PDA

View Full Version : iOS 7 Hopes and Wishes (merged)

Pages : [1] 2 3 4

nanogirl21
Sep 23, 2012, 07:20 AM
What would you guys like to see in IOS 7?

Personally, I don't think i'd could ask for much more. I just reviewed my jail broken tweaks on 5.1.1 and most of my tweaks was added in IOS 6.

Just wondering what everyone else is interested in.

paulcdb
Sep 23, 2012, 07:21 AM
and queue all the 'working maps' posts in 3... 2...1...

thet3chbr0th3r5
Sep 23, 2012, 07:22 AM
I'm interested in seeing a new UI design in iOS 7

Nishi100
Sep 23, 2012, 08:03 AM
Home screen widgets and / or Notification widgets - especially on iPad.
Better use of notification bar -- on the iPad especially: why can't we reply to an email / message direct from the notification bar?
I'm not too bothered about maps improvement, unless Google doesn't release an maps app for iOS
Fix the 'search' in the app store for iPhones / iPod Touches.
Better use of screen for multitasking on iPad, and even iPhones / iPod Touches.
Redesign some default apps -- make it more consistent - if Apple are gonna use black bars, then make everything use black bars.
Something amazing, that nobody has ever seen before...I'm still waiting for Apple to do something amazing and new ('innovative') with iOS.

RxMac
Sep 23, 2012, 08:06 AM
Needs total UI refresh.

APlotdevice
Sep 23, 2012, 08:38 AM
- A central documents folder. Making it easier to share files between apps.
- Back and Forward page gestures in Safari.
- Dual screen AirPlay support for built in apps. That is to say display content in a way optimized for television, instead of just mirroring the screen between black boxes.
- Relaxed multitasking restrictions while your iDevice is plugged in. Like allowing apps more than ten minutes to perform task in background.
- Ability to reply to IMs without switching apps.
- Ability to display your music library from the multitasking bar by holding down on the play button.
- Optional Magic Mouse support for the iPad.
- Better support for secondary functions on BT keyboard. Eg. page up/down; map mission control to multitasking bar.
- Lower minimum brightness setting on iPad. iBooks can set it lower; I'd like that option to be universal.
- A way to bring up the playback controls on the lock screen without having to double click the home button.
- Toggle for Do Not Disturb within notification center; Just like Mountain Lion.

Edit 10/1:
- Option to see notifications from other devices on the same network. So for example you could start a large download on your Mac and leave then the room, with a notification appearing on your iDevice when it's done. Or if you receive a call on your iPhone you could see the caller ID information without having to look away from your Mac's or AppleTV's screen. To avoid confusion the notification could be prefaced with the name of the originating device.

1/7:
- Generally tighter integration between iOS apps and their Mac and AppleTV counterparts. Like being able to start a FaceTime call on the desktop and, with the tap of a button, have the call transfer to your iPhone. Or choosing from which device you'd like to have Home Shared media in the Music and Video apps play, even being able switch between them while playing. (This would render the separate remote app largely redundant.)

tann
Sep 23, 2012, 09:07 AM
Quick settings or something (for wifi/3g/data especially).

Brightness instead of volume control when 2 tapped home button and swipe 2 sideways on iPhone, why do we need volume when we have dedicated volume buttons on the side?

maybe dynamic icons rather than widgets.

better notifications on the iPad, notification bar is a joke especially since pulling down doesn't even give us the battery %!!

ipod battery %.

obviously maps, but that should be done ASAP rather than wait until ios7.

Branskins
Sep 23, 2012, 09:32 AM
I think it's obvious there will be UI changes, especially for the bigger iPhone screen.

iOS 6 couldn't do a lot because it would have revealed the larger screen months in advance.

Plus Apple usually addresses the major issues of what everyone is complaining about at the time: apps, push notifications, multitasking, etc. iOS 6 was the first time many didn't really know what to expect until maps got leaked

catskillthunder
Sep 23, 2012, 10:12 AM
* Would love to see a default MMS/Text app that you can just reply from the splash screen when a msg gets sent to you. (ie BiteSMS)

* Wouldn't mind a UI change. Maybe the ability to resize icons.

* No widgets other then what's available now. widgets are Androids thing, let Apple innovate something better.

thet3chbr0th3r5
Sep 23, 2012, 10:16 AM
Maybe if they could add transparent icons that would be pretty awesome

PS65
Sep 23, 2012, 10:25 AM
and queue all the 'working maps' posts in 3... 2...1...

Umm working maps would be good. :-)

snow755
Sep 23, 2012, 10:50 AM
If you got a iPhone 3GS or iPhone. 4 good luck. In getting ios 7 next year

nanogirl21
Sep 23, 2012, 12:27 PM

and why do you say this? I have 4s

paulcdb
Sep 23, 2012, 12:30 PM
Umm working maps would be good. :-)

maps actually work well considering this is the first release! Only issue i've seen is from the business listings.

How many people on these forums could create a maps app and have it totally bug free on the first release? I've already started correcting errors locally and the more people who do the same, the better the maps become!

ignore them... there's no reason for apple not to release ios7 for the iphone 4 since they are still selling it!

Upgrades from apple are far better than any android phone ;)

snow755
Sep 23, 2012, 12:47 PM

I said iPhone 4 not the. 4S

Am 100% sure. That ios 7 8 and. May be 9 will come too the iPhone 4S

But what am not sure of is the iPhone 4 that will be Geting ios 7 if it dos It will likey olny be bug fixes

iPhone. 3GS. Will likey not get ios 7 at all

Nevzorus
Sep 23, 2012, 01:21 PM

But what am not sure of is the iPhone 4 that will be Geting ios 7 if it dos It will likey olny be bug fixes

The iPhone 4 will more then likely get iOS 7 IF it's not a huge update.

Does your keyboard work btw?

dukebound85
Sep 23, 2012, 01:23 PM

Um source?

I bet the 4s gets partial features of the ios7 and bug fixes in ios8. Dropepd from ios 9. Why? precedent

snow755
Sep 23, 2012, 01:27 PM
Um source?

I bet the 4s gets partial features of the ios7 and bug fixes in ios8. Dropepd from ios 9. Why? precedent

There is no source this saying it could

The iPhone. 4S is still a vary new phone wish came out in 2011 of last year

AQUADock
Sep 23, 2012, 01:29 PM

The iPhone 4 should get iOS 7 just like the 3GS got iOS 6.

kirky29
Sep 23, 2012, 01:31 PM
A big important area that Apple needs to work on, hopefully for iOS 7 is the default photos app.

It would be nice to do pretty simple things, like sort by date, file size etc

And some more advance things like tagging, rating, face tagging, view the exif data, delete batch from 'xx' to 'xx' and sort by 5 star rated etc

For me, it's been one of the most neglected areas of iOS and it's such an important one!

:)

dukebound85
Sep 23, 2012, 01:31 PM
There is no source this saying it could

The iPhone. 4S is still a vary new phone wish came out in 2011 of last year

The original ipad came out relatively recently too (2 years) and it didnt get ios6

northernbaldy
Sep 23, 2012, 02:09 PM
A totally new interface would be nice, but with an option to run the current interface to keep people happy

cynics
Sep 23, 2012, 02:29 PM
A big important area that Apple needs to work on, hopefully for iOS 7 is the default photos app.

And some more advance things like tagging, rating, face tagging, view the exif data, delete batch from 'xx' to 'xx' and sort by 5 star rated etc

For me, it's been one of the most neglected areas of iOS and it's such an important one!

This! Great point. No matter how much I try to keep my photos straight I can't find them half the time. I kind of wish they were actually moved out of the camera roll and into the folders I put them so I could keep better track of them.

Cavity
Sep 23, 2012, 02:31 PM
I'm interested in seeing a new UI design in iOS 7

Definitely this. If there was a UI change, I wouldn't mind sacrificing a few things.

SSonnentag
Sep 23, 2012, 02:34 PM
I still want subfolders...

Tanax
Sep 23, 2012, 03:19 PM
I'm a heavy texter and sometimes texts up to a couple of 100's of texts per day. What I'd like to see is an easier way to keep track of your conversation. For instance:

- Search within a conversation for a certain keyword
- "Timeline":ish, e.g. be able to easier go back X days/weeks/months/years to see older messages in the conversation
- "Find" all attachments(images/videos/etc)

Other than that, I definitely second the UI refresh. It's about time now! Maybe with the UI refresh, the messages-updates I've suggested above will be easier to incorporate!

Qaanol
Sep 23, 2012, 03:34 PM
Wi-Fi hotspot without cell carrier permission. If I send data back and forth between my iPhone and my MacBook, it’s none of the cell network’s business what that data is. They already charge me for the data I send between my iPhone and their cell network, it’s none of their business what I do with that data locally.

Sort apps in App Store when browsing and searching. I want to sort apps by average review, by average review for current version, by original release date, by current version release date, by name, by number of downloads, by number of downloads for current version, by price, and so forth.

Ability to assign trust to apps myself. I bought the iPhone, I own the physical device, therefore I am the one who should decide which programs can and cannot run on it. If Apple does not want to put a certain app in their App Store, fine, let them not. But for them to prevent me from installing apps from other sources, that is contrary to the idea that I own the device.

Home screen rotate to landscape mode on iPhone.

Documents folder.

Ability to remove pictures from camera roll after placing them in other albums.

Rotation lock that works in landscape as well as portrait.

Ability to view saved WiFi passwords by entering Apple ID and password.

Photos app should show full-res versions of pictures.

Folders within folders.

Unlimited icons per folder.

Place app icons in any grid location, not just “fill from top left in order”.

Option to make tapping a number while viewing a contact pop up a question asking whether I want to Call, Edit, or Cancel. Same for tapping an email address, etc.

Ability to choose a different app to launch from the lock-screen Camera button.

Quick access to Brightness adjustment from a physical button.

An option to have the enclosing folder close after launching an app from it.

Option for custom lockscreen behavior. This might actually be my biggest reason not to upgrade until a jailbreak is out: I really like my custom lockscreen that shows the current phase of the moon on a black background.

bp1000
Sep 23, 2012, 05:15 PM
Regardless of iOS version, I would like iOS to have:

- Ability to launch system functions and change settings using Siri
- Siri speed improvements and stability
- AirPlay to multiple devices for audio
- offline caching for maps
- voice pattern matching with local caching for quicker execution of Siri commands
- pubic transport in maps
- more waze features integrated into maps
- contacts check in on maps (Facebook, fore square meets google latitude)
- proper conversation threading in mail
- iCloud syncing for mail view, like iCloud tabs but for mail
- iCloud syncing for more system functions like music
- reintroduction of wifi plus
- swipe gestures in safari
- swipe gestures to show and switch between open apps

KnightWRX
Sep 23, 2012, 05:21 PM
The original ipad came out relatively recently too (2 years) and it didnt get ios6

It wasn't still on the sale the year iOS 6 shipped. The 3GS was and it got iOS 6.

Basically, if Apple still sells it the year of the iOS release and drops it at the refresh cycle, you're getting that year's iOS update as your last update.

iPad got iOS 5 and was dropped off in March 2011. 3GS was dropped off September 2012 and got iOS 6.

iPhone 4 is still on sale and will get dropped off next year, thus it will get iOS 7 if Apple sticks to the 1 year refresh cycle.

thet3chbr0th3r5
Sep 23, 2012, 05:58 PM
The iPhone 4 should get iOS 7 just like the 3GS got iOS 6.

What I don't get is why didn't Apple upgrade the iPod Touch 3rd generation to iOS 6 it is slightly faster than the 3G S.

cameronfree
Sep 24, 2012, 01:22 PM
I would love to see "Battery Conservation Mode" where the phone would:

-Turn off bluetooth
-Turn off wifi
-Kill all apps
-Dim screen brightness
-Push notifications

etc...

Until you can reconnect to a charger.

pvq
Sep 24, 2012, 01:33 PM
Ability to email to a group list in contacts....PLEASE!

Razeus
Sep 24, 2012, 02:05 PM
Let me assign my own default apps!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:mad:

If I use Camera+, then that should be the app that gets loaded on the lock screen.

Same for email apps and browser apps.

SRodriguez28
Sep 25, 2012, 04:26 PM
Each page should be allowed to have a different wallpaper.

So in theory, I could take a Pano shot then as I swipe through I pages of apps, I could be going from left to right in the same photo.

Or just simply have different pics per page on my home screen.

kirky29
Sep 25, 2012, 04:39 PM
Each page should be allowed to have a different wallpaper.

So in theory, I could take a Pano shot then as I swipe through I pages of apps, I could be going from left to right in the same photo.

Or just simply have different pics per page on my home screen.

Couldn't agree more, this was always one of the massive reasons I used to jailbreak. Sounds stupid, I know.

