PDA

View Full Version : Director MX Released.....

iGav
Nov 25, 2002, 06:42 AM
Not sure if it's been covered, but Macromedia have just pulled a slinky and announced Director MX for a December release!!!!!

http://www.macromedia.com/software/director/

Looks like my full migration to OSX is about to happen sooner than I thought!!

Wicked!!

edesignuk
Nov 25, 2002, 06:54 AM
It's about time! Not that this release effects me one bit, but I know there are many (most of all u!) who have been waiting for this for a long time.

iGav
Nov 25, 2002, 07:04 AM
Originally posted by edesignuk
It's about time! Not that this release effects me one bit, but I know there are many (most of all u!) who have been waiting for this for a long time.

I do ALOT of Director work so this is more than just a God send......... I was hoping that they may fully support DVD authoring and it would've been good had they offered support for Interactive TV authoring and development, maybe based on OPEN or Liberate.......

Seems like there's some cool little changes, so I'm well up for getting a copy of this when it's released next month....... :)

What this means though is when I receive my new PowerBook, I'll be able to work directly in OSX all of the time..... Director has been the one thing that has been holding me back in this area!! At the moment I keep a fully configured OS9 set-up on my machine just incase.......!!

Wicked!! :) :D

irmongoose
Nov 25, 2002, 07:59 AM
why don't you download the trial version?

irmongoose

iGav
Nov 25, 2002, 08:35 AM
Originally posted by irmongoose
why don't you download the trial version?

irmongoose

I will be.............. only have access to 56k today though!!

If anyone D/L's it.... then please post your thoughts!!

macphisto
Nov 25, 2002, 10:48 AM
FINALLY!!!! Whaa hooo! Now life will be a little simpler. I will post thoughts on the demo a little later.

Macpoops
Nov 25, 2002, 12:15 PM
Damn.... No MX trial version yet. Still 8.5 on the website. To think this comes with 2 weeks left in my Media Production class.

Swinny
Nov 25, 2002, 01:28 PM
Praise be!

After Photoshop and Quark I'd wager Director was one of THE most anticipated OSX programmes!

Doesn't look as though a hell of a lot has changed, just MX interface, a few funtional tweaks and bringing things upto date standards wise...Still desperate to get my hands on the trial version though!

...might mean we finally get an OSX version of AlamDV as well...hohum, could be an expensive few months!

------------------------------
Swinny
www.iMovie-user.com

Thirteenva
Nov 26, 2002, 07:35 AM
Originally posted by Swinny
Praise be!

After Photoshop and Quark I'd wager Director was one of THE most anticipated OSX programmes!

Your forgot dreamweaver.... ;). I was ellated when that was released for OS X. Not as happy as i was about photoshop though.

And the dissappointment of the year..... Flash MX.

I used to do primarily flash work and used flash MX on a daily basis and I found it to be slow and buggy, and it quits on me at least once a day. I actually found working in Flash 5 under classic to be much faster and more stable, believe it or not.

Photoshop 7 is the best program i have for OS X, its rock solid, and runs great, the new features and interface tweaks are excellent. I don't miss 6 at all. Best upgrade this year.

iGav
Nov 26, 2002, 07:40 AM
Originally posted by Macpoops
Damn.... No MX trial version yet. Still 8.5 on the website. To think this comes with 2 weeks left in my Media Production class.

I know I only realised that after my post above....... bit of a bummer but there you go...... only a few left though till it's unleashed on the world!!

Praise be!

Doesn't look as though a hell of a lot has changed, just MX interface, a few funtional tweaks and bringing things upto date standards wise...Still desperate to get my hands on the trial version though!

You got that right............ the interface seems to have been nicely modernised and freshened up, which I quite like, and there seems to be some cool little tweaks etc that I think could make for some unbelieveable work.......

I'd still like to see Macromedia push it for Interactive TV development though...... I could really see it succeeding here........

hexor
Nov 26, 2002, 11:07 AM
Pretty sad that Macromedia has to charge that much for Director when this version was rumored to be produced in India by Indian programmers.. heck.. pretty soon all you people using Director will probably be replaced by Indians for 1/10th the cost.. To top it off I called NetGear for tech support last night and it was in India! ahhhh.. Globalization... kiss those good paying hi-tech jobs goodbye!

Timothy
Nov 26, 2002, 11:47 AM
Hey...I've been wanting to produce a project for awhile in Director, but the tech hasn't been there...or at least, I wasn't pulling it off correctly. Perhaps one of you who use Director on a regular basis could help me?

I'm trying to create a web-based presentation. The presentation has quicktime movies in it, and I need to "sync" to specific points within the quicktime movies. I've gotten this to work offline, but don't think I can do it in an online presentation.

Anyone have experience with this? If so, can you email me at "tim@eventure.com?" Thanks!

pgwalsh
Nov 26, 2002, 11:51 AM
Originally posted by hexor
Pretty sad that Macromedia has to charge that much for Director when this version was rumored to be produced in India by Indian programmers.. heck.. pretty soon all you people using Director will probably be replaced by Indians for 1/10th the cost.. To top it off I called NetGear for tech support last night and it was in India! ahhhh.. Globalization... kiss those good paying hi-tech jobs goodbye! Well, India has I think 10 of the top Tech schools in the world. They're all over it.

irmongoose
Nov 27, 2002, 03:03 AM
Originally posted by hexor
Pretty sad that Macromedia has to charge that much for Director when this version was rumored to be produced in India by Indian programmers.. heck.. pretty soon all you people using Director will probably be replaced by Indians for 1/10th the cost.. To top it off I called NetGear for tech support last night and it was in India! ahhhh.. Globalization... kiss those good paying hi-tech jobs goodbye!

What, you got something against Indians?

irmongoose

gerror
Nov 27, 2002, 05:08 AM
Director is the major reason to use OS 9 for me. Soon I'll hardly use 9 anymore. It's like leaving a dear friend.

harvey
Dec 1, 2002, 01:43 PM
Originally posted by irmongoose

What, you got something against Indians?

irmongoose
No, I make a durn good slurpee at my boss Apu's QuickieMart since I lost my job at SoftCoders, Inc. (a Bermuda corporation).
:D