PDA

View Full Version : Wordpress 11" or 13" MacBook Air

peterb69
Nov 5, 2012, 12:31 PM
I am going to be maintaining my camera club's website which is switching over to wordpress. I also need a new computer and decide on the Air.

So, for creating wordpress web pages (and photo gallery), is buying a 13" smarter then an 11". I assume 13" is probably the most common size out there, so I wonder if it is better to see my pages I'm publishing on the 13".

So I guess I'm looking for any response from 11" Air owners who also have a wordpress site. Any issues? Wish for bigger screen?

Thanks

GGJstudios
Nov 5, 2012, 12:40 PM
So, for creating wordpress web pages (and photo gallery), is buying a 13" smarter then an 11".
The screen size you choose is a matter of personal preference. Either will be more than sufficient for the needs you describe.

Lampmeister
Nov 5, 2012, 12:57 PM
The screen size you choose is a matter of personal preference. Either will be more than sufficient for the needs you describe.

Exactly. If you're concerned how others will see it, I'd suggest using a "responsive" WordPress theme, as they can alter the layout appropriately depending on whether the viewer is seeing the site on a computer, tablet, or phone.

NutsNGum
Nov 5, 2012, 01:02 PM
In my experience, if you have access to an external monitor, the 11" is a great sole computer, if you don't, and the Air is going to be your only machine, I'd recommend the 13". I say this having owned both.

halledise
Nov 5, 2012, 01:10 PM
In my experience, if you have access to an external monitor, the 11" is a great sole computer, if you don't, and the Air is going to be your only machine, I'd recommend the 13". I say this having owned both.

fully agree with this comment - my wife sent hers back, screen to small and she'd end up with a headache most days she used it.
since getting the 13" all is fine.