PDA

View Full Version : Please help! WTB Firewire cables

keltorsori
Sep 11, 2005, 04:34 PM
In my rush to get out of New Orleans after the levy broke, I didn't grab any of my cables for my gear. I've relocated to Nashville temporarily and am trying to get set back up here. Unfortunately CompUSA wants $30 for a firewire cable, and my box full of them back home is under water. So, I'm looking for some cheap firewire (6-pin to 6-pin) cables to get my gear set back up and try to get on my feet. Please email me at eric AT bluecranecs.com if you've got any I can buy.

thanks,
eric smith

homerjward
Sep 11, 2005, 04:52 PM
i dont know if this helps, but at http://www.newegg.com you can get them for ~$5.50 for a 3ft and $6.50 for a 6ft, and also a 16ft for $7.49, but keep in mind these are generic brands.

katie ta achoo
Sep 11, 2005, 05:52 PM
I know at fry's they have some for $1 and are a foot long.. I don't know if you're near one, or need a longer cable, but Fry's would be the place to go, I guess.

mbl42
Sep 11, 2005, 05:55 PM
I have a Fry's nearby. I will see what they have. If they are cheap, I'll buy a couple and send them to you.

mbl42
Sep 13, 2005, 08:11 PM
Update: They had retractable ones for $7 that looked good. Do you want me to buy some? If so, how many? Will you reimburse me or will this be out of the kindness of my heart? ;)