Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

yoak

macrumors 68000
Original poster
Oct 4, 2004
Oslo, Norway
My wife accidentaly dropped our ibook last night, everything seemed to be ok. It runs perfectly, but when she wasw going to put it to sleep, she realized it wouldn´t close properely.
It turns out the plastic that cover the hinges are broken on one side, what do I do?

It´s not a year old, but I haven´t got apple care, something I planned to get a month from now, just before the ibooks first birthday :(

Lacero

macrumors 604
Jan 20, 2005
You can put it too sleep with Option+Command+Eject.

But this is good news! Now you can use this as leverage in future arguments. :p

mad jew

Moderator emeritus
Apr 3, 2004
Adelaide, Australia
Or just use the power button or select it from the Apple menu.

Still, I'd look at getting it repaired although I'm almost certain the one year warrantee won't be of any usage. I'd get it checked out just to make sure it's all fine internally.

yoak

macrumors 68000
Original poster
Oct 4, 2004
Oslo, Norway
Lacero said:
You can put it too sleep with Option+Command+Eject.

But this is good news! Now you can use this as leverage in future arguments. :p

He he, and guess who is keeping the ibook when (one day) a new PB enters the house.
;)

Should I send it to Apple for repairs, I guess dropping it dosen´t fall under the one year warranty?

jamesW135

macrumors 6502a
Apr 30, 2005
Send it to apple just to be checked out, and if you don't need to take it places hook it up to another monitor and you've got a desktop. :p

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.