PDA

View Full Version : 'Angry Birds Star Wars' Arrives on iPhone, iPad and Mac

MacRumors
Nov 8, 2012, 11:10 AM
http://images.macrumors.com/im/macrumorsthreadlogo.gif (http://www.macrumors.com/2012/11/08/angry-birds-star-wars-arrives-on-iphone-ipad-and-mac/)

http://images.macrumors.com/article-new/2012/11/NewImage8.pngAfter weeks of teasers and hints, Rovio has finally released Angry Birds Star Wars. Don't expect anything revolutionary, however. The game is exactly what one would expect: Angry Birds, but with a Star Wars theme.

Our sister-site TouchArcade has a walkthrough video (http://toucharcade.com/2012/11/08/ta-plays-angry-birds-star-wars-a-star-wars-themed-angry-birds-title/) of some gameplay and some background about how the game actually works.
In fact it's drenched with Star Wars stuff. Every level, bird, and most of the game's mechanics, both old or new, are covered in a thick layer of Star Wars.

Red bird, for example, resembles Luke and has a secondary lightsaber attack that shears through hard surfaces and pigs. The blue bird is now a rebel pilot, able to fire spread shots from its pistol. Levels are set in classic Star Wars backdrops and every time the game introduces a "new" bird, you'll see a classic Star Wars scene starring the birds.pvNyBynZxog
Angry Birds Star Wars is available on iPhone ($0.99 (http://appshopper.com/games/angry-birds-star-wars)), iPad ($2.99 (http://appshopper.com/games/angry-birds-star-wars-hd)), and the Mac ($4.99 (http://appshopper.com/mac/games/angry-birds-star-wars)).

Article Link: 'Angry Birds Star Wars' Arrives on iPhone, iPad and Mac (http://www.macrumors.com/2012/11/08/angry-birds-star-wars-arrives-on-iphone-ipad-and-mac/)

Joe-Diver
Nov 8, 2012, 11:12 AM
Woo Hoo! Angry Birds Star Wars! Like the Lego themed games...you just gotta laugh.

Porco
Nov 8, 2012, 11:17 AM
The Force is strong with this one.

If you like Star Wars, and you like Angry Birds, you will like this game. If you don't, why are you even reading this?

saving107
Nov 8, 2012, 11:17 AM
I hate myself for wanting this game, but I really like Star Wars and I enjoy Angry Birds.

aaaaaand I'm downloading it :)

bushido
Nov 8, 2012, 11:21 AM
i'm the worst in this game, my 10 year old cousin beats me everytime. i couldnt even finish level 3 of the original :o

Sven11
Nov 8, 2012, 11:23 AM
I want Angry Birds Star Trek and assimilated piggies.

sasza
Nov 8, 2012, 11:25 AM
Tervetuloa! :)

hushypushy
Nov 8, 2012, 11:30 AM
I've kind of lost my faith in Star Wars after Lucas ruined the prequels and then sold everything to Disney...but I haven't lost my faith in Angry Birds! Keep on milking those birds Rovio, I'll keep buying!

Can't wait for the flood of comments about "should be a universal app!!" I'm sure every single person who is paying $0.99 because all they want is the iPod/Phone version would disagree with the notion of a more expensive universal app ;)

Skika
Nov 8, 2012, 11:37 AM
I've kind of lost my faith in Star Wars after Lucas ruined the prequels and then sold everything to Disney...but I haven't lost my faith in Angry Birds! Keep on milking those birds Rovio, I'll keep buying!

Can't wait for the flood of comments about "should be a universal app!!" I'm sure every single person who is paying $0.99 because all they want is the iPod/Phone version would disagree with the notion of a more expensive universal app ;)

I just want iCloud save game. I dont mind paying for both versions but its frustrating playing the same levels over again.

FrancoisC
Nov 8, 2012, 11:49 AM
I just want iCloud save game. I dont mind paying for both versions but its frustrating playing the same levels over again.

I agree 100%!

I wonder if transfering the save file with iExplorer would work... I'm going to try it later :)

gschumsky
Nov 8, 2012, 12:01 PM
I've kind of lost my faith in Star Wars after Lucas ruined the prequels and then sold everything to Disney...

Yes, a lot of us lost faith when the prequels were made, however based on how Disney handled the Avengers, I see a bright future for the Star Wars brand...

SockRolid
Nov 8, 2012, 12:39 PM
Rovio probably writes dialog better than Lucas.
Disney certainly will.

iMacFarlane
Nov 8, 2012, 01:10 PM
C-3PO: "But Sir! The odds of successfully writing dialogue worse than George Lucas is one thousand, seven hundred and twenty to one!

Disney: "Never tell me the odds . . . "

BornAgainMac
Nov 8, 2012, 01:18 PM
I wish this developer would learn how to use iCloud to save game progress.

tatonka
Nov 8, 2012, 01:35 PM
Instant download .. I haven't regretted buying any of Angry Birds games so far. I know it is hip to hate the game .. but I actually enjoy them.

EricByer
Nov 8, 2012, 01:48 PM
I've skipped all the Angry Birds except the original and Angry Birds Seasons. I'll probably give this one a try though. Looks fun enough.

saving107
Nov 8, 2012, 01:50 PM
I wish this developer would learn how to use iCloud to save game progress.

