Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

dragonball05

macrumors member
Original poster
Jul 19, 2005
I'm looking for a nice wired usb keyboard that would work at the same time with a powerbook and a pc laptop. Any suggestions?

puckhead193

macrumors G3
May 25, 2004
NY
any keyboard really would work, i like apple i have both the USB and bluetooth and i love them both

dmw007

macrumors G4
May 26, 2005
Working for MI-6
G5Unit said:
I perfer logitech cause their stuff just works for me.

Logitech tends to sell very nice peripherals. I loved my MX500 optical mouse when I still used my PeeCee. I also have used some of their keyboards- all worked very nicely.

Can not seem to go wrong with Logitech, at least not
from my very positive experiences with them.

dragonball05

macrumors member
Original poster
Jul 19, 2005
CanadaRAM said:
Define "at the same time"? Do you mean with a USB switchbox?

oh no no. i mean: using it with a mac.. and then my wife using it with her pc laptop. not at really at the same time!!!! i just want it to work with both.
sorry about the confusion.

rickvanr

macrumors 68040
Apr 10, 2002
Brockville
Another vote for the Apple KB. The only Apple KB that I didn't really enjoy was the mini ones that came with the B&W G3, early G4s and iMacs. That being said the new ones are top notch.

dragonball05

macrumors member
Original poster
Jul 19, 2005
puckhead193 said:
any keyboard really would work, i like apple i have both the USB and bluetooth and i love them both

why does logitech's site then have PC on some keyboards and PC.Mac on some others??

Toreador93

macrumors regular
Sep 14, 2003
I just bought an apple keyboard for my PC. My cheap belkin keyboard started having some problems with a few random keys so I thought I'd treat myself to a better keyboard :)

Only things to remember are:

-Alt and Windows key are switched
-"Clear" key on the keypad is Number Lock
-There doesn't appear to be a button that serves as an "insert" key, if you're into that sort of thing

joepunk

macrumors 68030
Aug 5, 2004
a profane existence
I also like the current line of Apple Pro Keyboards that appeared after the mini-keyboard version (which I still have and use).

But, if I had to purchase a separate keyboard then I would go for the $30 USD OS X keyboard or the $99 USD Tactile Pro Keyboard . Both are Matias Products.

Both keyboards are labeled with international characters, accents, punctuation, currency, and other symbols that are available by holding down the Option or Shift+Option keys

dragonball05

macrumors member
Original poster
Jul 19, 2005
devilot76 said:
Hmm, if you still haven't gotten it yet; I like the look of this Macally Keyboard and Mouse Combo and buy(dot)com has a deal for it for only $19.99 here.

the thing is, i've tried the apple keyboard (the system administrator has one) and i liked it... only one question: is it true these get sticky sometimes? that is, sometimes you'd be writing and you get words like thhis. i'm talking about
the newest white apple keyboards..

dragonball05

macrumors member
Original poster
Jul 19, 2005
dragonball05 said:
the thing is, i've tried the apple keyboard (the system administrator has one) and i liked it... only one question: is it true these get sticky sometimes? that is, sometimes you'd be writing and you get words like thhis. i'm talking about
the newest white apple keyboards..

got the apple keyboard, and it is never sticky. works perfectly with both mac and pc. i like it.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.