Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

plantguy

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Nov 6, 2012
I received my new iPad4 last Friday, and when I look at it for a few minutes, I start feeling nauseus, and start getting a headache. I have been using an iPad2 all the time for a year and half, and an iPhone4 & 5 with no problems. I am guessing it is the larger retina screen that I am having trouble with. I was wondering if anyone else has dealt with this and are there any ways to help my eyes adjust to the retina screen. I have tried lowering the brightness, and have tried looking at it an hour and then recover, look, recover, etc., with no success so far.

plantguy

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Nov 6, 2012
Since there are features I like on the iPad4, I was trying to see if anyone has had this problem, and been able to deal with it. This will help me decide if I should keep trying to adjust despite the problems, and perhaps get some tips on how to adjust or if I need to return it. I am sorry to have troubled the fine people on this site. I to have a question, "Why post if you have nothing good to say?"

wootwootwootlol

macrumors newbie
Oct 25, 2012
lol

It happens to me sometimes when playing 3d shooters on computer..
It used to be so bad when playing quake that I would keep a trash can next to desk to kak into. but loved the game so much... oh well price you pay i guess..
lol

ReValveiT

macrumors regular
Sep 20, 2012
It happens to me sometimes when playing 3d shooters on computer..
It used to be so bad when playing quake that I would keep a trash can next to desk to kak into. but loved the game so much... oh well price you pay i guess..
lol

Goldeneye on the N64 used to make me feel dreadful! Still played it tho :D

Re. the op; can't see why the iPad screen would make you feel like this... Strange indeed...

GoCubsGo

macrumors Nehalem
Feb 19, 2005
Re. the op; can't see why the iPad screen would make you feel like this... Strange indeed...
Although "seasick" isn't really the correct term, I can see why some people think they're feeling the nauseousness. There have been times when I've been reading something on my iPhone while walking and felt off balance. Fact is, some people just have it way worse than others. It is not tied to an iPad only, people have complained while playing video games on standard LCD TVs as well.

OP, try to follow those tips posted above and see a doctor maybe.

tarasis

macrumors 6502a
Oct 26, 2007
Here, there and everywhere
I had this on my first iPad 2, switched it for another and didn't have the issue. The first had a yellower screen, the second had a bluer screen. It seemed my eyes where more attuned to the refresh in the first one.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.