Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

bludragon06

macrumors regular
Original poster
Jun 27, 2010
Pittsburg California
As the title says I was thinking of selling my black 32 gig ip5! It is in perfect condition! I wanted to get the Samsung galaxy s3! I also like the razzr maxx! But not cheap! I wanted as good as camera as the ip5! As fast as the ip5 but bigger screen! Any other suggestions? Or what do you guys and gals think???? I'm on AT&T in California Bay Area!

Tig Bitties

macrumors 603
Sep 6, 2012
Perfect timing for you. The Nexus 4 gets released Tuesday. Its the top of the line newest Android phone, running Android 4.2 pure stock.

And is selling for $299 off contract, no commitment. That price can no be beat anywhere.

3bs

macrumors 603
May 20, 2011
Dublin, Ireland
Perfect timing for you. The Nexus 4 gets released Tuesday. Its the top of the line newest Android phone, running Android 4.2 pure stock.

And is selling for $299 off contract, no commitment. That price can no be beat anywhere.

Well seeing as he has a 32GB iPhone I think 8GB will be too little for him so he'll probably want to go with the 16GB model and that's priced at $349. But yes I think that's a great phone and I already pre-ordered mine through a 3rd party.

aznguyen316

macrumors 68010
Oct 1, 2008
Tampa, FL
Are you fine with no LTE but just HSPA+? That's what the Nexus 4 offers. Razr HD/Maxx have poor cameras compared to the Galaxy S3/iP5.

Vegastouch

macrumors 603
Jul 12, 2008
Las Vegas, NV
My biggest concern with the Nexus 4 is it only has 16GB of space. Otherwise it is a great value. I dont care about the no LTE.

The Nokia 920 is going to be $449 off contract with 32GB memory and it has a real good camera.

There seems to be some good deals on GS3's on Craigslist. Better than eBay anyways.

michaeljohn

macrumors 6502
Oct 27, 2012
As the title says I was thinking of selling my black 32 gig ip5! It is in perfect condition! I wanted to get the Samsung galaxy s3! I also like the razzr maxx! But not cheap! I wanted as good as camera as the ip5! As fast as the ip5 but bigger screen! Any other suggestions? Or what do you guys and gals think???? I'm on AT&T in California Bay Area!

Look on Craigslist. I see ads all the time for people with S3s and other high end Android devices willing to trade for an iPhone 5 plus throw in cash.

bludragon06

macrumors regular
Original poster
Jun 27, 2010
Pittsburg California
I just want an android that can take as good a pictures and video as the ip5 and a large beautiful screen! I will probably sell my ip5 for like 850-900. It has some cases and an extended apple warranty! With skins as well! I am just bored with iOS! Internal memory is not an issue for me as I can go get a 32 gig sd card! And LTE is not a huge deal for me! 4g is fine for me! I don't always get full LTE coverage in my area!

Akash.B

macrumors regular
Mar 25, 2010
The Lumia 920 is probably the only phone to best the iPhone camera (I own both the iPhone 5 and 920)

Vegastouch

macrumors 603
Jul 12, 2008
Las Vegas, NV
I just want an android that can take as good a pictures and video as the ip5 and a large beautiful screen! I will probably sell my ip5 for like 850-900. It has some cases and an extended apple warranty! With skins as well! I am just bored with iOS! Internal memory is not an issue for me as I can go get a 32 gig sd card! And LTE is not a huge deal for me! 4g is fine for me! I don't always get full LTE coverage in my area!

Good luck with that.

Shredder-

macrumors regular
Jan 4, 2012
i'm so stoked for the nexus 4, has everything i want in a phone, except LTE of course, but not a deal breaker. something i don't understand is people complaining about space. What are people using their phones for nowadays? I mean, seeing there are tons of cloud services out there, and music wise - go spotify?

I don't see how people can fill up 16 GB and say its not enough

bludragon06

macrumors regular
Original poster
Jun 27, 2010
Pittsburg California
850 was easy to get with a 64gb. Not 32gb.

Anyway, welcome to Android. You won't be disappointed.

Lol thanks for the welcome! My phone is perfect. No flaws! With accessories and a 2 year apple warranty! I don't think it'll be that hard!

