PDA

View Full Version : 2011 MBA MagSafe slow to begin charging...

Ohlias
Nov 8, 2012, 07:15 PM
I've noticed lately that when I plug my magsafe connector, it can take anywhere from 5 to 10 minutes (sometimes more) before the little orate/green light will come and an actually begin charging. This issue is sporadic and can happen when the battery is at 3% or 100%.

Is this normal?

The connector is not damaged, and sits flush.

GGJstudios
Nov 8, 2012, 07:37 PM
I've noticed lately that when I plug my magsafe connector, it can take anywhere from 5 to 10 minutes (sometimes more) before the little orate/green light will come and an actually begin charging. This issue is sporadic and can happen when the battery is at 3% or 100%.

Is this normal?

The connector is not damaged, and sits flush.
It's normal for there to be a slight delay before it begins charging, but 5-10 minutes or longer doesn't sound right. Have Apple check it out to make sure your adapter isn't defective.

The link below should answer most, if not all, of your battery/charging questions. If you haven't already done so, I highly recommend you take the time to read it.
Apple Notebook Battery FAQ (http://forums.macrumors.com/showpost.php?p=9875442&postcount=23)

SandPebble
Nov 12, 2012, 12:25 PM
I had the same issue. I unplugged the charger from the wall for a few hours. My MBA now starts charging a few seconds after attaching the magsafe.

Mrbobb
Nov 12, 2012, 01:12 PM
Clean the power connector at both ends. Use a compressed air can first.

Ohlias
Nov 16, 2012, 09:26 AM
I had the same issue. I unplugged the charger from the wall for a few hours. My MBA now starts charging a few seconds after attaching the magsafe.

Did this, seems to have solved the issue for several days now. Thanks!