Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Lightey

macrumors regular
Original poster
Jul 10, 2010
Ever since I updated to iOS 6, my Facebook notifications haven't been working the same as the used to. For some reason, there is no sound or vibration when I get a Facebook notification, and the "Sound" is set to On in the notification center settings for Facebook. I'll get the notification, but without being alerted by the vibration or sound, it's sort of meaningless to even have. Does anyone have this problem or know how to fix it?

Also, as a side question, is it possible to get iOS notifications when someone likes your status?

djr7572

macrumors 6502
Jun 29, 2011
Ever since I updated to iOS 6, my Facebook notifications haven't been working the same as the used to. For some reason, there is no sound or vibration when I get a Facebook notification, and the "Sound" is set to On in the notification center settings for Facebook. I'll get the notification, but without being alerted by the vibration or sound, it's sort of meaningless to even have. Does anyone have this problem or know how to fix it?

Also, as a side question, is it possible to get iOS notifications when someone likes your status?

I don't believe the sound and/or vibration has ever worked on the Facebook app. Ever.

Puonti

macrumors 68000
Mar 14, 2011
I think I replied to a similar thread before, where I mentioned that ever since updating to iOS 6 Skype's message notifications have mostly not worked while my iPhone's screen is turned off. So it's not just Facebook's app that's not working properly.

The way Skype behaves, I figured it was because it for whatever reason fails to receive notifications from Apple's servers while the phone's asleep. It doesn't just fail to notify me - even if I turn the screen on, there are no notifications for new messages on the lock screen. Neither is Skype's icon notification badge up. I need to unlock the phone, open Skype and wait for a while for it to retrieve new messages.

This is what usually happens (on iOS 6). Once in a blue moon, it actually works as it should for a while and notifies me of new messages while the phone's asleep. I have no idea why.

cdcdoc

macrumors regular
Jul 1, 2012
I had the same problem but after a restart everything was ok :) Lame but it worked ;)

whsbuss

macrumors 601
May 4, 2010
SE Penna.
I don't believe the sound and/or vibration has ever worked on the Facebook app. Ever.

Sure it has. However when FB app was updated back in late August the sound notification has not worked. So this is not an iOS 6 issue that others have mentioned. FB needs to get it fixed. Problem is unless your are a developer you can't submit a support ticket with them.

BlaqkAudio

macrumors 6502
Jun 24, 2008
New York
FB needs to get it fixed. Problem is unless your are a developer you can't submit a support ticket with them.
App: Help Center > Report a Broken Feature

While you won't get responses and a status update on the problem, you still get to report it. Also, many users have reported the issue on their community forums, and someone from support said they're "looking into the issue." I see they're taking their sweet time

whsbuss

macrumors 601
May 4, 2010
SE Penna.
App: Help Center > Report a Broken Feature

While you won't get responses and a status update on the problem, you still get to report it. Also, many users have reported the issue on their community forums, and someone from support said they're "looking into the issue." I see they're taking their sweet time

Thanks... I'll add to the queue of bug reports.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.