But visual appearance is very important to me :)

nikomakhos
Sep 25, 2012, 04:46 PM
Ability to make a certain wifi connection your home connection, so that when your phone connects to that wifi, it knows it has arrived home. I would love to use location based reminders to "remind me to X when I get home", but that does not work at the moment. My iPhone never gives me those notifications, because the GPS signal points to a building across the street when I'm at home. Also constantly checking the GPS location really uses a lot of battery.

Also users should be able to assign default apps, fe. the possible Google Maps app over Apple Maps.

Tmelon
Sep 25, 2012, 05:05 PM
I'm hoping for live tiles similar to Windows Phone. I know that they won't add widgets, but live tiles will serve the same purpose.

I'd also like larger folders and some sort of quick reply for messages so that I don't have to stop what I'm doing and open the Messages app.

JoeyCloverfield
Sep 25, 2012, 05:30 PM

Unlike the iPhone 3GS, the original iPad was no longer being sold when iOS 6 was announced. I assume the iPhone 4 will still be selling when they announce iOS 7. (later to be replaced by the 4S once the new iPhone comes out)

Features I posted in another thread:
• Assign Default Apps (Web Browser, Mail Application, Music Player, Weather App)
• Hide built-in apps (or at least an option to hide Newstand/Passbook unless I have an application that actually utilizes them.)
• Notification-Center-based-reply: If I get a message, when I drop down Notification Center I want to be able to reply from there. Meaning I don't have to open the Messages app or leave my current application. (Allow 3rd party apps to do this as well.)
• Sync individual notifications
• Clear individual notifications
• New iPad Notification Center UI: It looks awkward to me. It should adopt OS X Mountain Lion's design where it comes in from the side and looks as if it's in back of the content.
• Better Multitasking UI: I'm okay with the suspended-state-multitasking used in iOS, but I want a better UI. I'll even settle for a "Close All" button.
• "Top Sites" in Safari
• Improved iCloud Back-up: Currently iCloud is used to back-up all data. I would like the ability to back-up data on a per-app basis. For example: If I delete Temple Run from my phone and decide to install it a month later, I want the ability to choose to retrieve the data I backed-up. (This is will be an OS feature and not one developers would have to integrate into their apps like they have to now.)
• Safari Gestures: Swipe with 3 fingers to go to the next tab or to go back. Something along those lines.
• Improved App Discovery: I know they have "Genius" but it doesn't seem like enough. Perhaps allow time-filters on the Top Charts. For Example: Top of the Week (as in the top apps that were released this week)

PS. The features are in the order I thought of them. :)

----------

Needs total UI refresh.

I think you meant WANT instead of NEED. iOS doesn't need a UI refresh. Although, I must admit, I too am starting to get bored of the UI.

Definitely this. If there was a UI change, I wouldn't mind sacrificing a few things.

You might not mind but a guaranteed bunch definitely will.

mrkramer
Sep 25, 2012, 05:37 PM
Needs total UI refresh.

Why? And what would you suggest them doing with it? It seems like most people who want a total UI change just want it because they are bored, and change for the sake of change often tends to mess things up, think when Apple redesigned iMovie a little while back.

HMI
Sep 25, 2012, 05:44 PM
In no particular order:

1) delete updates from update queue without needing to update or delete the app it refers to.
2) delete available downloads from the download queue without needing to finish the download first.
3) iTunes/iBooks/App Store purchases can ask you which registered devices you want to automatically download to before automatically starting the download (much like the AirPlay Speaker menu in iTunes on a computer.) This way you could use an iOS Device to make a purchase without needing to download the content on the device itself (but have it available on other devices.)
4) adding a "Feedback/Feature Request/Report Problems" section to settings app.
5) add the voice memo app to iPad.
6) allow FaceTime to make voice only calls without requiring a video signal.
7) add Passbook to iPad.
8) allow Landscape Orientation lock on iPod touch
9) add landscape keyboards throughout iOS on iPod touch.
10) add a separate mute/orientation lock switch to iPod touch (hw&sw)
11) change "Artist" to be the default tab selection when the Music App opens.
12) allow additional and user manageable search engines in Safari.
13) allow "walkie-talkie" like voice messages to be sent/received in iMessage (similar to #6 with FaceTime)
14) add the ability for a recorded Voice Memo to be saved to the Music App as a "new" or "existing" "Artist" and "Album", saved to iCloud, and available for auto download to other iOS devices/computers
15) add PhotoStream Filters to keep "boring" photos (such as still shots of business documents) from appearing in slideshows. Of course, this could be extended to include filters for specific people or places.
16) add an option to "Block" people from contacting you in the Contacts App.
17) add native third party account support to Passbook (with security/privacy), so that one doesn't need to use multiple apps on each iOS device to use Passbook itself. (I don't know if this is possible without sacrificing security/privacy, but it would be convenient and useful).
18) allow specific Cities, States, Regions, Countries, and Continents to be saved/cached on the iOS Device, so that no cellular signal is required to use Maps and Turn-by-Turn navigation when away from wifi. Make this manageable through the Maps App itself, as-well-as through iTunes sync on computers.
19) add a link to the camera app on the iPad lock screen.

There may be more, but this is good for now.

*** SUBMITTED TO APPLE.COM/FEEDBACK ***

conkerbot
Sep 25, 2012, 06:45 PM
Explicit way to add words to dictionary
Live icons (like Calendar app)
More integrated Siri (set an alarm in Siri, then Siri will tell you it's done... small but meaningful changes)
Notification dictation - swipe on a email/message notification, and the message will be read to you without switching app
Unified "omnibar" in Safari - like the desktop version
Better (or simply fewer) standard apps
Unify and refine UI - is it blue, white or black that's the main colour for apps?
AirDrop functionality for iOS
Block callers and texts
"Quick actions" - like the tweet and FB buttons in notification centre, but provide an SDK to allow apps to integrate into this
Notification Centre widgets. Not too essential, but could add some good functionality
Enhanced security - only lock when away from house etc
Integrate FB messages into Messages app (unlikely)
Extend FaceTime (meant to be open standard) and iMessage to android, WM, Windows etc. (unlikely)
Ability to change camera lockscreen shortcut to any app
Ability to select solid colours as wallpapers
Passcode protect access to apps
Extend Guided Access (i.e., specify can't move away from certain domain in Safari)
Shared storage for apps - a "folder" where every app can add and retrieve data, to share pictures or documents for example
Buy Cue (the app) and integrate into Spotlight. Allow much deeper integration of personal details into OS, Spotlight and Siri. Like Google Now, but even deeper.
Integrate Yelp - read reviews in Maps, rather than being directed to app.
Sync email settings between devices

Loads more I can think of, but those would all be great changes. Also left Maps out of it, because of where I live I've not been too bothered by the change even though I recognise how rough it is.

maricc
Sep 25, 2012, 08:33 PM
Regardless of iOS version, I would like iOS to have:

- Ability to launch system functions and change settings using Siri
- Siri speed improvements and stability
- AirPlay to multiple devices for audio
- offline caching for maps
- voice pattern matching with local caching for quicker execution of Siri commands
- pubic transport in maps
- more waze features integrated into maps
- contacts check in on maps (Facebook, fore square meets google latitude)
- proper conversation threading in mail
- iCloud syncing for mail view, like iCloud tabs but for mail
- iCloud syncing for more system functions like music
- reintroduction of wifi plus
- swipe gestures in safari
- swipe gestures to show and switch between open apps

Whats that?

I REALLY want Siri to be able to do things like:

--Turnon/off bluetooth, wifi, vibrate, etc.
--An easy way to go from RINGER-->VIBRATE-->SILENT (by pushing to the volume buttons on the side)

APlotdevice
Sep 25, 2012, 08:45 PM
Whats that?

it was an setting in iOS 6 beta which, when enabled, would allow apps to automatically continue downloading over 3G/LTE if your WiFi connection cut out.

Tar Sniffer
Sep 27, 2012, 04:52 AM
I posted this in another thread:

Less Pre-Installed Apps: I feel that iOS has to many pre-installed apps at the moment. First off, I would get rid of the Compass app and let it live or die on the App Store. Second, I would do away with the Weather and Stock apps by fully integrating them into Notification Centre. I imagine they would look mostly the same as they are now in NC, but when you tap the weather or stock box it would expand and display graphs or the weekly forecasts for other cities.

Improved Weather: I've heard a lot of people complain about how inaccurate Yahoo Weather is, and have seen it off as much as 10 Celsius on numerous occasions. I would therefore love it if Apple actually use the forecasts given by each nations Bureau of Meteorology.

Remove Newsstand: Like so many others I hate that Newsstand folder. Therefore I hope they merge it with iBooks or at least keep it hidden until a newsstand related app is installed.

A Native Dictionary App: This one is self explanatory. A translation feature would also be nice.

Update the blue pop-up boxes: I personally find the blue pop-up boxes to be extremely tacky. A lack transparent black box would look much nicer.

Battery Alert Banner: This is long over due. The current pop-up is very annoying, particularly when playing a game.

UI fixes: iOS 6 introduced some pretty bad design choices. I would like to see the elegant white status bar be returned as the new grey, blue and black colours are just depressing and inconsistent. Also bring back the old Music App colour scheme and return the Phone keypad or create something more sexy since the new one is TACKY.

Social Network Hide Option: I'm not opposed to Social Networks being integrated in iOS, but for those of us that don't use them their presence are just clutter in certain menus, such as when I'm trying to share photos. A simple option in the Settings to hide their appearance would be very helpful.

OS X Additions: Introduce the new Mountain Lion dock and uni-bar in Safari.

Dinh
Sep 27, 2012, 04:58 AM
iOS 5 - Integration with Twitter.

iOS 6 - Integration with Facebook

iOS 7 - Integration with LinkdIn ?:confused::confused:

dontpannic
Sep 27, 2012, 05:08 AM
Simple things really.

I don't want the springboard to change. I'd like widgets, but I'd prefer those on the notification centre rather than clogging up the springboard.

Open up the notification centre API so that developers can create widgets for the NC.

Better use of the lockscreen, weather widget etc.

Ability to quick reply to messages (in fact, just hire the developer of Messages+ please Apple!)

Quick compose SMS (in the same way as Tap to Tweet and Tap to Post)

Toggles in the notification centre (again, Apple, just hire the guy behind NCToggles)

Other than that, not a great deal really!

Fietsbel
Sep 27, 2012, 06:46 AM
Explicit way to add words to dictionary
Live icons (like Calendar app)
More integrated Siri (set an alarm in Siri, then Siri will tell you it's done... small but meaningful changes)
Notification dictation - swipe on a email/message notification, and the message will be read to you without switching app
Unified "omnibar" in Safari - like the desktop version
Better (or simply fewer) standard apps
Unify and refine UI - is it blue, white or black that's the main colour for apps?
AirDrop functionality for iOS
Block callers and texts
"Quick actions" - like the tweet and FB buttons in notification centre, but provide an SDK to allow apps to integrate into this
Notification Centre widgets. Not too essential, but could add some good functionality
Enhanced security - only lock when away from house etc
Integrate FB messages into Messages app (unlikely)
Extend FaceTime (meant to be open standard) and iMessage to android, WM, Windows etc. (unlikely)
Ability to change camera lockscreen shortcut to any app
Ability to select solid colours as wallpapers
Passcode protect access to apps
Extend Guided Access (i.e., specify can't move away from certain domain in Safari)
Shared storage for apps - a "folder" where every app can add and retrieve data, to share pictures or documents for example
Buy Cue (the app) and integrate into Spotlight. Allow much deeper integration of personal details into OS, Spotlight and Siri. Like Google Now, but even deeper.
Integrate Yelp - read reviews in Maps, rather than being directed to app.
Sync email settings between devices

Loads more I can think of, but those would all be great changes. Also left Maps out of it, because of where I live I've not been too bothered by the change even though I recognise how rough it is.
Good one, indeed a lot of points that are inconsistent atm

Sedrick
Sep 27, 2012, 07:36 AM

haha, I was thinking something like that (as a joke of course). Makes you wonder what the hell the OS team does for an entire year!

At this point I'd be surprised (but pleased) if we even got themes and the ability to place icons where ever we wanted. Seems to be too much for the brains in Apple Development, though they've been in the JB community forever.

Defender2010
Sep 27, 2012, 07:48 AM
1. Full screen iPad notification centre with developer api's to add live info, like weather and stock apps do now on iPhone. Up to developer how these look, but must be all the same size.

2. Swipe up to open multitasking bar on iPhone

3. Resizing on app icons on home screen?

bearda
Sep 27, 2012, 08:27 AM
I don't think any of these are big and earth-shattering, but each one has managed to annoy me on a regular basis.