My friend and I were just having this discussion last night, shocking that Doodle Jump and Tiny Wings (small developers) have implemented iCloud sync for game progress but not Rovio, even though they promised more than a year ago that they would.

dampfnudel
Nov 8, 2012, 03:53 PM
I want Angry Birds Star Trek and assimilated piggies.

Make it so.:)

JGIGS
Nov 8, 2012, 04:40 PM
No free version to try iphone? I know Android has a free version. Boooo!

Iago
Nov 8, 2012, 07:50 PM
I bought angry birds space when it came out. there are still barely any levels.

Stick with original angry birds or rio or seasons...

Adidas Addict
Nov 9, 2012, 05:51 AM
Is it just me that finds that the difference in price between versions a piss take?

Not just this game, but basically every other multi platform game.

WilliamLondon
Nov 9, 2012, 07:24 AM
I know it is hip to hate the game

I know, having fun is, well, so last season.

Screw those people, at the very least they can keep their opinions to themselves, but some people enjoy expressing them because it's a way to declare their superiority, I mean how is it possible someone could continue enjoying something a superior person stopped enjoying awhile ago, or never enjoyed at all? There must be something wrong with that person, obviously.

I downloaded and started playing it - it's a fun game, I hope they come up with more fun ways to keep the game going.

Dekard
Nov 9, 2012, 08:01 AM
Is it just me that finds that the difference in price between versions a piss take?

Not just this game, but basically every other multi platform game.

:D seriously, complaining that you won't get $3 bucks of fun out of this game?

First world problems, indeed.

kicko
Nov 9, 2012, 08:42 AM

:D typical HD games are always a few bucks more. Its ok really... its a fun game.

probably my favorite angry installment yet

wgnoyes
Nov 9, 2012, 09:22 AM
This is, hands down, the BEST variety of Angry Birds yet!

----------

I bought angry birds space when it came out. there are still barely any levels.

Stick with original angry birds or rio or seasons...
We're talking about Angry Birds Star Wars, not AB Space. Please stay on topic. AB Star Wars has 80 levels to start plus bonus levels, and at least two more 40-level themes coming!

tdhurst
Nov 9, 2012, 11:06 AM
Woo Hoo! Angry Birds Star Wars! Like the Lego themed games...you just gotta laugh.

The Lego Star Wars games are FANTASTIC.

Adidas Addict
Nov 9, 2012, 12:06 PM

No i'm complaining that all three versions take roughly the same development yet they charge 5 times the price just because it for use on a computer.

tlevier
Nov 9, 2012, 04:16 PM
Great game, but using an iPhone 5, I only get to play for 74 minutes before my battery is completely gone....from a full charge.

Tinmania
Nov 9, 2012, 04:23 PM
It's nice to see this thread is over a day old and just two pages. The end of the Angry Bird mania.... which is sooooooo 2010.

Michael

Dekard
Nov 9, 2012, 05:42 PM
No i'm complaining that all three versions take roughly the same development yet they charge 5 times the price just because it for use on a computer.

Then don't buy it. It's worth the money. Doesn't matter if it cost 5 dollars total to develop, if you think you can get 3 dollars worth of fun elsewhere do it. It's 5 bucks, it's 3 bucks for ipad and HD versions. You spent more at McDonalds then you did for this game which will give you hours of entertainment.

saving107
Nov 9, 2012, 05:45 PM
It's nice to see this thread is over a day old and just two pages. The end of the Angry Bird mania.... which is sooooooo 2010.

Michael

Whats wrong with Angry Birds, why can't people still get excited about it?

I just waited in line for the midnight launch of Halo 4 with my friend, and he waited in line with me for the iPhone 5.

4 versions of Halo, 6 generations of iPhones, 5 variations of Angry Birds. Are we not allowed to still get excited about things anymore if they have been out for a while, or is getting excited so 2000 and late.

Adidas Addict
Nov 12, 2012, 11:08 AM
Then don't buy it. It's worth the money. Doesn't matter if it cost 5 dollars total to develop, if you think you can get 3 dollars worth of fun elsewhere do it. It's 5 bucks, it's 3 bucks for ipad and HD versions. You spent more at McDonalds then you did for this game which will give you hours of entertainment.

You don't understand my point, I am not saying it's not worth 4.99. I am saying there shouldn't be a difference in price.

iHacker0390
Nov 12, 2012, 03:21 PM

Its very easy to pull the save data from a iPhone and put it in the Mac or android, no jailbreaking or hacking required.... but iCloud syncing would be nice

Dekard
Nov 12, 2012, 04:03 PM
You don't understand my point, I am not saying it's not worth 4.99. I am saying there shouldn't be a difference in price.

It's technically a different product. Run the iphone app on your ipad at 2x and you will see a large difference in image quality. It's the same for almost all games that have an ipad or iphone HD version.

Obi Wan Kenobi
Nov 13, 2012, 01:52 AM
Yes, a lot of us lost faith when the prequels were made, however based on how Disney handled the Avengers, I see a bright future for the Star Wars brand...

I certainly don't think it could get any worse, and at this point I think the franchise is safer in Disney's hands than Lucas's. In the UK Yoda advertises Vodafone. Lucas should never have allowed such a thing. He can't have needed the money. Disney wouldn't do that.

AlyseM
Nov 13, 2012, 03:40 PM
I heard this became instantly one of the best selling apps around. Starwars man!