PDA

View Full Version : WT/T: PC compatble PCI SCSI Card

LimeiBook86
Sep 9, 2005, 11:13 PM
Want to Trade (Feeler) for PC PCI SCSI Card

I need a PC compatible PCI SCSI card that has a BIOS so I can boot to a SCSI drive on my PC (Which doesn't have SCSI as a boot up option even with my Mac SCSI card installed)

I'd be willing to trade some things like ethernet cables, old hard drives, and a lot of old mac parts. I just need a working PC compatible SCSI card so I can use my internal SCSI drive to boot off of, I don't think it's UWSCSI or SCSI2 or anything, it's just regular old internal SCSI. Anyone have one of these? I don't really need one now but, I'm eager to get this old PC working, my friend may have one but, if he doesn't I might end up buying one. ;)

P.S.: I have the Adaptec SCSI PCI Card for the Mac model: 'AHA-2930CU MAC', would anyone know of a way to flash the card's ROM to a PC one so I don't have to buy another card?

skoker
Sep 10, 2005, 11:15 AM
I have a PCI SCSI card for you, but I don't know about the booting. I'll have to get back to you.

LimeiBook86
Sep 10, 2005, 12:58 PM
I have a PCI SCSI card for you, but I don't know about the booting. I'll have to get back to you.

Yeah from what I understand the SCSI card has a BIOS on it's ROM, and before the PC goes to it's regular BIOS you can change SCSI settings via the PCI card. This way if your PC doesn't have on-board SCSI you can still tell it to boot to a SCSI drive...which is what I need. I saw a SCSI card for $10 with a cable...I should have got it but....it looked broken and it was dirty. :(