Landscape home and lock screen for the iPhone, like the iPad
Voice navigation prompts over bluetooth, the way Siri works.
Facebook integration: Better linking of fields. Every contract I link has two phone numbers because it doesn't be able to tell that +1 XXX-XXX-XXX that facebook uses is the same as (XXX) XXX-XXXX that my contacts have.
Weekday vs weekend notification center scheduling.
Facetime as a separate app on the iPhone. I like how it's set up on the iPad. As it stands now half the time I try to start Facetime with my wife I end up calling her by accident.

baller1308
Sep 27, 2012, 08:55 AM
A quick reply from the lockscreen would be cool. You would have to enter your password to prevent anyone from replying.

Quick access to wifi, 4g, and all that from the notifications menu would be a nice addition.

JMoSox
Sep 27, 2012, 08:58 AM
I think that mobile OS' in general have lost track of what "mobile" should be. The ability to have access to information, communication, organization has been available for a long time. There have been a lot of refinements, but not a lot of big changes. I think that a mobile device should still be about access to info, but it needs to be more personal. iOS should be able to learn who you are. Where do you work, what days and times do you work - how do you get there. Now that TBT maps are on board, it should be easy for the iPhone to use this information, like google now, to check traffic and weather conditions before you wake up, set off alarm earlier if there is problem with traffic, give you the information and alternative routes if necessary. It should be able to give you access to the news that you care about, be aware of appointments in your calendar and alert you if you're running late or if traffic will be a problem. Basically, information presented to you as opposed to you having to look it up.

essential
Sep 27, 2012, 09:55 AM
I like a lot of the ideas so far. I agree with the block call/text, and would also like the ability to show/hide pre-loaded apps. I'm sick of Newstand looking like the ugly duckling I can't hide in a folder, and don't need things I don't use like GameCenter taking up space in a folder. I don't think Apple will ever let us delete them, but at least let us hide them.

rtomyj
Sep 27, 2012, 03:15 PM
All of you - http://www.apple.com/feedback/iphone.html
Please submit here. Most are very good. And instead of hoping, you put the ball on Apples court.

green94
Sep 27, 2012, 03:54 PM
Something like Intelliscreen X - i'm already missing my jailbroken 4S... but not too much :)

Pock
Sep 27, 2012, 04:07 PM
Redesign some default apps -- make it more consistent - if Apple are gonna use black bars, then make everything use black bars.

Totally agree with this. iOS6 feels like each app was designed by a different team of people. There should be more consistency across the default apps.

I'm not bothered by a total UI refresh, I don't see how it's necessary, but general consistency would go a long way.

cmChimera
Sep 27, 2012, 04:21 PM
I could see Apple shutting out the iPhone 4 for iOS 7 and utilizing the processing power of all the dual-cores for some features. A lot of people are asking for a UI refresh, but what exactly? I don't see the point. I would like some third-party NC widgets and some NC settings toggles, but besides that I'm not sure what kind of UI change I would want.

RoboCop001
Sep 27, 2012, 04:21 PM
When a passcode is enabled and the phone is locked, it should ask for the passcode if you try to turn it off.

kirky29
Sep 27, 2012, 04:22 PM
I just submitted this to Apple:

Do you think if I send it everyday they'll get added? Or they'll just block me ;)!

---
A couple of ideas for the next revision of iOS.
As a lot of people are now starting to stay iOS is becoming stale, old and plain boring compared to Android and even WP you guys really need to step up.

- Ability to have a different background per page, fantastic for those panoramic pictures, you could scroll across your own picture!

- Live updating weather icon

- Move icons anywhere, not just in the grid. Maybe an option to unlock from the grid like on PCs?

- Better multitasking, you guys use Expose on Mac, which is the best thing in the World...why is this seriously not at least on the iPad????!

- Easier and quicker way to quit apps, like on Android, you can swipe to quit. It's stupid on iOS where you have to hold down and wait for the quit. There isn't even a quit all button.

- More camera/video options. Basic options, like white balance, file size etc

- MASSIVE update to the photos app...so we can search for pictures, rate, tag photos, flag, select from A-B to delete quicker.

- Make videos go in their own folder, not in the camera roll

- View EXIF info in the photos app

- One click share photos to Mac folder via Wifi (not iCloud) like an app called PhotoSync

- Make screenshots go in their own album, not in the camera roll...maybe the same for saved photos from the web

- Toggles in the notification centre, like for airplane mode, brightness, volume, wifi etc

- Better bluetooth sharing options. Something like Airdrop for Mac but with iOS devices. We don't all have access to the internet, but closeup we could bluetooth/airshare photos

- SET DEFAULT APP

- Make folders automatically close after you've opened then closed the app (maybe an option in settings)

- Unified search box in safari

- An animation when unlocking/locking the phone. Like the Nexus, or like you can get when you jailbreak the iPhone

- Ability to put newsstand in a folder (seriously...)

- Airprint to other printers........

- Upload to Facebook 'Mobile Uploads' album

- Yearly view on the Calendar app

nfl46
Sep 27, 2012, 04:32 PM
It needs a UI refresh. Functionality can stay the same (well, improve), but as far as customization, it needs an update...badly.

----------

Integration of MySpace.

You haven't heard? Justin Timberlake says MySpace is coming backkkk! :p

Pock
Sep 27, 2012, 04:50 PM
I'd like notifications to work so that when I read an email or check a Facebook message on one device, it updates on all devices. Much the same as iMessage works now.

bp1000
Sep 27, 2012, 05:03 PM
Whats that?

Wifi Plus Cellular is a feature Apple intended to include with iOS6 which when enabled will choose whichever network gives the best speed and stability.

Quite often you automatically join a public wifi network, even with a great signal and have pig slow speeds. With the introduction of HSDPA+/4G and LTE it's quite possible your cellular connectivity would be better. With Wifi Plus Cellular it would choose your Cellular connection in this example.

I presume it wasn't working stable enough to include in the final release and it was removed in beta 4 i think. Quite ironic considering Maps is just as bad :D

rtomyj
Sep 27, 2012, 05:03 PM
I just submitted this to Apple:

Do you think if I send it everyday they'll get added? Or they'll just block me ;)!

---
A couple of ideas for the next revision of iOS.
As a lot of people are now starting to stay iOS is becoming stale, old and plain boring compared to Android and even WP you guys really need to step up.

- Ability to have a different background per page, fantastic for those panoramic pictures, you could scroll across your own picture!

- Live updating weather icon

- Move icons anywhere, not just in the grid. Maybe an option to unlock from the grid like on PCs?

- Better multitasking, you guys use Expose on Mac, which is the best thing in the World...why is this seriously not at least on the iPad????!

- Easier and quicker way to quit apps, like on Android, you can swipe to quit. It's stupid on iOS where you have to hold down and wait for the quit. There isn't even a quit all button.

- More camera/video options. Basic options, like white balance, file size etc

- MASSIVE update to the photos app...so we can search for pictures, rate, tag photos, flag, select from A-B to delete quicker.

- Make videos go in their own folder, not in the camera roll

- View EXIF info in the photos app

- One click share photos to Mac folder via Wifi (not iCloud) like an app called PhotoSync

- Make screenshots go in their own album, not in the camera roll...maybe the same for saved photos from the web

- Toggles in the notification centre, like for airplane mode, brightness, volume, wifi etc

- Better bluetooth sharing options. Something like Airdrop for Mac but with iOS devices. We don't all have access to the internet, but closeup we could bluetooth/airshare photos

- SET DEFAULT APP

- Make folders automatically close after you've opened then closed the app (maybe an option in settings)

- Unified search box in safari

- An animation when unlocking/locking the phone. Like the Nexus, or like you can get when you jailbreak the iPhone

- Ability to put newsstand in a folder (seriously...)

- Airprint to other printers........

- Upload to Facebook 'Mobile Uploads' album

- Yearly view on the Calendar app

I think that if enough people send similar requests, they'd be fools not to listen. And I like the way you were polite, that might also help ;).

onthecouchagain
Sep 27, 2012, 10:08 PM
iOS just isn't improving as quickly as it can be.

All this talk about how Apple shouldn't change much of their UI for fear of upsetting the "main stream" non-tech user base is really, I think, unfounded.

Apple holds classes in their stores. Every time I visit the Apple store, there are people lined up and crowded around the classrooms with happy faces. They've signed up and paid to take those classes; people are eager to learn how to use their new shiny Apple products. Apple can teach them whatever new UI elements they introduce. They're capable of finding ways of implementing new ideas in an intuitive way.

There's no reason Apple shouldn't dynamically change their OS to give users more flexibility.

tech4all
Sep 27, 2012, 10:16 PM
Upgrades from apple are far better than any android phone ;)

It's funny cause it's not true :D

:rolleyes:

APlotdevice
Oct 1, 2012, 12:50 AM
Another feature I just thought of...

Shared Notifications - option to see notifications from other devices on the same network. So for example you could start a large download on your Mac and leave then the room, with a notification appearing on your iDevice when it's done. Or if you receive a call on your iPhone you could see the caller ID information without having to look away from your Mac's or AppleTV's screen*. To avoid confusion the notification could be prefaced with the name of the originating device.

*similar to a feature some cable providers offer with their digital phone service.

cmChimera
Oct 1, 2012, 08:37 AM
Shared Notifications - option to see notifications from other devices on the same network. So for example you could start a large download on your Mac and leave then the room, with a notification appearing on your iDevice when it's done. Or if you receive a call on your iPhone you could see the caller ID information without having to look away from your Mac's or AppleTV's screen*. To avoid confusion the notification could be prefaced with the name of the originating device. That is a really good idea.

I submitted to feedback that I would like a quick reply function. I would love to be able to reply to a text without leaving the app. I used to be able to with a jailbreak, and I miss it.

I really encourage all of you to submit these ideas. I've seen a lot of good ideas that I didn't even think about before reading them. PLEASE use Apple.com/feedback. (www.apple.com/feedback)

Adutrumque
Oct 1, 2012, 08:51 AM
Iam expecting more change. We have seen what this OS can do, now we need a change. Hell, of all the tweaks I have seen from Cydia, Apple can do better.

I wanna see more than "oh we created a folder so u can put ur stuff in it"-type of thing. Its so dull.

Please Apple. Use your imagination.

Parise
Oct 1, 2012, 09:34 AM
Better IME. The current one sucks.

MMOTotal
Oct 1, 2012, 09:53 AM
It seems every years people want that UI refresh. I am fine with the current UI just make it a bit more interactive.

As others have mentioned, things like live updated weather icons and re-sizable app icons etc.

Parise
Oct 1, 2012, 10:15 AM
It seems every years people want that UI refresh. I am fine with the current UI just make it a bit more interactive.

As others have mentioned, things like live updated weather icons and re-sizable app icons etc.

Thats cool and all, but "I am fine with..." doesn't necessarily speak for the general population. I'm getting to the point where I have to switch out menial apps like my Twitter client from making myself feel like my experience is becoming stale :(

53kyle
Nov 7, 2012, 12:18 AM
1. Much more clean design made by Jonny Ive

2. More customization for UI like themes, toolbar colors, status bar colors, button colors

3. Kill all apps or option to disable multitasking

4. Google+, Tumblr, Flickr, and Instagram integration

5. More if you can think of any

dejo
Nov 7, 2012, 12:28 AM
2. conflicts with 1. :)

saving107
Nov 7, 2012, 02:37 AM

Can you provide some specifics?

roxxette
Nov 7, 2012, 02:43 AM
I dont understand "much more clean design" ?? iOS doesnt have much going on.

Rodster
Nov 7, 2012, 03:02 AM
I dont understand "much more clean design" ?? iOS doesnt have much going on.

Hehe I was thinking the same lol.

Blackberryroid
Nov 7, 2012, 03:09 AM
I want offline Siri, manual Aperture/Shutter/ISO settings/White Balance on camera app, a built in manual equalizer on the Music App and heavily redesigned UI.

roxxette
Nov 7, 2012, 03:20 AM
I think whe will see big changes on the UI but nothing major will drop overnight.

MonkeySee....
Nov 7, 2012, 03:24 AM
If Ive has any sense he won't allow you to theme you iDevice.

He has a lot of sense by the way.

flameproof
Nov 7, 2012, 03:26 AM

Isn't he an industrial designer and shouldn't software be done by software designers?

Changes in iOS 7? I gave up hope..... My next phone is something else.

Rodster
Nov 7, 2012, 03:30 AM
Isn't he an industrial designer and shouldn't software be done by software designers?

