PDA

View Full Version : 2nd-Degree Burns from PowerBook!

ColoJohnBoy
Sep 11, 2005, 10:16 PM
I've had my 15" PowerBook for just over six months now, but a few problems have been cropping up, most noatbly with heat. The area around the power jack has warped, making it difficult to charge the computer. Yesterday, though, my PowerBook got so hot as to give me a second degree burn! I was sitting on the couch, with the laptop on my lap; the corner by the power jack started getting a bit too warm, so I took it off. That spot was a bit hot for the rest of the day, but I thought nothing of it. This morning, though, when I woke up, a huge blister had appeared!

I know this should NOT be happening. Has anybody else had a similar experience, or know of a way to solve the heat issue? The only place I use the PowerBook other than a desk or table is on my lap, a place I thought it would have enough ventilation. If it weren't for me need for portability, I'd trade for an iMac G5, but alas, that won't work.

katie ta achoo
Sep 11, 2005, 10:21 PM
I've had my 15" PowerBook for just over six months now, but a few problems have been cropping up, most noatbly with heat. The area around the power jack has warped, making it difficult to charge the computer. Yesterday, though, my PowerBook got so hot as to give me a second degree burn! I was sitting on the couch, with the laptop on my lap; the corner by the power jack started getting a bit too warm, so I took it off. That spot was a bit hot for the rest of the day, but I thought nothing of it. This morning, though, when I woke up, a huge blister had appeared!

I know this should NOT be happening. Has anybody else had a similar experience, or know of a way to solve the heat issue? The only place I use the PowerBook other than a desk or table is on my lap, a place I thought it would have enough ventilation. If it weren't for me need for portability, I'd trade for an iMac G5, but alas, that won't work.

The burns I have on my thighs from my powerbook are just battle scars.

Usually, they go away within 20 minutes, but a blister!? WTF?

Go ask Apple!

maybe you could also get a little pedestal for it?
xpad (http://www.xpad4laptop.com/) seems to advertise on MR all the time. It looks pretty cool.

Sun Baked
Sep 11, 2005, 10:22 PM
I thought we noted this is a problem with current laptops in the "man burned his genitals with his laptop thread."

Something about prolonged exposure to a heat source.

ColoJohnBoy
Sep 11, 2005, 10:33 PM
Ow. Genitals? Ow. No, mine was only on my leg for about five minutes. I know I'm not sensitive to burns or heat or anything: I used to work as a cook and burnt myself all the time, never this badly though. Perhaps if at Expo Paris Apple releases new PowerBooks based on a lower-power processor I can trade across for that. Because ow.

SummerBreeze
Sep 11, 2005, 10:35 PM
Contrary to popular belief, laptops aren't really meant for your lap. Your body produces a lot of heat, and putting something potentially hot against your already hot skin isn't the best idea. The best thing to do would be to use your powerbook only on a desk, or buy a lap-mat for it.

ColoJohnBoy
Sep 11, 2005, 10:41 PM
I usually don't use it on my lap, but even so, I shouldn't have to buy a third-party product to prevent injury from the use of another product. I loved my PowerBook, but I sincerely hope Apple addresses this in the next revision. Until then, I'll see what I can do about a lap-mat.

dmw007
Sep 11, 2005, 10:47 PM
I usually don't use it on my lap, but even so, I shouldn't have to buy a third-party product to prevent injury from the use of another product. I loved my PowerBook, but I sincerely hope Apple addresses this in the next revision. Until then, I'll see what I can do about a lap-mat.

I agree, If you spend all that cash on a brand-new laptop you should be able to use it on your lap (without getting burns :eek:). Hopefully, the switch to Pentium M chips takes care of this sort of problem.

California
Sep 11, 2005, 10:53 PM
You need to contact Apple about this. They asked me this question the first day I got my first powerbook when I was worried that it would singe my burl wood dining table from the 1930's with its heat. Medical liability on their part here, I'd say. Call 'em.

katie ta achoo
Sep 11, 2005, 10:55 PM
well, I've managed to avoid a lot of burns, I've only gotten my battle scars once or twice (I was in shorts)

I lay down, prop my upper body up to about a 45 degree angle, move my feet so that they're under my knees and rest the powerbook's hinge-edge on my thighs, and latch button on my ombligo.
like this:
(feet side) /\_/()<-- pillow

(BEHOLD MY ASCII!!)
It allows air to circulate around the bottom, and I'm not blocking any ports.

I figure it's all good.

dmw007
Sep 11, 2005, 11:01 PM
You need to contact Apple about this. They asked me this question the first day I got my first powerbook when I was worried that it would singe my burl wood dining table from the 1930's with its heat. Medical liability on their part here, I'd say. Call 'em.

