Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

MacRumors

macrumors bot
Original poster
Apr 12, 2001

NewImage12.png
Apple has released a 127.07 MB update for all the Mac notebooks introduced in June 2012 -- the new MacBook Air models, as well as the spec-bumped MacBook Pro, and the MacBook Pro 15" with Retina display.

Apple is nonspecific about the exact issues the update fixes, but mentions graphics performance and compatibility with USB devices:
About MacBook Air and MacBook Pro Update 2.0

This update includes graphics performance and reliability enhancements and improves compatibility with some USB devices.

This update is recommended for all Mac notebooks introduced in June 2012.
The update is available via Apple's support website or the Mac App Store.

Installing the update also changes the build number of OS X 10.8.2 from 12C60 to 12C3006.

Article Link: Apple Releases MacBook Air and MacBook Pro Update 2.0

Last edited:

ibd

macrumors member
Apr 12, 2008
Ohh, I wonder if this will fix certain issues like heavy throttling of the rMBP. :)

hlfway2anywhere

Cancelled
Jul 15, 2006
hopefully this fixes the screen tearing in Safari that has made it virtually unusable on my 15" MacBook Pro with Retina display.

vanc

macrumors 6502
Nov 21, 2007
After the update, Safari performs better. Scrolling with verge.com can finally reach more than 35 fps with the iGPU.

GrandPhrase

macrumors 6502
Jun 16, 2012
After the update, Safari performs better. Scrolling with verge.com can finally reach more than 35 fps with the iGPU.

Would you kindly mind posting a video of scrolling on The Verge or whatever graphics heavy website that was previously laggy, for us? I know it's too little a change and trivial to do something like a video, but.. would really appreciate it.

komodrone

macrumors 6502
Apr 26, 2011
I don't have that issue.

here's how to reproduce it:

attach external display
goto display settings in sys prefs
set it to more space:
screenshot20121108at336.png

set arrangement: external display directly on top, laptop screen on bottom. MAKE SURE THE WHITE BAR IS IN THE EXTERNAL DISPLAY ON TOP
screenshot20121108at336.png

move a large window around in the retina macbook screen
see this video:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=V3ZpEIc0EAw&feature=youtu.be

it's a known issue with OSX
confirmed and reproduced it at a Genius Bar with their own retina macbooks.

----------

Private video.

fixed. now you can see it
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=V3ZpEIc0EAw&feature=youtu.be

Syndra

macrumors newbie
Sep 20, 2012
I wonder if this patch fixes the problems with games, which makes you having to reset your SMC.

beestigbeestje

macrumors regular
May 17, 2007
Belgium
Resizing Safari windows are smoother.

Not noticing any gaming performance at the moment. Is there a way to see frames per second on Modern Combat Domination?

EDIT: Safari window resizing is NOT smoother :(.

Last edited:
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.