I agree but tell that to Tim Cook :p

torana355
Nov 7, 2012, 03:39 AM
IOS7 needs more customization, its that simple. The average user does not need to use the extra features but the more advanced users really want more freedom and options to make our idevices unique to our likes/dislikes. I can handle itunes controlling all the syncing ect but please allow us some freedom in other areas. IOS7 has so much potential if Apple is brave enough to realize it.

cyks
Nov 7, 2012, 04:24 AM
There are people who have great ideas, but can't see their full potential and there are people who have difficulty coming up with their own ideas, but know how to take someone else's to a whole new level.

iOS doesn't need major changes. The groundwork, for the most part, has already been set. My issue with it is that very little of it is fully realized or properly thought out.

I'd be content if iOS 7 simply streamlined, made everything fully work as promised (Maps, Siri, DnD), and gave us basic features that should have been implemented long ago- timestamps on messages, multiple user sign-in (a long overdue necessity for the iPad), quick toggles for WiFi, Bluetooth, brightness, etc, multi-finger gestures, and various other options that have been asked for since the beginning.

bigjnyc
Nov 7, 2012, 09:10 AM
Sorry but your wish list is pretty weak lol

I'm not sure how much cleaner you want iOS to get, compared to the cluttered mess that is Android this is as clean as it gets.

I still contend that the organized cleanliness of iOS plus the seamless integration... coupled with jailbreaking makes it the best Mobile OS by far....... Of course the caveat there being jailbreaking which is not exactly a baked in feature.

OZPINHEAD
Nov 7, 2012, 09:17 AM
Can you provide some specifics?

No they can't. Because they really don't know what the OS is designed to do.
They simply think its needs to be changed, because some of the brain farts on the web have told them it's stagnant.

windowstomac
Nov 7, 2012, 09:33 AM
I agree that giving us too much UI customisation could result in iOS screens that look very non-Apple like, but I would like the chance to do a little more than change the wallpaper.

McreativeH
Nov 7, 2012, 09:36 AM
I want offline Siri
This would be awesome

AlphaHumanus
Nov 7, 2012, 10:15 AM
Give us basic features that should have been implemented long ago- timestamps on messages, multiple user sign-in (a long overdue necessity for the iPad), quick toggles for WiFi, Bluetooth, brightness, etc, multi-finger gestures, and various other options that have been asked for since the beginning.
This. and to expand upon the bold, I believe :apple: has a patent on face-recog log in? I'd love to see that, considering phones already exist which unlock via face-recog.

I'd like to see a "swipe text" feature. I've been begging for that for years now. Multi-finger gestures for app switching. I'm sure I'll think of more.

As an aside, I am personally pretty satisfied with iOS. I've been a user since the 3G dropped, and have had no complaints. It seems a little stale now, but so would cheeseburgers if thats all you ate.

ECUpirate44
Nov 7, 2012, 10:19 AM
I want offline Siri.

Me too. I don't understand why she needs an internet connection for everything that can be done locally.

Megalobyte
Nov 7, 2012, 11:44 AM
I'd be content if they could get wifi to work consistently. :)

mattroman246
Nov 7, 2012, 11:45 AM
In Jony Ive I trust

53kyle
Nov 7, 2012, 03:26 PM
I thought that since Jonny ive was in charge of ios, that he could do stuff to the design

----------

2. conflicts with 1. :)

I could be a stock UI that people might like and if they don't, then they could change it

r2shyyou
Nov 7, 2012, 03:31 PM
I thought that since Jonny ive was in charge of ios, that he could do stuff to the design

He can. And it's Jony, not Jonny.

I could be a stock UI that people might like and if they don't, then they could change it

Judging from your exhaustive list of "Hopes and Wishes," if you were a stock UI, I'd instantly change to anything else.

Seiga
Nov 7, 2012, 03:37 PM
IOS7 needs more customization, its that simple. The average user does not need to use the extra features but the more advanced users really want more freedom and options to make our idevices unique to our likes/dislikes. I can handle itunes controlling all the syncing ect but please allow us some freedom in other areas. IOS7 has so much potential if Apple is brave enough to realize it.

Advanced users go android.

OZPINHEAD
Nov 7, 2012, 03:37 PM
Did this person Jony Ive just arrive from an immaculate conception. The way some of you people talk about this person you don't even know, you would be under the impression you believe him to be the messiah.

----------

Now that's funny.

r2shyyou
Nov 7, 2012, 03:45 PM
Did this person Jony Ive just arrive from an immaculate conception.

No, though he is a Knight Commander of the Most Excellent Order of the British Empire, which basically translates to "he's pretty badass".

jordancrombie92
Nov 7, 2012, 03:47 PM
- a complete GUI coz this grid system is getting old news now. something a bit more simple and getting back to the routes of Apple.

- new camera functions, multi-shot feature or similar

- a way to select multiple apps

- new multi-tasking UI

- new lock screen plus more lock options

- active icons

thedeejay
Nov 7, 2012, 03:55 PM
My hopes and wishes for iOS 7

1) Fix the bugs in iOS 6
2) Add new features

dejo
Nov 7, 2012, 04:31 PM

Does that sound like Jony Ive's design ethic?

lunaoso
Nov 7, 2012, 04:51 PM
An airdrop feature would be awesome. And more siri improvements/features. And then the other 198 features are always my favorite. I always like finding/discovering all of the little things.

8a22a
Nov 7, 2012, 05:38 PM
What about iOS 6.2? ;)

trueblueguy
Nov 7, 2012, 07:45 PM
iOS doesn't need major changes. The groundwork, for the most part, has already been set. My issue with it is that very little of it is fully realized or properly thought out.

I'd be content if iOS 7 simply streamlined, made everything fully work as promised (Maps, Siri, DnD), and gave us basic features that should have been implemented long ago- timestamps on messages, multiple user sign-in (a long overdue necessity for the iPad), quick toggles for WiFi, Bluetooth, brightness, etc, multi-finger gestures, and various other options that have been asked for since the beginning.

Amen to that. Ridiculously overdue

Ayemerica
Nov 7, 2012, 07:53 PM
-Offline Siri
-Improved lockscreen notifications
-Improve NC message organization / Delete individual messages , not clear all.
-Third party API access with Siri, third party access to NC / LS.
-Smoother App store

dustinsc
Nov 7, 2012, 07:59 PM
iOS 7 needs to open up APIs for third parties for custom notifications in notification center. Some people want Android-style widgets, but I don't think that's in keeping with iOS's design philosophy. By that I mean that things like controls or other utilities don't belong in notification center. Instead, an app could be allocated the same space that the stock and weather apps are given for the purpose of feeding information in a custom format. Clicking on the notification would take you to the app, just like Apple's widgets. I know that's super obvious, but I'm confused as to why that wasn't added in iOS 6.

Having said that, I think quick access to controls should be added to the app-switching interface. I should not have to leave my app entirely to turn off Bluetooth.

- rob -
Nov 7, 2012, 11:16 PM
Amen to that. Ridiculously overdue

I wonder if part of the reason multi-user login isn't available is because the goal is for each user to have his or her own iOS device. If it is easy for multiple people to use one iPad, there's no need for two or three iPads to be purchase.

SunnyStudioNeo
Nov 7, 2012, 11:32 PM
I'll vote for offline Siri and NFC

Virinprew
Nov 7, 2012, 11:49 PM
Toggle in noti center. And completely new UI design.

Ddyracer
Nov 8, 2012, 12:56 AM
Me too. I don't understand why she needs an internet connection for everything that can be done locally.

Apple wants our data ;)

east85
Nov 8, 2012, 07:08 AM
Beautiful active tiles like Microsoft has implemented.

Aesthetically I think Microsoft has done a good job, but I still wouldn't switch to their ecosystem.

Jaskov
Nov 8, 2012, 09:12 AM
An Apple built-in feature allowing a jailbreak and a complete co-operation between Apple and jailbreak developers.

Yeah, that's never going to happen.

AlphaHumanus
Nov 8, 2012, 09:36 AM
Personally, I think giving Sir Ive the reigns to the software division could prove to be a huge powerplay. He's done amazing things with the hardware, and I'm excited to see what he can do in this area as well.

Just because he's "not" a software engineer doesn't mean that he doesn't know what needs to be done. I mean, I see COUNTLESS posts about what would make the UI "better" and I doubt half of those posters know anything about software dev.

Doesn't take a Da Vinci or Van Gogh to hang a picture right side up.

cocky jeremy
Nov 8, 2012, 10:57 AM

You mean users that want a UI that looks like it was designed as part of a third grade class assignment.

Alag28
Nov 8, 2012, 11:02 AM
i really do hope they got better customization options

HMI
Nov 8, 2012, 11:21 AM
I've always wanted the option to turn off/silence camera shutter sounds (much like lock screen and keyboard clicks). I'm not sure why that hasn't been added yet.

----------

I want the new iBooks 3 to sync everything between all my devices, so that if I add a .pdf or download a book sample, those things will automatically sync to iBooks on my other devices as well. Otherwise, it is very time consuming to add and organize a lot of PDFs on every device individually.

AlphaVictor87
Nov 8, 2012, 12:49 PM

Pretty much right there with you. Next phone won't be till about Mid 2013 so i'll get the chance to see the iOS 7 announcement as well as the next android update as well.

Still not really interested in WP.

radiologyman
Nov 8, 2012, 02:29 PM
iPhone OS does pretty much everything I really want it to do. I think most people do not need drastic changes but would welcome improvements. Better ibook sync including iBook for windows/Mac OS, yes. iMessage for windows? Extensive customization option? Eh, not going to happen.

Colpeas
Nov 8, 2012, 03:36 PM
Well, first of all, they need to fix the UI nonsense and other bugs. ASAP - there's no reason to hold it till the release of iOS7. Why is the bottom bar in the telephone app different (<iOS5 style) from the bar in the App Store? Also the new silver keyboard is just hideous.. And since it's not possible to downgrade to 5.x anymore, the better do it fast.

Just an example...

http://i50.tinypic.com/qnso74.png http://i48.tinypic.com/a3m5ut.png

It looks like a very bad winterboard theme. I hope Jony Ive will do some major changes, UI-wise - polish it, fix the inconsistency, get rid of that hideous skeuomorphism stuff, and so on...

DaffyDuck
Nov 8, 2012, 09:33 PM
1. Voice only activation of Siri... "Hello Siri". Imagine saying "Hello Siri, flashlight" without having to push any buttons.
2. True streaming of purchased video content.
3. Merge purchased video content into the Videos app. Right now, you have to go between iTunes app and Videos app. This sucks. I paid a lot for this stuff.
4. For iPad, provide non graphical view in Music app. I don't always want to look at covers.
5. Fix problems with App store.
6. Instead of discrete screens of icons, I'd like a smooth scrolling vertical screen of icons (maybe, I'd need to try it out though).
7. Approve Google maps app.
8. Better control of photos in photos app. Sorting, keyword support, display filters, etc.
9. Aperture for iOS with support for RAW file editing.
10. Make certain UI animations faster.
11. LED for missed phone calls.

GMArthur
Nov 8, 2012, 09:59 PM
I guess my wishlist is pretty slim compared to most.

Toggles in app switcher - Double click the home button and swipe from left to right and give me 4 toggles. Wifi, Bluetooth, GPS, Brightness.

General bug fix - Go back to the "It just works" philosophy.

Ability to set other apps as default - Let me pick a navigation app or podcast app to use as default.

Keyboard redesign - Make the capital letters capitalized when shifted and the lowercase letters lowercase when not shifted or caps locked

MattInOz
Nov 8, 2012, 10:07 PM

How is design different between those two things?

Engineering yes big massive difference(s), but designers in technical design fields deal with so many different engineering disciplines not sure there would be a problem. He'd already be leading teams with so many different types of focused designers and engineers, with all the issues of information cross-pollination that brings. Maybe that is the real skill set Apple (Tim Cook) is hoping to bring to UX and design by getting bring him in.

maccompatible
Nov 8, 2012, 10:11 PM
All people say "The UI is stale" "the UI is boring" "I just can't stand a dull UI"

WHAAAAAAA!!!!!

Guess what. Cars still have 4 wheels and an engine. Why redesign what works perfectly?

I say iOS needs reorganization, so that it looks the same to the average consumer but things are located more intuitively, like settings and inter-app connections.

hkim1983
Nov 8, 2012, 10:41 PM
I would like:

-Multiple users
-Less steps to toggle settings (like toggling wifi on/off), i.e. more efficiency

That's all I really care about from an OS perspective.

iAco
Nov 8, 2012, 10:47 PM
The UI is everything. It's how you interact and digest content.