Ya, I would call Apple over this one. It does not seem that your PowerBook should get that hot.

powerbook911
Sep 12, 2005, 12:37 AM
It does sound wrong. Mine never really seems very hot to me. Just warm.

xparaparafreakx
Sep 12, 2005, 07:53 AM
Well I have not been burned yet since I set it to use reduced processing power when I use the battery. However you used it with the cord and it should of been set to highest processing power creating a lot of heat. On the topic of burns, which is hotter to use on the lap, a TiBook 1Ghz or AlBook 1.5Ghz? I used both and the TiBook is hotter.

dcv
Sep 12, 2005, 08:58 AM
Well the PowerBooks do get rather hot, but hot enough to blister your skin? :eek: I'd take it back to Apple and get it checked out if i were you!

As for keeping it cool - don't use it directly on your lap. Buy an iLap or similar product - there is also the iBreeze or Targus Coolpad which may help but personally i really recommend the iLap. It's very comfortable to use, matches the aluminium design, has a nice cushion at the front which is great for wrist support and stops your palms sticking to the front of the PB. It works really well to keep both your lap and the PB cool.

buryyourbrideau
Sep 12, 2005, 09:07 AM
no notebook is meant to lay directly against something. i have a 14in ibook and a ilap and the ilap does not even do that great of a job.

Sun Baked
Sep 12, 2005, 09:17 AM
Looking at the hot water chart, and since aluminum is a darn good conductor of heat.

It's probably somewhere around 120F, at the charging port.

Hot enough to burn you in 5-10 minutes.

Call Apple and tell them you got burned by the machine and the area around the port warped.

---

And before people say 120F is too hot, remember that's a hot summer day here. ;)

zudo
Sep 12, 2005, 09:24 AM
Guys, this sounds crazy! There's no way it should be getting hot enough to warp the case :eek:

You should definitley talk to apple about this I use my 15" pbook on my lap plugged in all the time and while it does get hot it's nothing like that. Plus it only gets hot around the harddisk and in the middle, I don't think there are any components that should be getting so hot up near the power in. Sounds like a fault for sure.

KingSleaze
Sep 12, 2005, 09:43 AM
Read the documentation that comes with it. It is not recommended for use on a lap (or a pillow protected lap). Hard surface only.

Repeat as needed to remember......

Koodauw
Sep 12, 2005, 09:58 AM
I agree, If you spend all that cash on a brand-new laptop you should be able to use it on your lap (without getting burns :eek:). Hopefully, the switch to Pentium M chips takes care of this sort of problem.

I've used plenty of Pentium-m / centrino notebooks than run much hotter than my 12'' PB does. So I doubt this will help that much.

dmw007
Sep 12, 2005, 11:31 AM
I've used plenty of Pentium-m / centrino notebooks than run much hotter than my 12'' PB does. So I doubt this will help that much.

Really? All of the Pentium M equipped laptops that I have seen/used seem to stay pretty cool. For example, my pastor uses a Dell Inspiron 9200 very heavily (ie- DVD creation/editing) and he says that it just about always is cool to the touch.

mwpeters8182
Sep 12, 2005, 11:56 AM
That's why it's somewhat ridiculous to make a laptop, (fine, "notebook") out of metal. First of all, metal conducts heat, making the PB hotter than any other notebook I've used. Second of all, it doesn't take much at all to dent the PB, which is unfortunate, especially for people who need to take them everywhere, there's always going to be small bumps along the way. I take mine on the bus every day - it swerved, I turned, my backpack hit one of the poles on the bus, and now i'm left with a wonderful little dent. The computer still works, albeit with a warped keyboard, so that's good at least.

As for the heat issue, mine gets hot, but not hot enough to burn me. And the aluminum DOES look quite nice.

MWP

wdlove
Sep 12, 2005, 01:11 PM
Sorry about that ColoJohnBoy. You should always have something between the PowerBook and your skin, preferably something that will allow air flow.

Be sure to keep the area of the burn clean. Try to allow it to be open to the air as much as possible when home. When you have clothes on cover ti with a dry sterile dressing. Keep an eye on ti for an infection.

JasonElise1983
Sep 12, 2005, 01:38 PM
You should buy this
http://www.raindesigninc.com/ilap.html

By the way, were you naked when using your laptop. I've used them with pants on and it gets warm, but to burn you, i would think you wouldn't have pants on....just my thought.

ColoJohnBoy
Sep 12, 2005, 01:40 PM
Sorry about that ColoJohnBoy. You should always have something between the PowerBook and your skin, preferably something that will allow air flow.

Be sure to keep the area of the burn clean. Try to allow it to be open to the air as much as possible when home. When you have clothes on cover ti with a dry sterile dressing. Keep an eye on ti for an infection.

