Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

gusping

macrumors 68000
Original poster
Mar 12, 2012
Hi,

once every hour my iMac with Mountain lion 10.8.2 will freeze and the only way i can turn it off is by holding down the power button on the back. Is there a way i can tell what is causing my Mac to freeze as it is extremely annoying? It never froze of Lion (10.7) yet it freezes on 10.8 and i have not installed any new software which would cause this.

Thanks

Last edited:

Apr 17, 2005
Currently in Switzerland
Hi,

once every hour my iMac with Mountain lion 10.8.3 will freeze and the only way i can turn it off is by holding down the power button on the back. Is there a way i can tell what is causing my Mac to freeze as it is extremely annoying? It never froze of Lion (10.7) yet it freezes on 10.8 and i have not installed any new software which would cause this.

Thanks

You have 10.8.3 installed? Where from?

waynep

macrumors 6502
Dec 31, 2009
Hi,

once every hour my iMac with Mountain lion 10.8.2 will freeze and the only way i can turn it off is by holding down the power button on the back. Is there a way i can tell what is causing my Mac to freeze as it is extremely annoying? It never froze of Lion (10.7) yet it freezes on 10.8 and i have not installed any new software which would cause this.

Thanks

My MBP was doing that when it went to sleep at time. I reset the SMC and the PRAM. So far no lock ups since. That was about 4 days ago.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.