And as far as switching to android... I haven't even played with an android! But I do know that I am very board with iOS!

What does everybody think of the GS3?

Akash.B

macrumors regular
Mar 25, 2010
Lol thanks for the welcome! My phone is perfect. No flaws! With accessories and a 2 year apple warranty! I don't think it'll be that hard!

And as far as switching to android... I haven't even played with an android! But I do know that I am very board with iOS!

If you wait for the week before Christmas, I wouldn't be surprised if you got $1000 for it. I got mine unlocked for a few dollars on eBay and it sold for $950

Vegastouch

macrumors 603
Jul 12, 2008
Las Vegas, NV
i'm so stoked for the nexus 4, has everything i want in a phone, except LTE of course, but not a deal breaker. something i don't understand is people complaining about space. What are people using their phones for nowadays? I mean, seeing there are tons of cloud services out there, and music wise - go spotify?

I don't see how people can fill up 16 GB and say its not enough

Cloud services arent a good option for many. I dont prefer to stream my music of movies because it would eat all my data and would cost me more in the long run to get more of it. Many are trying to keep their costs down.

I didnt like Spotify and even if it were good, it is still the same thing. Google play Music is good but again, it uses data.

Orange Furball

macrumors 65816
May 18, 2012
Scranton, PA, USA

The only reason I got Android was because my Windows Phone broke. It was more of a cheap compromise, but I turned out loving it. Its a slight learning curve from iOS, but once you get it you'll love it. Especially the customization. If you get bored all you have to do is change to a new launcher. Easy.

The GS3 is a great phone, but make sure you get an unlocked international one, not a carrier one. The carrier version is a dual core while the unlocked international is a quad core.

Vegastouch

macrumors 603
Jul 12, 2008
Las Vegas, NV
The only reason I got Android was because my Windows Phone broke. It was more of a cheap compromise, but I turned out loving it. Its a slight learning curve from iOS, but once you get it you'll love it. Especially the customization. If you get bored all you have to do is change to a new launcher. Easy.

The GS3 is a great phone, but make sure you get an unlocked international one, not a carrier one. The carrier version is a dual core while the unlocked international is a quad core.

Will it work here in the USA? They dont use a different frequency?

strausd

macrumors 68030
Jul 11, 2008
Texas

If I remember correctly, the dual core version has 2GB RAM while the international quad core version only has 1GB. And in this case, more RAM is going to be more beneficial than 2 additional cores, which probably won't even be used that much by the OS. But the OS should have no problem utilizing all the RAM for backgrounding. So really, things may feel faster on the dual core version because it has twice the RAM.

Orange Furball

macrumors 65816
May 18, 2012
Scranton, PA, USA
Will it work here in the USA? They dont use a different frequency?

It will work. But Strausd is correct. Go for the AT&T one, the ram will definitely help

If I remember correctly, the dual core version has 2GB RAM while the international quad core version only has 1GB. And in this case, more RAM is going to be more beneficial than 2 additional cores, which probably won't even be used that much by the OS. But the OS should have no problem utilizing all the RAM for backgrounding. So really, things may feel faster on the dual core version because it has twice the RAM.

True. I forgot about that, more cores matters for gaming, but for the average user more ram is better

bludragon06

macrumors regular
Original poster
Jun 27, 2010
Pittsburg California
I really want the GS3 but something is telling me to wait and save up for the GS4. Grrrr I dont ever remember being this confused on what to do for a new phone. :rolleyes:

Tig Bitties

macrumors 603
Sep 6, 2012
Galaxy S IV isn't due out until April / May. You can always play that waiting game, and never upgrade, because there's always something better coming soon LOL :)

Just pick the phone you like now, and buy it, unless waiting is just a week or two, sure wait. But I wouldn't wait 6 months, if I want a new phone now.

I have my eyes on the Nexus 4 myself, nothing beats stock Android, direct updates immediately from Google, even more so the GSM version, which the Nexus 4 will only be.

But I will admit, an iPhone 5 would be kick butt, once the jailbreak is out, the iPhone stock just blows, needs that jailbreak to open up.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.