Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

hunterheath33

macrumors regular
Original poster
Jul 15, 2012
Does the Samsung galaxy s3 have a signal loss or a signal issue like it has trouble holding a signal in low signal areas? And is the data connection reliable? I'm wondering before I decide to buy one. Thanks!

michaeljohn

macrumors 6502
Oct 27, 2012
Does the Samsung galaxy s3 have a signal loss or a signal issue like it has trouble holding a signal in low signal areas? And is the data connection reliable? I'm wondering before I decide to buy one. Thanks!

That really depends on which carrier and what area you are in

Dreshyne2g

macrumors newbie
Mar 21, 2011
I had a problem with the galaxy s3. I went through two of them. At my house the signal was terrible. My wife had the iPhone 5 and didn't have any problems.

The galaxy is a beast of a phone. I just had problems with the weak antenna.

We are both on Verizon.

Stuntman06

macrumors 6502a
Sep 19, 2011
Metro Vancouver, B.C, Canada
I haven't noticed any issue with low signal with mine. I do know that when I first got it, there were a few times where I saw full bars, but had no data for some reason. It's been fine for the past 2 months. Not sure what it could be, but I did get a firmware update to my phone around that time when the issue went away.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.