PDA

View Full Version : Help with external monitor and powerbook

whiteangel
Sep 10, 2005, 07:55 PM
Hi,

I have just got an external monitor to use with my powerbook, but there is a problem... the white on my externale monitor is "white white", while the white on my powerbooks is "yellowish white". I tried callibrating the powerbook monitor with the built in system calibrator but no matter what I do, it is still yellowish white....

Can anyone help me please ??

It is really odd.

Thanks alot !

pdpfilms
Sep 10, 2005, 08:09 PM
Hi,

I have just got an external monitor to use with my powerbook, but there is a problem... the white on my externale monitor is "white white", while the white on my powerbooks is "yellowish white". I tried callibrating the powerbook monitor with the built in system calibrator but no matter what I do, it is still yellowish white....

Can anyone help me please ??

It is really odd.

Thanks alot !

I noticed the same thing when I attempted to connect my old powerbook to an external. Unfortunately, there's nothing that can be done. No matter how precisely you calibrate the Pbook's display, the LCD has limitations that prevent it from reaching "white white". It simply cannot. Whatever display you have connected can, and is making your Pbook look yellowish. Disconnect the Pbook and notice it doesn't change color at all... you just may not have noticed the coleration before.

whiteangel
Sep 10, 2005, 08:18 PM
I noticed the same thing when I attempted to connect my old powerbook to an external. Unfortunately, there's nothing that can be done. No matter how precisely you calibrate the Pbook's display, the LCD has limitations that prevent it from reaching "white white". It simply cannot. Whatever display you have connected can, and is making your Pbook look yellowish. Disconnect the Pbook and notice it doesn't change color at all... you just may not have noticed the coleration before.

sad :(

now the powerbook doesn't look so 'power'ful anymore.

mkrishnan
Sep 10, 2005, 08:31 PM
Are you using the advanced / expert mode options in the calibrator?

whiteangel
Sep 11, 2005, 05:13 PM
Are you using the advanced / expert mode options in the calibrator?

Yes I did... still can't get the same kind of white

mkrishnan
Sep 11, 2005, 07:50 PM
Yes I did... still can't get the same kind of white

Hmmm...one more question: have you calibrated *both* monitors at the same time using the Apple software?

For what it's worth, though, I don't know if LCDs can make a color palette that will make *you* happy, but they can make very accurate color palettes in comparison to printed materials. My photo prints from mpix correspond very closely to my 12" iBook G4's calibrated screen. I don't know if that corresponds to your concept of "white white," though.

I'm sorry it's not working out for you.