Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

skateny

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Jul 19, 2012
New York, NY
yes you can download youtube videos with mactubes no problem. I do it all the time.

Thanks. How do you do it? I haven't found a simple path to downloading in preferences or other menus.

----------

yes you can download youtube videos with mactubes no problem. I do it all the time.

I actually did figure out how to download from MacTubes, but that was some time ago. As I did back then, I get the following error message:

MacTubes v3.1.4 / OS Version 10.5.8 (Build 9L31a)
Download failed Error - no permissions to read file http://o-o---preferred---sn-j5caxox...7EF5.551A7D67DD7A083E92A87E68B4557F2B90607B0A

Starfighter

macrumors 6502a
Jun 17, 2011
Sweden
It can also stop working at any given time due to something no one has figured out yet. I used MacTubes all the time before, but one day it just stopped working (I tested almost every version of MacTubes on three different macs, each running a different operating system - no dice). I think it has to do with YouTubes infrastructure and maybe localized restrictions but I don't know...

AWallen90

macrumors 6502
Sep 15, 2009
iPhone Case

I just open my activity window (Option-Command-A) and double click the video while holding option.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.