I suspect Apple will move toward a more digital interface. Away from skeuomorphism. That with a heavier touch of nature. By that I mean the UI feels alive and responds in a distinctive way on all gestures (think rubber-band scrolling). It will also allow them to reinvent UIs that are limited by the elements of the physical world. Lots of cool stuff to come.

flameproof
Nov 9, 2012, 12:30 AM
I would like:

-Less steps to toggle settings (like toggling wifi on/off), i.e. more efficiency

Same for:
• Switching data and 3G on/off EASILY

One more thing I like to see:
• to enter a ' ' (space) when saving phone numbers (some people outside the USA have phones too)
• can change mapping of the phones '+' sign (I use a cheap dial code)

And of course:
• Google Maps

And:
• upload images from the Camera Roll to Dropbox
• a file browser (Windows has it since 1995)
• able to get apps from other sources (WP7 can do that!)

KaigeG
Nov 10, 2012, 12:53 PM

His amazing designs with hardware (industrial design) is what made Tim feel he could do amazing things with software, he's not the one actually writing the software, he's just the one who sits with his cup of coffee and pen and paper.

cnguyen0320
Nov 10, 2012, 02:15 PM
His amazing designs with hardware (industrial design) is what made Tim feel he could do amazing things with software, he's not the one actually writing the software, he's just the one who sits with his cup of coffee and pen and paper.

Yeah this. He decides what it looks like, his team codes it.

mentaluproar
Nov 10, 2012, 02:28 PM
Custom widgets in notification center from the App Store!

Siderz
Nov 10, 2012, 02:30 PM
Custom widgets in notification center from the App Store!

That's exactly what I want!

Finally! I'm not alone! :D

Rogifan
Nov 10, 2012, 03:30 PM
Maybe with Steve and Scoot gone iOS will get a file browser but I wouldn't count on it. At least now when I use websites that shrink photos I can upload a photo from the camera roll. When I first ran across that I was like whoa! :eek:

I would love a setting in Safari that would turn off mobile sites. I really do prefer the desktop version of sites (even if sometimes not all the functionality is there). Mobile websites suck. I'd use an app over a mobile site any day.

Oh and yes, pull down the notification screen and have easy access to turn wifi and Bluetooth on/off and adjust screen brightness.

----------

Personally, I think giving Sir Ive the reigns to the software division could prove to be a huge powerplay. He's done amazing things with the hardware, and I'm excited to see what he can do in this area as well.

Just because he's "not" a software engineer doesn't mean that he doesn't know what needs to be done. I mean, I see COUNTLESS posts about what would make the UI "better" and I doubt half of those posters know anything about software dev.

Doesn't take a Da Vinci or Van Gogh to hang a picture right side up.
Exactly. I'm sure there are countless people here who have ideas and opinions on what iOS should look like/how it should function and they're not software engineers. There are some industrial designers like Yves Behar who think hardware and software should be designed together. And one of the designers behind Microsoft's Metro/Modern UI said Apple's use of skeumorphism is not something taught in design school. Of course neither Steve nor Scott Forstall have design degrees. Scott's has a engineering degree. Engineers don't always make the best designers.

GMArthur
Nov 10, 2012, 03:44 PM
Oops I forgot to add my biggest wish when I posted my short list.

Apple please buy BiteSMS and incorporate their app into iOS 7.

ajvizzgamer101
Nov 10, 2012, 06:42 PM

2. More customization for UI like themes, toolbar colors, status bar colors, button colors

3. More if you can think of any

That list is so exciting!

atthecross
Nov 10, 2012, 06:45 PM
Lol

Duckit
Nov 10, 2012, 07:47 PM
I want quick settings in the notification center and the removal of Skeuomorphism in the stock apps. Apps such as the calendar and notes application look really out of date. I want them to look more modern.

ajvizzgamer101
Nov 10, 2012, 08:13 PM
I saw the other thread but I decided to make this it's own. Feel free to reply your iOS 7 suggestion and I will add to the list in bold text. :) Enjoy!

Music
iTunes Radio

Photos/Video/Camera
Ability to stream Movies and TV Shows via iCloud
Ability to record the screen and view recorded content in Videos app
Advanced camera settings for camera app (effects, timers...ect)
Photo app syncs Albums/Events via iCloud (Photo Stream dedicated with sharing only)
Video taken with Camera app goes to Video app instead of Photo app.
Movies, TV Shows, User Content and Music Videos have their own sections in Videos app

Podcast
Easy Mark as Listen/Watched
Sync with iTunes on OS X via iCloud

Notes/Voice Memos
Ability to add photos to notes
Password-Protect certain notes
Voice Memos for iPad

Safari
Unified Search/Address
Easier, One handed navigation
1Password Integration

Siri
Offline Siri
Ask Siri to check where your friends iDevices are located (Find my Friends)
Ask Siri for language translations
Better conversions, calculations integration (non-Wolfram)

FaceTime
Group Chat (4 people)

Settings
Phone automatically switch to silent based on location settings
Devices detect when you're at home, or connected to your home Wi-Fi, and automatically turn off the passcode

Weather
Weather app for iPad

Stocks
Stocks app for iPad

Newsstand
Automatically hide when no Magazines are downloaded

Ability to reply to text messages, without having to leave the currently opened application
Ability to copy text within a text message, rather then having to copy the whole message

Maps/Location apps
Combine Maps & Compass
Find my iPhone renamed to Find my iDevice
Bus routes and walking routes in Maps application

Home Screen
Live Icons for Weather and Clock
Ability to split iPad's screen to truly multitask
Ability to add more apps to a folder (Scroll-able folders)

Lock Screen
Weather Widget
Setting Toggles (Flashlight, Wi-Fi, Bluetooth, Airplay Mode)

Mission Control (Multitask Bar):
http://youtu.be/dMi6Si4nN4k?t=10s
A "Kill All" button
Brightness slider for iPhone 5

Notification Bar
Add/Remove Widgets from Apps (ex. Flipboard quick-view or Facebook quick-view)

User Interface
Kill the fabric UI from Siri and Mission Control (Multitask Bar)
System-wide GUI based off of App Store (Black/Silver)
Mountain Lion Style Dock

ImKay
Nov 10, 2012, 08:38 PM
That's perfection, althought I can't imagine the iPads recording their screen very well :p

musio
Nov 10, 2012, 09:03 PM
Time stamps on every message

ideal.dreams
Nov 10, 2012, 09:44 PM
Siri already can tell you where friends are through Find my Friends.

HouD
Nov 10, 2012, 09:59 PM
Nope. Your suggestions make too much sense and are too useful. They'll never happen.

cnguyen0320
Nov 10, 2012, 10:47 PM
Siri
Offline Siri
Ask Siri to check where your iDevices are located (Find my iDevice)
Ask Siri to record Voice Memos

Make Siri actually understand me. And make her quicker, easier to understand. Siri will improve the most when she gets better at doing what she already does. New additions are just bonuses.

This is amazing. This would make iOS unique, yet as efficient as Android. The only thing is, is this patented? Apple may not want to tread on someone else's creation.

GrandPhrase
Nov 10, 2012, 10:53 PM
Wow nice list..

- Expand/Collapse Lists in Notification Center
- Stocks app for iPad
- Add a single On/Off switch without going to another menu to reach it for Bluetooth (just like Airplane Mode) - Also add it for WiFi and add an arrow next to it for advanced settings

XboxMySocks
Nov 10, 2012, 11:12 PM
Siri
Offline Siri

No.

XboxMySocks
Nov 10, 2012, 11:23 PM
Why?

Again why?

Siri already does this lol?

Group Chat

http://i.imgur.com/2Kjx9.jpg Excellent idea. Can't tell why this hasn't been implemented already.

That's a nightmare. There's a reason you can only activate it with a physical button - having it turn off via software and by hardware makes for a ****ing confusing situation. It's like having one light controlled by two lightswitches. Bad enough. Now make one of the lightswitches invisible.

Combine Maps & Compass
Agreed. Should combine calculator and stocks while they're at it.

This is a horribly b/anal thing. It's a name. Relax.

No thanks. I like my battery life.

mac00l
Nov 11, 2012, 12:23 AM
AIRDROP for iOS!!!!!!!

It's a nightmare sharing files with your devices. Shure you can use your iCloud or Dropbox account, but without internet you are dead on the water.

Something like bump, that works with a MBP as well.

JS82712
Nov 11, 2012, 12:29 AM
AIRDROP for iOS!!!!!!!

It's a nightmare sharing files with your devices. Shure you can use your iCloud or Dropbox account, but without internet you are dead on the water.

Something like bump, that works with a MBP as well.

and where exactly would you drop the file to? iOS doesn't have a file system

Muscle Master
Nov 11, 2012, 12:33 AM
I would like to add the ability to edit music while on an idevice

New UI is what I really want

XboxMySocks
Nov 11, 2012, 12:54 AM
I would like to add the ability to edit music while on an idevice

Yes, adobe audition should come standard on iOS :rolleyes:

irDigital0l
Nov 11, 2012, 12:54 AM
I want all of those but realistically...

we wont even get half of those until iOS 10.

Muscle Master
Nov 11, 2012, 01:21 AM
Yes, adobe audition should come standard on iOS :rolleyes:

ass:rolleyes:

I meant things like editing track names, track artist, etc

Vitrum
Nov 11, 2012, 01:29 AM
Remove Siri from ios

Elit3
Nov 11, 2012, 02:28 AM
I saw the other thread but I decided to make this it's own. Feel free to reply your iOS 7 suggestion and I will add to the list in bold text. :) Enjoy!

Photos/Video/Camera
Movies, TV Shows, User Content and Music Videos have their own sections in Videos app

Notes/Voice Memos
Voice Memos for iPad

Safari
Unified Search/Address

Siri
Offline Siri
Ask Siri to check where your iDevices are located (Find my iDevice)

FaceTime
Group Chat

Settings
Devices detect when you're at home, or connected to your home Wi-Fi, and automatically turn off the passcode

Weather
Weather app for iPad

Ability to reply to text messages, without having to leave the currently opened application
Ability to copy text within a text message, rather then having to copy the whole message

Maps/Location apps
Combine Maps & Compass

Home Screen

Lock Screen
Weather Widget
Setting Toggles

A "Kill All" button

Notification Bar

User Interface
System GUI based off of App Store (Black/Silver)

Photos/Video/Camera
Ability to stream Movies and TV Shows via iCloud = Google Play Movies.
Ability to record the screen and view recorded content in Videos app = 3rd party, root access apps, on android.
Advanced camera settings for camera app (effects, timers...ect) = android, touchwiz cameras
Video taken with Camera app goes to Video app instead of Photo app = motion pictures.
Movies, TV Shows, User Content and Music Videos have their own sections in Videos app = motion pictures.

Notes/Voice Memos
Ability to add photos to notes = touchwiz UX notepads.
Password-Protect certain notes = touchwiz UX notepads, you really want android don't you.
Voice Memos for iPad = Wait, iPad doesn't have it?

Safari
Unified Search/Address = Google, android.
Easier, One handed navigation = Google, android.

Siri
Offline Siri = would take up all your phones data.
Ask Siri to check where your iDevices are located (Find my iDevice) = That would be good.
Ask Siri to check where your friends iDevices are located (Find my Friends) = Also good.
Ask Siri for language translations = Google Now, google translate.
Ask Siri to record Voice Memos = Google Now, sends you a note in an email.

FaceTime
Group Chat = Google+ Hangout/Skype

Settings
Phone automatically switch to silent based on location settings = Very smart.
Devices detect when you're at home, or connected to your home Wi-Fi, and automatically turn off the passcode = hmmmmm, that's innovation.

Weather
Weather app for iPad = Nice, 3rd party app?

Ability to reply to text messages, without having to leave the currently opened application = smart.
Ability to copy text within a text message, rather then having to copy the whole message = Android.

Maps/Location apps
Combine Maps & Compass = why didn't they already do this.
Find my iPhone renamed to Find my iDevice = yep.
Bus routes and walking routes in Maps application = Google Maps, android.

Home Screen
Live Icons for Weather and Clock = Android, they are called "Widgets"
Ability to split iPad's screen to truly multitask = Galaxy Note's.
Ability to add more apps to a folder (Scroll-able folders) = interesting.

Lock Screen
Weather Widget = android, Widget Locker
Setting Toggles = android, widget locker

A "Kill All" button = Android Touchwiz UX and 3rd Party apps.
Setting Toggles (Flashlight, Wi-Fi, Bluetooth, Airplay Mode) = Touchwiz UX and 3rd party apps, in the notifications.
Brightness slider for iPhone 5 = android

Notification Bar
Add/Remove Widgets from Apps (ex. Flipboard quick-view or Facebook quick-view) = 3rd party apps.

User Interface
Kill the fabric UI from Siri and Mission Control (Multitask Bar) = Android, Holo theme
System GUI based off of App Store (Black/Silver) = Android is dark colors, with a bit of white.[COLOR="#808080"]

Really sounds to me like you are the sort of guy that would love Android. It is all personal preference, but it seems, like you would love it. And let's be realistic, you will never get half of those. Android lives up to 90% of those requests.

ajvizzgamer101
Nov 11, 2012, 08:16 AM
Siri already can tell you where friends are through Find my Friends.

