Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

towg

macrumors regular
Original poster
Jul 9, 2012
Cardiff
Hi

Does anyone know the process of updating CM nightly builds? On my S3 I get an error when Clockworkmod tries to update it;

E: failed to open /sdcard//cmupdater/cm-10-201211
(no such file or directory)
E:signature verification failed
Installation aborted

I know its a common problem as I checked the CM forums but theres no solution posted.

Would anyone here know how to do a manual update via Clockwork?

Many thanks

Toby

blackhand1001

macrumors 68030
Jan 6, 2009
Hi

Does anyone know the process of updating CM nightly builds? On my S3 I get an error when Clockworkmod tries to update it;

E: failed to open /sdcard//cmupdater/cm-10-201211
(no such file or directory)
E:signature verification failed
Installation aborted

I know its a common problem as I checked the CM forums but theres no solution posted.

Would anyone here know how to do a manual update via Clockwork?

Many thanks

Toby

You should be able to just download the zip and flash it in clockwork along with gapps. Then wipe cache and dalvik cache and your good to go.

towg

macrumors regular
Original poster
Jul 9, 2012
Cardiff
You should be able to just download the zip and flash it in clockwork along with gapps. Then wipe cache and dalvik cache and your good to go.

Yep that means I have to start from scratch and download all my apps over again and enter passwords/details etc.

I want a way to update the OS without losing data.

blackhand1001

macrumors 68030
Jan 6, 2009
Yep that means I have to start from scratch and download all my apps over again and enter passwords/details etc.

I want a way to update the OS without losing data.

No it doesn't. Only wiping the data partition makes you lose your apps and settings.

ChazUK

macrumors 603
Feb 3, 2008
Essex (UK)
Try disabling signature verification. source

Boot into recovery manually (NOT via rom manager) go to "Install zip from SD card" and then disable Signature verification via the "Toggle signature verification" menu option.

You might have accidentally enabled it.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.