PDA

View Full Version : WTT: ipod shuffle for cell phone

wnameth
Sep 11, 2005, 12:20 PM
hello, i have been thinking, and i am wanting a cell phone, i would like to trade my 1GB shuffle only used for 2 charges for a cell phone. or possible buy one that is able to use pay as you go in canada for no additional cost.

if i trade my shuffle, these are the phones i would desire (or at least similar ones):

Samsung SGH-E315 (or similar)
nokia 6101 (or similar)
lg flip phone (newish)
audiovox (any flip phone that is newish)

i have a pay as you go plan right now with fido but my phone broke, i would rather have one that i can use with telus because they have way better service in my area. i would prefer one in canada for shipping reasons, and the fact that im not sure if you can transfer a phone to someone who is in another country without any additional cost. what i would love is for someone wo have one in canada that is pay as you go, but im open to offers. i can post pics if need be, please post or pm me

thanks a million

wnameth
Sep 11, 2005, 12:47 PM
a couple more phones to add to my list:

Samsung SCH A650
Samsung SCH A670 Camera Phone
LG 5450 Camera Phone
Motorola V710
LG 125
Motorola V262
Motorola V265

also maybe a razer, but thats pushing it, i also wouldn't mind an itunes phone ;)
also i will accept almost anything else, if they are somewhat similar to these
thanks

wnameth
Sep 11, 2005, 01:38 PM
i will also be accepting anything from bell as well

wnameth
Sep 11, 2005, 02:20 PM
also anything in the motorola v- series

p.s here are some pics

mbl42
Sep 11, 2005, 02:43 PM
I have an old LG flip phone. I'll update this post with a model number after I find it.

wnameth
Sep 11, 2005, 02:46 PM
is it color? and does it have a clock/screen on the front case

mbl42
Sep 11, 2005, 02:47 PM
It does have a clock/screen in the front. It is grayscale. It is pretty scratched up. It works and has a good battery and charger. Model # is LG TP5250.

wnameth
Sep 11, 2005, 04:15 PM
i don't think that is worth the ipod shuffle at all really, are there any other people who have phones like this one they would like to trade?

buryyourbrideau
Sep 11, 2005, 04:27 PM
i will definetly trade you my phone i have had for two months. i just bought a sidekick off ebay so i dont need it anymore. :)

My Phone (http://tmobile.com/products/overview.asp?phoneid=242032&class=phone)

joecool85
Sep 11, 2005, 05:10 PM
I have a Nokia 5165 I'm not using anymore, I'll trade that for a shuffle.

wnameth
Sep 11, 2005, 05:10 PM
ok how do i know i can use it with pay as you go here in canada (ontario, hamilton)

email me through the email in my profile

wnameth
Sep 11, 2005, 05:21 PM
I have a Nokia 5165 I'm not using anymore, I'll trade that for a shuffle.

that really is to low quality for me sorry

rickvanr
Sep 11, 2005, 05:51 PM
I'd gladly trade my Motorola 120c for your shuffle.

hepcat57
Sep 11, 2005, 09:22 PM
Trade for a Motorola t720?

reberto
Sep 11, 2005, 10:21 PM
Trade for a LG VX6100?

wnameth
Sep 12, 2005, 07:08 AM
Trade for a LG VX6100?

if you can find out how i can use it in canada (preferably pay as you go) then i will do this

djbahdow01
Sep 12, 2005, 08:16 AM
The phones he is asking for have to be GSM compatible, therefore if you have a Verizon or Sprint phone you are trying to trade it will not work as it is not GSM. Also it would probably be wise to have an unlocked phone.