Wow it does, didn't know that. Thanks. List fixed.

ajvizzgamer101
Nov 11, 2012, 08:28 AM
Why?

Again why?

Siri already does this lol?

Image (http://i.imgur.com/2Kjx9.jpg) Excellent idea. Can't tell why this hasn't been implemented already.

That's a nightmare. There's a reason you can only activate it with a physical button - having it turn off via software and by hardware makes for a ****ing confusing situation. It's like having one light controlled by two lightswitches. Bad enough. Now make one of the lightswitches invisible.

Agreed. Should combine calculator and stocks while they're at it.

This is a horribly b/anal thing. It's a name. Relax.

No thanks. I like my battery life.

lol, FaceTime would work well with 4 people. If Apple implemented it right we could have the Geo-fencing mute, too. Maybe if enabled it turns the mute switch into a rotation lock. Live icons wouldn't noticeably hinder the battery life.

XboxMySocks
Nov 11, 2012, 09:38 AM
If Apple implemented it right we could have the Geo-fencing mute, too.

But *why*? You realise there's a similar feature conveniently located on the outside of your phone right?!

Live icons wouldn't noticeably hinder the battery life.
Clearly you a) do not understand how badly push sucks battery life, and b) have never installed live icons on an iOS platform. It absolutely MURDERS battery life because it has to CONSTANTLY check to display an accurate reading whenever you might randomly elect to 'dashboard' as it were. If it only updates when you look at it (which could take quite some time depending on your coverage) it ruins the point entirely.

ass:rolleyes:

I meant things like editing track names, track artist, etc

Hahaha oh okay, fair! I agree actually :)

Vundu
Nov 11, 2012, 10:22 AM

Music
iTunes Radio

Photos/Video/Camera
Photo app syncs Albums/Events via iCloud (Photo Stream dedicated with sharing only)

Podcast

Notes/Voice Memos
Voice Memos for iPad

Safari
Unified Search/Address
1Password Integration

Siri
Offline Siri

FaceTime
Group Chat (4 people)

Settings

Weather
Weather app for iPad

Stocks
Stocks app for iPad

Newsstand

Maps/Location apps
Combine Maps & Compass

Home Screen

Lock Screen
Weather Widget

A "Kill All" button

Notification Bar

User Interface
Mountain Lion Style Dock

Think you nailed it right there. Lets hope Apple are listening.

Pulsedriver81
Nov 11, 2012, 01:12 PM
1. Enhanced lockscreeen functionality (Weather in lockscreen for example)
2. Open up for 3rd Party widgets in NC accompanied by an extension of app store with a section to buy 3rd party widgets. (To make it more apple like, they could limit the amount of widgets in NC to 3 or 4 so it doesn´t get cluttered)
3. NC settings (See above)
4. Make the static icons dynamic. It doesn´t have to be animated all over the place. Just use the icon to present more info from the app (like Calendar icon shows todays date)

paulbennett95
Nov 11, 2012, 01:45 PM
Remove newsstand and add the magazine functionality to iBooks.

Change volume slider to brightness slider on the multitasking bar.

Combine notes and voice memos

Add widget section to App Store so people can buy widgets for NC/LS (heavily moderated by apple so we don't end up like android)

Fix inconsistencies with UI design throughout all of apples apps.

Rodster
Nov 11, 2012, 01:50 PM
I don't ask for much. How about speed and OS stability? :p

mentaluproar
Nov 11, 2012, 02:48 PM
Things seem quick and stable to me.

ajvizzgamer101
Nov 11, 2012, 07:50 PM
Remove newsstand and add the magazine functionality to iBooks.

Change volume slider to brightness slider on the multitasking bar.

Combine notes and voice memos

Add widget section to App Store so people can buy widgets for NC/LS (heavily moderated by apple so we don't end up like android)

Fix inconsistencies with UI design throughout all of apples apps.

I prefer my quick view solution instead of widgets from App Store

jmxp69
Nov 11, 2012, 10:01 PM
- S/MIME Encryption/Signature toggle in Mail app.
- Consolidated radio toggle section at the top of settings (BT, WiFi, LTE, 3G)
- Ability to rearrange settings sections
- Unified search bar in Safari
- Synchronized icon placement/folders option in iCloud settings for multiple iOS devices
- Weather/RSS on lock screen
- Timer option for slide to unlock
- Multiple Do Not Disturb Profiles with location support (Weekends, Church)
- Auto brightness high and low boundary control

Tunderrat
Nov 12, 2012, 01:54 AM
Need a complete UI change like Sony Xperia phones.

McreativeH
Nov 12, 2012, 02:09 AM
Need a complete UI change like Sony Xperia phones.

Never going to happen... I hope

kockgunner
Nov 12, 2012, 02:13 AM
I don't know why people want Exposé on iOS. Sure it would be fun to look at but really waste system resources. The reason why it's useful on the desktop is because each app has multiple windows and you can see all the windows you want.

On mobile devices the screen is smaller and having a thumbnail of each app which itself only has one window/screen does not provide enough information to warrant the extra distraction. With iOS's current multitask bar each icon is recognizable and they are arranged near the home button so you can get in and get out.

With Android style multitasking and its thumbnails which aren't even live, it makes the tap targets so spread out that you have to reach all the way to the top of the screen even when the activation button is at the bottom of the phone. Also, the app thumbnails change depending on what content you were viewing which makes it less efficient to scan with your eyes and tap the right app.

Parise
Nov 12, 2012, 04:14 PM
If this has been mentioned, sorry.

But the ability to see EVERY DAMN MESSAGE DETAIL. I'm tired of the round about guessing when I received a certain sms or iMessage.

HMI
Nov 12, 2012, 04:27 PM
I would like the lock screen and all password screens to enter only "*" characters, rather than the real password character and a long lag before replacing it with a "*". What's the point of using a password if anyone sitting next to me can easily see every character entered?

mrblack927
Nov 12, 2012, 04:28 PM
- S/MIME Encryption/Signature toggle in Mail app.
- Consolidated radio toggle section at the top of settings (BT, WiFi, LTE, 3G)
- Ability to rearrange settings sections
- Unified search bar in Safari
- Synchronized icon placement/folders option in iCloud settings for multiple iOS devices
- Weather/RSS on lock screen
- Timer option for slide to unlock
- Multiple Do Not Disturb Profiles with location support (Weekends, Church)
- Auto brightness high and low boundary control

Wow, that is an awesome wish list. Reasonable, realistic, and I would use every one of those feature. Bravo.

Parise
Nov 12, 2012, 04:31 PM
Also implement the Android "do not disturb" feature where it turns on when the phone is placed face down.

jmxp69
Nov 12, 2012, 05:54 PM
Wow, that is an awesome wish list. Reasonable, realistic, and I would use every one of those feature. Bravo.

Yeah, I think these changes are in the spirit of Apple evolutionary M.O.

Rogifan
Nov 12, 2012, 06:51 PM
How about a select all option in the mail app so when you have a bunch of emails you want to delete you don't have to tap on each one to select them?

Duelight
Nov 12, 2012, 07:53 PM
Edited

I want to download a section of maps to use turn by turn offline.

HMI
Nov 12, 2012, 08:02 PM
Here is a useful feature:

Siri, turn on flashlight.

800stripes
Nov 17, 2012, 11:01 PM

Okay, the iPhone 3GS has a large chance of not being supported... but the iPhone 4 will have until iOS 8 and the iPhone 4S should have until iOS 9. I mean, the 3GS has had updates all the way to iOS 6... it started at iOS 3 and that means three major updates. If this pattern repeats, then the iPhone 4 should have until iOS 8... iOS 7 being it's final update. I would also suppose the 4S will have until iOS 9, iOS 8 being it's final update. Apple tends to consist of patters, and this is just one of many.

----------

I think that you should be able to answer any message in any app! This includes the lockscreen. It would also really help apple stop minor apps for messaging on the App Store - they won't be able to do it and it will almost form a sort of "monopoly" on the texting apps.

HMI
Nov 18, 2012, 05:11 AM
Here is a useful feature:

Siri, turn on flashlight.

Siri, increase screen brightness to 60%

pommie82
Nov 18, 2012, 05:17 AM
Too be able to block Calls or SMS
iam shocked they have bothered to put that feature in it would be hard to put in either some phone have the built in already just click it and then it blocks it handy for code callers.

Cod3rror
Nov 18, 2012, 05:30 AM
iOS 7

- Live icons - No need for a shape change, just icons that change their look on an event.

- Third party widgets in the Notification Center - Widgets that devs can include with their apps, as an extra.

- Data usage monitor

- Full Bluetooth support, sending files, contacts, syncing, connecting to external GPS, etc...

- Wi-Fi Direct support/Airdrop

- Integrate Spotlight search into notification center - put it on top(above stocks)

- Multitasking gestures - Zephyr - Flick up for the Springboard, Swipe up and hold for the Switcher

- SBSettings(Quick switches) in Notification Center - Wifi, bluetooth, airplane, cellular data, 3G, brightness

- Camera - the app needs Timer, time/date/location imprinting, stabilization shot, 720p @ 60FPS recording option, White balance, Exposure, Light sensitivity(ISO), Contrast, Sharpness, all of these should be added.

- Increase folder size

- Birthday's in Calendar - show how old is person is turning into

- Maps - Drop more than one pin on the map, route between them

- Delete photos from Photo Library, view file information in photos - Date, EXIF data.

- iMessage - Needs an ability to share location(Map) like with WhatsApp, right from the iMessage. Current you can only send photos from iMessage, but Maps and Contacts shortcuts should be added too. Also it would be great if the image EXIF data was preserved when sent so the receiver could "open" that image in Maps and navigate... quickly snap a picture of a location, send it, the receiver gets the image, taps "Open in Maps" and finds the route to you.

- Prevent shut down when the phone is locked

- Delivery notification for normal SMS messages

- Snooze time configuration option for alarm, (amount of snoozes, time in between)

- Calendar events in Notification Center/Lockscreen - Configure the look at head from 24 to say 72 hours

- Calendar event badges on calendar(with an ability to adjust how far in advance you can see your events, 24hours, 7 days, 14 days, etc..)

- More pull down to refresh throughout the system

- Pictures in the Notes.app, especially needed for syncing with the Mac Notes.

- Safari - Unified Omnibar, Private switch IN Safari(not in the Settings), Tap and hold the tabs button to show history of closed tabs.

- Smart Playlist creation on the iPhone

iTunes

Drag and drop(manually manage) pictures, ringtones(you can drag and drop a ringtone now but only one) without the need to sync.
Pick Audio output card

Nathan20
Nov 18, 2012, 05:39 AM
Just submitted this thread to iPhone feedback, so hopefully if apple read this they can decide which features to implement. Some really good ideas here.

if you want to submit requests (or this thread as well) go to: http://www.apple.com/feedback/iphone.html

:D:D

Risco
Nov 18, 2012, 05:52 AM
I think there can be a lot of hope for iOS 7 now that Forstall is gone and Jonny has taken over. While it is a more than capable and extremely stable, it needs a new injection. I really hope all the skeuomorphism is wiped out totally, I particularly hate the game centre. I also hope they come up with more interactive icons and less of them on the screen.

emir
Nov 18, 2012, 06:48 AM
I think it should also bring the ability to remove notifications by pressing the x from the lock screen.

bushido
Nov 18, 2012, 07:45 AM
b) have never installed live icons on an iOS platform. It absolutely MURDERS battery life because it has to CONSTANTLY check to display an accurate reading whenever you might randomly elect to 'dashboard' as it were. If it only updates when you look at it (which could take quite some time depending on your coverage) it ruins the point entirely.

Not at all, ive had live weather icon ever since the first jb came out and it does nothing to the battery. simply set it to only refresh every other hour or so

i take great new features over an hour of batterylife any day, its not like u dont have to recharge it every night anyway

Music
iTunes Radio

Photos/Video/Camera

Podcast

Notes/Voice Memos
Voice Memos for iPad

Safari
Unified Search/Address
1Password Integration

Siri
Offline Siri

FaceTime
Group Chat (4 people)

Settings

Weather
Weather app for iPad

Stocks
Stocks app for iPad

Newsstand

Maps/Location apps
Combine Maps & Compass

Home Screen

Lock Screen
Weather Widget

A "Kill All" button

Notification Bar

User Interface
Mountain Lion Style Dock

THIS THIS THIS i could finally stop jailbreaking. i still cannot believe apple wants to tell me how many apps i can put in one folder

Abazigal
Nov 18, 2012, 07:58 AM
Does killing background apps really matter? I tried that for a time, but noticed no improvement to battery life. :confused:

I would like to see siri finally being brought to ipad2 and iphone4. There really is no reason to deny these platforms this feature, and I feel the extra feedback might help improve it further.

v0n
Nov 18, 2012, 08:49 AM
The only thing I really, really want, for the past three iOS releases is quick toggle in notification bar. Ability to quickly switch wifi, bluetooth, silent mode and data on and off just by swiping notification bar down and tuning options on.
Like android can and like sbssettings on jailbroken iOS does.

