PDA

View Full Version : Galaxy Note 2 gets multi-Window update!

Timzer
Nov 7, 2012, 02:20 PM
Well it's what everyone was waiting for, the update for multi-Window functionality. I believe it's rumored the GS3 will be seeing this update as well.

m.engadget.com/2012/11/07/sprint-samsung-galaxy-note-2-multi-window/?icid=eng_latest_art

Jessica Lares
Nov 7, 2012, 03:04 PM
I don't understand why you'd even need it. :rolleyes: Tablets, would work great with it, yeah, but a phone? No way.

smellysox8
Nov 7, 2012, 03:13 PM
I don't understand why you'd even need it. :rolleyes: Tablets, would work great with it, yeah, but a phone? No way.

Have you tried it? No, you haven't.

F123D
Nov 7, 2012, 03:16 PM

Since you don't understand, this obviously isn't for you. No way.

----------

Have you tried it? No, you haven't.

To be fair, they're probably picturing it on their 3.5" screen. :apple:

Jessica Lares
Nov 7, 2012, 03:52 PM
Since you don't understand, this obviously isn't for you. No way.

----------

To be fair, they're probably picturing it on their 3.5" screen. :apple:

I have a 4.5 screen considering I have a Samsung Galaxy S2. :o I l also have a 7" tablet that isn't the iPad Mini and I can't even see myself using multi-applications on that.

F123D
Nov 7, 2012, 04:03 PM
I have a 4.5 screen considering I have a Samsung Galaxy S2. :o I l also have a 7" tablet that isn't the iPad Mini and I can't even see myself using multi-applications on that.

I retract my previous statement. This feature just isn't for you. :p

Jessica Lares
Nov 7, 2012, 04:17 PM
I retract my previous statement. This feature just isn't for you. :p

OK! I could totally see myself using this for like a calculator and a note taking app, but since this is apparently not for stuff that's in the Play Store, then no. :p

There, I said it.

viskon
Nov 7, 2012, 04:26 PM
I have Cornerstone running on my HP Touchpad running CM9. I can run 3 apps simultaneously in three separate windows - read a book in Kindle on one window, take notes on Evernote on another window and check email in the other window. Its surprising and sad that Cornerstone did not take off, even with the CM crowd. It is open sourced, to boot.

dojoman
Nov 7, 2012, 05:08 PM
I barely use it on my 50" TV. I guess it's innovations for Samsung.

flameproof
Nov 7, 2012, 07:04 PM

I can't imagine I would ever want to watch a video on my iPhone screen, still, many people do.

cynics
Nov 7, 2012, 07:50 PM

I wish I could use it on my 4S right now so I could watch a busy group message going on while browsing this in tapatalk. But I'm flipping back and forth....

You just have no use for it. I would.....wish it was part of stock Android too...

spinedoc77
Nov 7, 2012, 07:58 PM
man this phone looks nicer and nicer everyday. i was going to get a win8 phone, but im seriously considering one of these.

now which OS is left with no multi window feature?

cynics
Nov 7, 2012, 08:01 PM
I have Cornerstone running on my HP Touchpad running CM9. I can run 3 apps simultaneously in three separate windows - read a book in Kindle on one window, take notes on Evernote on another window and check email in the other window. Its surprising and sad that Cornerstone did not take off, even with the CM crowd. It is open sourced, to boot.

Cornerstone is sick!

On an HP....
http://m.youtube.com/#/watch?v=MedNfbKVMSM

I messed with it on my Xoom before I went back to stock.