I would be willing to trade my Siemens S56. It has bluetooth and has a color screen. It is also unlocked, I am in the US but im sure shipping costs for the shuffle and phone would be similar.

mrgreen4242
Sep 12, 2005, 09:22 AM
I have a Sony Ericson T68i phone. It is a 'candybar' style phone, very small and light, color display and bluetooth compatible. It's locked into the ATT (so it's a GSM phone) network, but can be unlocked. It's packed in a box of stuff from when I moved, so if you are interested in it let me know so I can dig it out and take some pictures and whatnot.

wnameth
Sep 12, 2005, 10:51 AM
Trade for a LG VX6100?

what service provider are you using? and is it GSM? is it unlocked? i have another offer i am interested in so please email me at wnameth@@@@cogeco.ca

thanks

BTW i am really looking for a flip color phone (camera not needed but it would be nice)

wnameth
Sep 12, 2005, 02:27 PM
OK, i am in the process of working out a deal for the motorola mpx200, but i have one general question that i can't seem to figure out:

how and where do i find out what service providers i can use this phone with here in canada? also will i have to pay for a new sim card that is roughly 39.99 from fido or telus. if someone could (it would be really helpful) could you possibly tell me how to find this out or tell me if you know the answer. because if i get it in trading my shuffle and then find that i can't even use it at all (so a new sim card won't even do the trick) then i will be screwed and i can't seem to find this out, i have been looking feverishly on telus's web-page, as i used to have a fido phone and i didn't like the service.

thanks alot

buryyourbrideau
Sep 12, 2005, 02:31 PM
OK, i am in the process of working out a deal for the motorola mpx200, but i have one general question that i can't seem to figure out:

how and where do i find out what service providers i can use this phone with here in canada? also will i have to pay for a new sim card that is roughly 39.99 from fido or telus. if someone could (it would be really helpful) could you possibly tell me how to find this out or tell me if you know the answer. because if i get it in trading my shuffle and then find that i can't even use it at all (so a new sim card won't even do the trick) then i will be screwed and i can't seem to find this out, i have been looking feverishly on telus's web-page, as i used to have a fido phone and i didn't like the service.

thanks alot

seems to me that you would be better off dealing with someone in canada or maybe someone that lives relatively close to you so that you know for the sure the phone will work for you. i wouldnt want to get screwed and lose a shuffle for nothing

wnameth
Sep 12, 2005, 02:55 PM
ok then is there anyone in canada with a phone that is similar to the motorola mpx200? I am not ruling out that trade that i have for that, but i am just checking to see because within canada would be way easier.

wnameth
Sep 12, 2005, 04:39 PM
deal going under way and almost done with thi12ty7 for a motorola mxp200, if anyone in canada has this phone or one that is similar in that it can take memory cards and play music then email me or pm me if not i am going to go through with this deal

thanks

wnameth
Sep 12, 2005, 05:59 PM
hi, i have one question for the general public of MR, how do i know a phone is unlocked? my service provider told me that it has to be an unlocked phone so they can put the new sim card in it, i presume this means that there isn't a password? can someone clarify that/?

buryyourbrideau
Sep 13, 2005, 01:14 AM
hi, i have one question for the general public of MR, how do i know a phone is unlocked? my service provider told me that it has to be an unlocked phone so they can put the new sim card in it, i presume this means that there isn't a password? can someone clarify that/?

this is not the meaning what so ever. a phone that is unlocked will accept sim cards from any service provider. if a phone is not, then it will only accept one. you can find unlock codes online for almost any phone

wnameth
Sep 13, 2005, 07:02 AM
i understand, and then i give the unlock codes to the service provider that i want.

thanks

buryyourbrideau
Sep 13, 2005, 08:07 AM
i understand, and then i give the unlock codes to the service provider that i want.

thanks

no. you have to enter unlock codes into the phone itself. a lot of phones will only give you 5 chances to unlock a phone and if you mess up it can never be unlocked.