Cod3rror
Nov 18, 2012, 10:02 AM
How about a percentage in the Calculator.app?

Sedrick
Nov 18, 2012, 10:05 AM
All people say "The UI is stale" "the UI is boring" "I just can't stand a dull UI"

WHAAAAAAA!!!!!

Guess what. Cars still have 4 wheels and an engine. Why redesign what works perfectly?

Do you know how ridiculous you sound? Right, so we're all still driving around Model T's.

Mr.damien
Nov 18, 2012, 10:12 AM
Do you know how ridiculous you sound? Right, so we're all still driving around Model T's.
No he is right. And the funnier part will be when Apple will change anything big on the UI and people will complain they have to relearn stuff and that they are lost.

Anyway, I wish they removed the notification panel totally. I hate having it popup from the top of the screen especially with full screen apps.

They should put everything in the useless and empty spotlight screen.

If not, I want to be able to disable totally the notification panel, it just sucks like Android.

zbarvian
Nov 18, 2012, 10:32 AM
-A more gesture driven interface, like swipe down for notifications (as it is), and swipe up for multitasking
-A more mission-control style view for multitasking (I hate the current implementation)
-Quick access to Bluetooth, Brightness toggles
-Toning down (but not removing completely) skeumorphism
-Siri and Maps improvements
-Keyboard enhancements, multiple word suggestion, Swype
-Customization hub where designers and others can submit themes for icons, keyboards, etc. All Apple approved, similar to App Store.
-More utility on home and lock screen
-Less UI in Music and Safari
-Better Notification Center (think Android 4.2)
-More focus on mobile gaming

And I'd be one happy camper.

bushido
Nov 18, 2012, 10:36 AM
No he is right. And the funnier part will be when Apple will change anything big on the UI and people will complain they have to relearn stuff and that they are lost.

Anyway, I wish they removed the notification panel totally. I hate having it popup from the top of the screen especially with full screen apps.

They should put everything in the useless and empty spotlight screen.

If not, I want to be able to disable totally the notification panel, it just sucks like Android.

dafug, its the best thing apple ever borrowed from the jb community

those notification bubbles were the worst. why not just disable them if they bother u so much

XboxMySocks
Nov 18, 2012, 10:45 AM
Not at all, ive had live weather icon ever since the first jb came out and it does nothing to the battery. simply set it to only refresh every other hour or so

Therein lies my point. If it only updates every hour, you have to launch the app to get an accurate temperature anyway?! LOL

Mr.damien
dafug, its the best thing apple ever borrowed from the jb community

those notification bubbles were the worst. why not just disable them if they bother u so much

I disabled everything but the notification panel will never disappear and always show up when you swipe from the top.

And seriously, I don't understand why people love technologies that disturb you all the time. I wish there is a slick and clean dashboard on demand and not popping everywhere and changing the OS behavior.

Ariii
• A viewable, built-in filesystem
• A Terminal
• UI Customizability
• Support for dual-booting
• Window Manager
• Support for X11 apps
• GTK+
• Aqua UI

nuckinfutz
Nov 18, 2012, 10:47 AM
Simultaneous Airplay with sync - Sonos killer.

Long Tap/Tripe popovers for app management - "Move to x folder"

Ability to lock landing pages and better app organization - detents.

Siri Local - No WAN/Cellular connection needed for launching apps, settings

Reading List everywhere - ability to strip ads and read the block of text anywhere.

Multitasking gesture on iPhone.

Apple Support app - Genius Bar appointments, purchase history linked to Apple ID, Support help view Expressway

Altimeter support in the compass app.

iTunes Match Basic - 4000 songs for free backed into iCloud.

bushido
Nov 18, 2012, 10:47 AM
Therein lies my point. If it only updates every hour, you have to launch the app to get an accurate temperature anyway?! LOL

how much does weather change in one hour? i dont care about 1-5 degrees. plus i have eyes to see the current weather outside

yahoo weather isnt accurate in the first place anyway

the silly and constant "28" just annoys me, if the days on the calendar can change, why not the weather or the clock

TacticalDesire
Nov 18, 2012, 07:12 PM
- Ability to display your music library from the multitasking bar by holding down on the play button.

How would that be any easier than just tapping the music icon?

Simplicated
Nov 21, 2012, 06:29 AM
A refreshed interface (that's not as radical as Metro)
Application exceptions for Do Not Disturb
Per-Weekday scheduling for Do Not Disturb
Option to disable notifications and banners in Do Not Disturb while the phone is unlocked and in use
Option to mute notification sounds while in call
Quick toggles
Improvements to Siri, especially in speed, functionality and accuracy
Some tone management features
Bring music deletion back to Music app
A less confusing Multitasking bar that doesn't combine recently used apps, running apps, volume and playback controls
Automatic app updates while phone is charged and plugged in
Some file management features would be nice

ChristianJapan
Nov 21, 2012, 08:18 AM
Beside all the technical functional I think Apple should start naming iOS versions with name (like kitty cats for OS X).

Maybe after native americans; starting with "Wampanoag"

That could increase the identification with a certain release much better as a simple number like 1.6.21 or whatever version ...

Macman45
Nov 21, 2012, 09:44 AM
Beside all the technical functional I think Apple should start naming iOS versions with name (like kitty cats for OS X).

Maybe after native americans; starting with "Wampanoag"

That could increase the identification with a certain release much better as a simple number like 1.6.21 or whatever version ...

Or maybe after States? OSX 1.6.21 Massachusetts perhaps?...:D

riptide747
Nov 21, 2012, 10:52 AM
1. THEMING!! If apple is going to keep taking features from jailbreaking ideas why not being able to customize everything? It would boost apple over the top of all competitors
2. CLEAR ALL MULTITASKING!!!! It's a pain to have to press every single icon to clear the MT bar especially if it hasn't been cleared in awhile. Again, also available in jailbreak.
3. Universal orientation. I'm tired of having to flip my iPod different ways for different apps. Make every app have the same orientation to open with.
4. Quick reply. I feel like I'm going to break my home button by how many times I have to double click it to answer a text. Make it so you can press the notification and answer right then and there. AGAIN A JAILBREAK.

party
Nov 21, 2012, 10:57 AM
They brought iOS to Mac in Lion and ML.

Now bring the Mac to iOS.

Multitasking evolved into a simple Mission Control? the little red minus signs is too simple work

Multi-touch gestures! All the swipes and stuff!

In fact the default apps should be updated. Clock, Voice Memos (terrible app name anyways), Calculator etc.

I expect a real change in iOS with the new team. It's too far behind Android now it really needs to catchup.

PS: some pretty wild ideas:
1. facebook messenger integration messages app
2. messages.app more whatsapp like (ability to send more things other than just pics/vids, timestamp for every message etc.)
3. more functionality into camera.app, including effects, filters and stuff (i wish apple would just buy Camera+ lol)
4. dashboard (like how it is on the mac, swipe 3 or 4 fingers and show simple widgets e.g. the time, the date, the temperature and the relative humidity etc.)
5. spotlight at the top of springboard (just like how it is in Launchpad ML)
6. quick reply in messages (just pleeeease)
7. uniform ribbons and toolbars
8. and remove all those stuff not needed in iOS 6 to keep it simple (color-changing status bar at the top of my list!)

stridemat
Nov 21, 2012, 11:13 AM
Or maybe after States? OSX 1.6.21 Massachusetts perhaps?...:D

I would be thankful if they didn't do that!

APlotdevice
Nov 21, 2012, 11:37 AM
How would that be any easier than just tapping the music icon?

It would eliminate the need to switch back and forth between apps. Just select your track and dismiss the multitasking bar and you'll instantly be back to whatever you were doing before.

jrodsep
Nov 23, 2012, 06:44 AM
How about since Google bought Sparrow, Apple buys Swift Key to make a better keyboard?

Siderz
Nov 23, 2012, 10:52 AM
Ability to set default browsers (I hate copying & pasting stuff just so I can open it in Chrome!)

Ability to pull up the dock (The only time it shows is on the home screen; it's only useful for scrolling between homescreen pages)

Ability to download other widgets for the Notifications Centre/let apps place a widget there (I'm sure a lot of people have said this before)

Ability to delete pre-installed apps (Everyone's wanted this since day 1)

Ability to instantly delete or send to the trash (Sometimes I wonder whether or not something is worth deleting)

Sync playlists between devices over iCloud (I thought this already existed, it's a complete no-brainer, then I find my iPad doesn't have my playlists!)

I had a bright idea last night, but now I've forgotten it...I'm pretty sure it was regarding iOS.

RoboCop001
Nov 23, 2012, 12:14 PM
Ability to set default browsers (I hate copying & pasting stuff just so I can open it in Chrome!)

Ability to pull up the dock (The only time it shows is on the home screen; it's only useful for scrolling between homescreen pages)

Ability to download other widgets for the Notifications Centre/let apps place a widget there (I'm sure a lot of people have said this before)

Ability to instantly delete or send to the trash (Sometimes I wonder whether or not something is worth deleting)

Sync playlists between devices over iCloud (I thought this already existed, it's a complete no-brainer, then I find my iPad doesn't have my playlists!)

I had a bright idea last night, but now I've forgotten it...I'm pretty sure it was regarding iOS.

Playlists sync if you have iTunes Match. Though it would be cool if you can still sync your playlists without it.

Hmm... I think for the most part it wouldn't need a Trash. You can always redownload your app. What I want is some way to keep the app data if desired. That would be great for games.

ajvizzgamer101
Nov 24, 2012, 08:23 AM

None of this is going to happen. For widgets, the best thing they will probably do is allow accompanying widgets. Like if you download Flipboard app you get the widget to go with it and it can be toggled on/off in settings. And Syncing playlist is down through iTunes Match.

lexvo
Nov 26, 2012, 05:48 AM
Folders in the Notes app, like it already is on Mountain Lion.

ajvizzgamer101
Nov 26, 2012, 07:53 AM
Folders in the Notes app, like it already is on Mountain Lion.

There are folders?

Edit: WHAT! There are folders! Interesting.

kirky29
Nov 26, 2012, 08:10 AM
There are folders?

Edit: WHAT! There are folders! Interesting.

You can even put photos in the notes app on OS X ;-)

It doesn't sync over to iOS though... but, if you format the font size etc in OS X, it'll sync over to iOS. :)

ajvizzgamer101
Nov 26, 2012, 08:24 AM
You can even put photos in the notes app on OS X ;-)

It doesn't sync over to iOS though... but, if you format the font size etc in OS X, it'll sync over to iOS. :)

I knew that, though.

VanityBonet
Nov 26, 2012, 08:31 AM
wow now i see why apple impliment weak upgrades but anyways my wants would be
a i blacklist type of feature on the iPhone (and please don't talk to me bout that ridiculous do not disturb crap )
a bitesms type of sms service
these things should have been implemented
and people the UI will never change
I am sorta almost going to the nexus 4 since its not that expensive unlocked and not use my upgrade(i am on the iphone4 now) when the 5s drops....but god i paid so much into these apps on

apb89
Nov 30, 2012, 02:27 PM
This topic is a compilation of things I think should be changed/removed/edited/added/etc. in iOS 7

-With the implementation of LTE, remove all Wifi related restrictions (gamecenter/app downloads/photostream upload/etc.)

-Swipe away notifications/a better solution to the 'clear all' functionality currently in place
-Allow single notifications (within a grouping, i.e. mail) to be swiped away

-Remove the notification bar at the top from infringing on the 'main' section of the screen like it currently does
-I do not like how it covers up back buttons/etc.

-Redo entire notification bar at top
-remove carrier name (at least make it toggle-able)
-Add notification icons to bar

-Fix the multitasking areas; improve music controller
-Allow toggle for slider between sound and brightness

-Fix lock screen; currently quick camera access goes away in certain situations
-Fix sliding on lockscreen; if you want to access the current mail/sms/etc notification you can slide on them directly. Sliding main slider will always take you to homescreen.

I will add more as I think of them.

r2shyyou
Nov 30, 2012, 02:30 PM
This topic is a compilation of things I think should be changed/removed/edited/added/etc. in iOS 7

-With the implementation of LTE, remove all Wifi related restrictions (gamecenter/app downloads/photostream upload/etc.)

