightweight protection while out and about!

Last edited:

WLS

macrumors 65816
Jul 10, 2008
I'm getting the Dodocase durables sleeve, looks awesome I'm anxious to get it

http://www.dodocase.com/products/durables-sleeve-for-ipad-mini
it looks nice at first but here's the problem with it. The leather grip implies that it is to be held mainly in the horizontal position but that way leaves the opening exposed at the end and you risk your mini just sliding out as you walk along. If you are going to carry it horizontally positioned and that would be the natural way to do so then it needs to open from the top not the side.

masc

macrumors newbie
Apr 20, 2008
I ordered this one at ebay (reseller name dobi-x):

1_resize.JPG

Hope to get it today or tomorrow.

parseckadet

macrumors 65816
Dec 13, 2010
Denver, CO
I found the black BUILT neoprene sleeve for Kindle Fire at Toys R Us for $4.75 on Saturday. Fits the mini perfectly, just tight enough. It wouldn't fit with a case on it though.

It's this one:

http://www.amazon.com/BUILT-Neopren...4565&sr=8-3&keywords=built+sleeve+kindle+fire

Do you know how well it would fit with a smart cover?

Anyone know of a sleeve that is not open on one end but also doesn't cost an arm and a leg? I can't be the only one that thinks $50 for a sleeve the size of the mini is way too steep. Around the house I'll just use the mini with the smart cover, but I would like something to keep it in when I have it in a laptop bag. Something that either zips shut or has a flap would be fine.

Phisherman81

macrumors 6502
Mar 26, 2010

Anyone know of a sleeve that is not open on one end but also doesn't cost an arm and a leg? I can't be the only one that thinks $50 for a sleeve the size of the mini is way too steep. Around the house I'll just use the mini with the smart cover, but I would like something to keep it in when I have it in a laptop bag. Something that either zips shut or has a flap would be fine.

I'd be super tight with a Smart Cover, maybe too tight. I'm with ya about the prices of some accessories, it's nuts.

This one doesn't close or zipper so there is that but it's a great wait and see stopgap until there are some better thought out cases.

seajewel

macrumors 6502
Aug 31, 2010
I really love my sleeve. I was trying to google it to try to find information for you guys but no go. I'm not sure what it was made for, but it's light, provides padding, and is zippered all the way (with cushioned zippers so it won't come in contact with the device). Pictured above. It's not the Sony PRS-950 zipper sleeve which I found online, but I'm fairly sure that will be too narrow.

http://www.amazon.com/Navitechs-Res...22455&sr=8-30&keywords=zipper+sleeve+e+reader

Maybe this will fit! It is only $9 and free shipping and is supposed to fit a variety of 7" devices (although most are usually a narrower aspect ratio) so it might be worth looking into.

Ladybug

macrumors 68000
Apr 13, 2006

I have this one coming in today.

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B009ID0VVS/ref=oh_details_o00_s00_i00

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.