Lucky736
Sep 13, 2005, 10:19 AM
I hope you realize the mpx200 is a gsm 1900 phone and most of canda uses 900 or 1800 i believe. may want to check on that b/c if so its not going to do you a bit of good. fyi

wnameth
Sep 13, 2005, 10:30 AM
Trade for a LG VX6100?

since i have found out that the other phone might not work in canada, could you tell me what accessories come with this phone and the exact condition of it, please send me pics through the forums (the email address in my profile)

thanks

wnameth
Sep 13, 2005, 02:22 PM
ok i have contacted my local service provider and they say that if the band/ mode range is 800/1900 the reception will be poor and that the range of the actual cell will be very poor (as it was with my last phone for this same reason)

ok so i am really wanting a phone that has that or was purchased in canada with a 850 band/ mode or what ever. I am looking for something in idea of the motorola mpx200 or basically any lg flip phone that is color and possibly a camera. i would desire a screen on the case so i can check the time and what not without opening it

thanks

wnameth
Sep 13, 2005, 03:58 PM
an example of a phone with 850 mhz would be the LG 2000, this is the one on the top of my list and if anyone has this one or a very similar version i will ship my shuffle out tonight with an extra pair of headphones

wnameth
Sep 13, 2005, 05:55 PM
no one has an unlocked 850 mhz phone that they want to sell such as a lg flip phone or a nokia 3220 or a samsung flip all i want is colour and maybe an mp3 capability and maybe a camera. please send me an email through my profile and i will ship you my shuffle with accessories for the phone

thanks

also if anyone knows how to unlock a nokia 3220 please HELP! because i have someone here who is offering me one that is 850 mhz (it will work with a canadian service provider) but he says it is locked, can someone help me, it will make or break my deal with him

thanks

wnameth
Sep 13, 2005, 08:05 PM
no one knows how to get the unlock codes for a nokia 3220, or any other phone, it can't be that hard if you know what your doing, i don't really, thats the prob

thanks

buryyourbrideau
Sep 14, 2005, 01:01 AM
if you didnt get the email, i paid 5 dollars and the phone is now unlocked. all those dumb @$$ websites said the sim needed to be out when in reality it needed to be in. trade me now!

wnameth
Sep 14, 2005, 07:15 AM
just to clarify, now that it is unlocked it will accept a fido canada sim card?

wnameth
Sep 14, 2005, 03:50 PM
if you didnt get the email, i paid 5 dollars and the phone is now unlocked. all those dumb @$$ websites said the sim needed to be out when in reality it needed to be in. trade me now!

ok a deal is being made right now (almost a done deal) buryyourbrideau is taking pics tonight and if i like what i see (condition wise) then it is a done deal i see that this phone has tons of faceplates and other accessories does anyone have any accessories for this phone? like a case ect.

also if anyone knows anything bad/good about this phone (nokia 3220) please post it because otherwise its a done deal or if anyone has a better offer

thanks

djbahdow01
Sep 14, 2005, 04:31 PM
Other than its not a flip phone that is the only issue that i see. It should def work on your network. And there doesn't seem to be any issues that i can see about the phone, if you want to look for your self look at www.howardforums.com they have all cell phone related stuff.

wnameth
Sep 14, 2005, 05:34 PM
Other than its not a flip phone that is the only issue that i see. It should def work on your network. And there doesn't seem to be any issues that i can see about the phone, if you want to look for your self look at www.howardforums.com they have all cell phone related stuff.

thanks, also do you think there will be any sole advantages to getting a flip instead, like screen wise other than the obvious size dif when a flip phone is closed, but is the nokia a really good quality candy bar one?

wnameth
Sep 15, 2005, 07:18 AM
last chance to offer me something better than a nokia 3220 before i go 100% on this deal.

ANYONE!?!?

thanks

wnameth
Sep 15, 2005, 10:29 AM
ok deal fell through for the nokia 3220 because the sellers/traders dad wanted him to keep it, so is there anyone on here that wants to trade there phone for my 1GB shuffle?

i am wanting anything like the nokia 3220 or an lg flip phone or a sony or samsung.

please post or email me through the boards

thanks

wnameth
Sep 15, 2005, 02:02 PM
I would also just out right sell it for 115 shipped to US or canada

but seriously no one has a phone to trade for it?

wnameth
Sep 15, 2005, 04:49 PM
should i start a new thread on FS or FT because I'm getting alot of views but no pm's or emails. is there anyone in canada willing to trade there phone or in canada/US who wants to buy this shuffle?

last chance