-Swipe away notifications/a better solution to the 'clear all' functionality currently in place
-Allow single notifications (within a grouping, i.e. mail) to be swiped away

-Remove the notification bar at the top from infringing on the 'main' section of the screen like it currently does
-I do not like how it covers up back buttons/etc.

-Redo entire notification bar at top
-remove carrier name (at least make it toggle-able)
-Add notification icons to bar

-Fix the multitasking areas; improve music switcher. Allow toggle for slider between sound and brightness

-Fix lock screen; currently quick camera access goes away in certain situations

I will add more as I think of them.

There are a million of these threads already. I'll try to provide links before this one is merged or closed...

iOS 7 Hopes and Wishes (merged) (http://forums.macrumors.com/showthread.php?t=1485108)
iOS 7 needs this (http://forums.macrumors.com/showthread.php?t=1495116)

TouchMint.com
Nov 30, 2012, 05:39 PM
I am really hoping they redo or atleast revert to a working version of the App Store. The new one is horrible for developers and customers.

Lerxt
Nov 30, 2012, 08:02 PM
Hope: revert to Google Maps.
Wish: fix up the crap wifi

jrodsep
Nov 30, 2012, 08:10 PM
Hope: revert to Google Maps.
Wish: fix up the crap wifi

Fixing up Wifi should be number one priority for 6.1. It shouldn't be left like this for almost a year.

Saladinos
Nov 30, 2012, 09:09 PM
Think of a better undo gesture!

Shake-to-undo is a total joke as it is.

Shadyriley
Nov 30, 2012, 11:34 PM
You know how you swipe to the left to get to the search box and there is that empty space in between that and the keyboard? That can be used for swipe gestures like f for Facebook, or s for safari, or circle for ______, plus sign for ____, ect.

http://i666.photobucket.com/albums/vv27/shadyriley/89DE5DB4-3AAF-4245-8AA6-AFB595345638-2424-0000023E068A05CA.jpg

dazed
Dec 1, 2012, 01:18 PM
How about the weather icon showing the correct temp?

Can't believe it still doesnt do that.

Live tiles would spice up the ui a bit. I don't think it needs a redesign for the sake of it. I've played with android and feel lucky to have the simple ios interface.

labars
Dec 1, 2012, 02:25 PM
Seems like many users just want a "UI refresh" for the sake of it being new, rather than it being more useful. I really don't care as long as they keep upgrading the usability, and closing the gap between iOS and Android.

roland.g
Dec 2, 2012, 01:24 AM
iOS seriously needs Up Next, even more so than iTunes 11. The implementation is great in iTunes, but today I found myself going through my library in the car and playing songs and looking for the next song I wanted to hear. Without wanting to make a playlist, start it, and edit it, I was playing a song, and then starting the next song right when the current one would end. The Up Next feature would allow me to do this much easier w/o saving a playlist for later, DJing on the fly but able to cue up many songs at once.

Cod3rror
Dec 2, 2012, 03:25 AM
iOS seriously needs Up Next, even more so than iTunes 11. The implementation is great in iTunes, but today I found myself going through my library in the car and playing songs and looking for the next song I wanted to hear. Without wanting to make a playlist, start it, and edit it, I was playing a song, and then starting the next song right when the current one would end. The Up Next feature would allow me to do this much easier w/o saving a playlist for later, DJing on the fly but able to cue up many songs at once.

Yea, I agree, they should add that and in general the Music app needs more features and improvements.

Till then though, I'd recommend you use this...

https://itunes.apple.com/us/app/music+-music-player-queue/id462782680?mt=8

Abazigal
Dec 2, 2012, 07:42 AM
I would like the ability to access more airplay options from the multitasking bar.

Today, I was using airvideo on my ipad to stream a movie saved on my imac to my apple tv. I then minimised airvideo and went on to play a game (shadow era) while watching the movie.

However, I found that when I subsequently wanted to adjust some settings (say fast-forward to another part of the show), I had to halt my game and switch over to airvideo. Being able to do this from the multitasking bar would be a nice convenience.

Or if there is an easier workaround, I am all ears. :)

King Shady
Dec 2, 2012, 08:42 AM
Seems like many users just want a "UI refresh" for the sake of it being new, rather than it being more useful. I really don't care as long as they keep upgrading the usability, and closing the gap between iOS and Android.

If you take Android 4.2 and just look at it from a software perspective - it blows iOS out of the water. The interface is much more intuitive and insanely rewarding for power users. This being said, Apple still offers a better ecosystem and app selection, so I will remain on my iPhone 😃

bgr90
Dec 4, 2012, 11:24 PM
It would be great to see Instagram integrated into iOS

Watabou
Dec 5, 2012, 12:58 AM
It would be great to see Instagram integrated into iOS

There really isn't enough vomit in the world.

Anyways, I really like what this guy came up for the lockscreen: http://www.theverge.com/2012/12/3/3718412/rethinking-the-lockscreen

It looks pretty great, I really like the cards idea. Apple needs to use the lockscreen more.

cmChimera
Dec 5, 2012, 07:12 AM
There really isn't enough vomit in the world.

Anyways, I really like what this guy came up for the lockscreen: http://www.theverge.com/2012/12/3/3718412/rethinking-the-lockscreen

It looks pretty great, I really like the cards idea. Apple needs to use the lockscreen more.

I saw that, loved it too. The lockscreen is something I've gotten pretty tired of. I just think it looks antiquated after seeing other phones.

Rogifan
Dec 5, 2012, 07:54 AM
If you take Android 4.2 and just look at it from a software perspective - it blows iOS out of the water. The interface is much more intuitive and insanely rewarding for power users. This being said, Apple still offers a better ecosystem and app selection, so I will remain on my iPhone 😃

Power users are probably a small segment of the smartphone population. How would you define a "power user" anyway? It's like when Windows fans say the Surface allows them to do "real work". Ok, how does one define "real work"? And how easily can you do "real work" on a 10" 16:9 screen anyway?

----------

I saw that, loved it too. The lockscreen is something I've gotten pretty tired of. I just think it looks antiquated after seeing other phones.

I'd love to know why Apple left the lock screen as is for all these years. That's why I'm glad Forstall is leaving...iOS needs new blood.

zbarvian
Dec 5, 2012, 08:02 AM
I don't see how having advanced features could be classified as a bad thing. Believe it or not, a large-and-growing segment of the population are quite tech-oriented. Not necessarily "power users," just knowledgeable, techy people.

I want some retooling of the core iOS functions. More gesture-based, having a Mission Control style multitasking view, integrating Dashboard to the homescreen (widgets), adding stability and more options for Siri, and a fresh coat of paint. Auto-correct is also getting annoying for some reason, and I think the keyboard could use a revamp.

TacticalDesire
Dec 5, 2012, 08:38 AM
Fix the app/iTunes store
Toggles in notification center
Set default apps.
Stop limiting the number of apps that can be put into folders.
It's ridiculous that we don't have these basic things.

raptorstv
Dec 5, 2012, 09:19 PM
Improvement on photo foldering system

irDigital0l
Dec 5, 2012, 09:24 PM
Apple should start by redesigning all their default apps

Fantastical is what the Calendar app should be...

so many other horrid designs (Game Center, Clock, Contacts, Notes, Reminders, etc.)

zbarvian
Dec 5, 2012, 10:24 PM

so many other horrid designs (Game Center, Clock, Contacts, Notes, Reminders, etc.)

Yes, yes, yes. The UI could be retooled in many stock apps. Chrome is a better mobile browser UI, Fantastical is a better calendar UI, stuff like that.

jjk454ss
Dec 5, 2012, 10:32 PM
The biggest thing on my wish list is an integrated password manager. I use and like 1Password, but its way o cumbersome not being better integrated into the OS, especially Safari.

ilove iOS
Dec 6, 2012, 12:58 PM
A multi page OS so that you can use two apps at the same time in a split screen. Oh and less Bugs :)

----------

A multi page OS so that you can use two apps at the same time in a split screen. Oh and less bugs would be nice. :)

----------

I think that the new clocks app looks great. Can't argue that notes and game center needs an update.

Parise
Dec 6, 2012, 01:26 PM
Swype-like keyboard.

jrodsep
Dec 6, 2012, 02:07 PM
Swype-like keyboard.

I would be all for Apple buying Swiftkey and all their goodies.

irDigital0l
Dec 6, 2012, 05:12 PM
I think that the new clocks app looks great.

Yea for the iPad.

I am dumbfounded on why Apple wouldn't also update it for the iPhone.

jrodsep
Dec 6, 2012, 08:28 PM
I want rotation lock control for individual apps.

duneriderltr450
Dec 8, 2012, 03:16 AM
Not sure if someone has mentioned it already but I would like the do not disturb setting to have more features like turn off email notifications, ect. that are not really important when you are sleeping. I mostly sleep right through it but sometimes the email notification does wake me up.

skaertus
Dec 8, 2012, 11:14 PM
There should be more advanced features, especially for iPad users. Here is my wish list:

1. Multi-tasking (REAL multi-tasking)
2. Run apps side-by-side
3. Some sort of file system, with the possibility to copy/move/erase files
4. Mouse/trackpad support
5. Possibility of installing plug-ins in apps

It would be great to see iOS with the features of a real operating system. It works well for the iPhone as it is, but the potential of the iPad should be unleashed.

53kyle
Dec 8, 2012, 11:22 PM
Not sure if someone has mentioned it already but I would like the do not disturb setting to have more features like turn off email notifications, ect. that are not really important when you are sleeping. I mostly sleep right through it but sometimes the email notification does wake me up.

You can just mute your sound, can't you?

----------

1. Kill all apps or option to disable multitasking

2. Google+, Tumblr, Flickr, and Instagram integration

danilibra2010
Dec 8, 2012, 11:29 PM
i would like to see quick reply on ios 7

Bishwasher
Dec 8, 2012, 11:51 PM

Why don't you just turn your Internet off?

kirky29
Dec 9, 2012, 02:05 AM
Another little thing I'd like to see asap, is on the iPhone in mail, if you swipe to the right across (>>>), it shows your email folders and accounts. Like you can with Facebook for the sidebar.

I hate using mail on the iPhone simply cause it seems tedious having to press a button then select something different.

I enjoy swiping ;-)

roxxette
Dec 9, 2012, 02:12 AM
Another little thing I'd like to see asap, is on the iPhone in mail, if you swipe to the right across (>>>), it shows your email folders and accounts. Like you can with Facebook for the sidebar.

I hate using mail on the iPhone simply cause it seems tedious having to press a button then select something different.

I enjoy swiping ;-)

Yeah the way sparrow and gmail app handle that is pretty good, it just feels right.

RylanH16
Dec 9, 2012, 04:14 PM

Never really thought about it before but you have a good point that'd be awesome

----------

Also I'd like to see Photo Booth for iPhone. I'm usually a person who likes to be entertained all the time, so I don't see why Apple can't have a default Photo Booth app for iPod and iPhone. IMO:apple:

kirky29
Dec 10, 2012, 03:37 AM
Never really thought about it before but you have a good point that'd be awesome

----------

Also I'd like to see Photo Booth for iPhone. I'm usually a person who likes to be entertained all the time, so I don't see why Apple can't have a default Photo Booth app for iPod and iPhone. IMO:apple:

Yeah, I don't understand why Apple doesn't put some stock apps in the App Store.....certainly Photo Booth....that'd be a perfect download from the store, right?

Beeplance
Dec 10, 2012, 03:58 AM

Yeah, I don't understand why Apple doesn't put some stock apps in the App Store.....certainly Photo Booth....that'd be a perfect download from the store, right?

LOL yea I agree. Also add in the ability to remove some of the stock apps at the same time. I've always been very eager to get rid of useless (to me) apps like Newsstand and Game Center.

CTHarrryH
Dec 10, 2012, 09:28 AM
I'd like to see the ability to reduce the sensitivity to orientation change. It seems as if every time I pickup my iPad it goes through gyrations going upside down and then portrait and then upside down etc. I know if you are doing some gaming you need that degree of sensitivity but for "normal" use it doesn't need to be anywhere near that sensitive. I do need to switch to portrait so I don't want to lock the orientation but I would love it not to switch so easily.

personally, I don't want access to file system and folders - I want a utility that runs applications.

raptorstv
Dec 10, 2012, 01:04 PM
Why dont apple add a bunch of widgets on the "search iPhone" homescreen page? Wouldnt it be sweet?

roxxette
Dec 10, 2012, 02:47 PM
Why dont apple add a bunch of widgets on the "search iPhone" homescreen page? Wouldnt it be sweet?

The way iOS works it will need a big overhoul to implement widgets in the way will like to have.

RylanH16
Dec 10, 2012, 03:57 PM

Yeah totally and they also need to improve iMovie. I've never used the iPad version, but the iPhone version sucks. I usually end up using the lite version of Splice.