Thanks for the advice. I forgot to warn my nephews before visting them; the five-year-old decided to head-butt me and popped the blisters (ew.) Taking care of them, so I should be fine.

I know laptops (We really should stick to calling them portables) aren't to be used on laps, but I'd never had a problem with either of my TiBooks nor my 12" PowerBook, the latter being notorious for heat issues. Strangely enough, though the 12" warped MUCH worse than my current PBook, it never ran nearly as hot.

I've reset the PMU, hoping some glitch just made the processor freak out, but just to be careful I'll be taking little Albert Camus to the Apple Store a bit later.

Maybe I'll guilt them into a free nano ;)

javiercr
Sep 12, 2005, 02:05 PM

I have to say that my PB 12" 1.33 gets much hotter than my work Dell D600 Pentium M 1.6 (or 1.8?)

javiercr
Sep 12, 2005, 02:07 PM
That's why it's somewhat ridiculous to make a laptop, (fine, "notebook") out of metal. First of all, metal conducts heat, making the PB hotter than any other notebook I've used. Second of all, it doesn't take much at all to dent the PB, which is unfortunate, especially for people who need to take them everywhere, there's always going to be small bumps along the way. I take mine on the bus every day - it swerved, I turned, my backpack hit one of the poles on the bus, and now i'm left with a wonderful little dent. The computer still works, albeit with a warped keyboard, so that's good at least.

As for the heat issue, mine gets hot, but not hot enough to burn me. And the aluminum DOES look quite nice.

MWP

Carbon Fiber for the next gen dual P-M PBs :)

ColoJohnBoy
Sep 12, 2005, 02:17 PM
By the way, were you naked when using your laptop.

Yes, I often compute in the nude. I find it connects me, on a very primal level, to my ancestral roots.

:p

I was wearing shorts.

buryyourbrideau
Sep 12, 2005, 02:34 PM
Yes, I often compute in the nude. I find it connects me, on a very primal level, to my ancestral roots.

I was wearing shorts.

looks like good ole bill would give the thumbs up to naked computing. i am following that logic as we speak.

the girlfriend is on her way over!!!

BioBaby
Sep 12, 2005, 02:35 PM
Did you see this?

https://depot.info.apple.com/batteryexchange/index.html?lang=en

My PG G4 is post-Paris 2003 vintage, and it gets hot as Hell... and I live in Texas and should know how hot Hell is! Wish that it had a similar recall. Has anyone seen a battery recall for older PB G4s?

TheMonarch
Sep 12, 2005, 02:40 PM
Read the documentation that comes with it. It is not recommended for use on a lap (or a pillow protected lap). Hard surface only.

Repeat as needed to remember......

While you may be right, there is NO way that a 'notebook' should harm you. Just like apple recalled their batteries because they could harm you. I'm sure he could get a new laptop from apple quite easily as court costs would be a lot more...

wdlove
Sep 12, 2005, 02:52 PM
You should buy this
http://www.raindesigninc.com/ilap.html

By the way, were you naked when using your laptop. I've used them with pants on and it gets warm, but to burn you, i would think you wouldn't have pants on....just my thought.

You can also get a burn through clothing. That is why the device that you mentioned is important.

buryyourbrideau
Sep 12, 2005, 02:55 PM
You can also get a burn through clothing. That is why the device that you mentioned is important.

iLap does a good job of keeping the hot notebook away from you but my iBook still runs hot as hell. cpu temp is always around 130 F

wide
Sep 12, 2005, 03:00 PM
Contrary to popular belief, laptops aren't really meant for your lap. Your body produces a lot of heat, and putting something potentially hot against your already hot skin isn't the best idea. The best thing to do would be to use your powerbook only on a desk, or buy a lap-mat for it.

yes, and the situation with a laptop on your lap is made worse by the lack of ventilation under your computer. all of the heat goes from the computer right into your body.

ColoJohnBoy
Sep 12, 2005, 03:13 PM
Did you see this?

https://depot.info.apple.com/batteryexchange/index.html?lang=en

My PG G4 is post-Paris 2003 vintage, and it gets hot as Hell... and I live in Texas and should know how hot Hell is! Wish that it had a similar recall. Has anyone seen a battery recall for older PB G4s?

Yeah, I'm aware of the program. Currently using the battery Apple sent me as a part of it. I don't know. I'm thinking I should hold out another week, just in case PowerBooks are speed bumped or something, so just in case I get to exchange, I can get brand spanking new :-)

Bern
Sep 12, 2005, 04:04 PM
Yeah, my screen on my Powerbook is so bright I burnt my retinas. As a matter of fact I am not seeing a thing whilst I type this :D

katie ta achoo
Sep 12, 2005, 04:37 PM

Wait, wait wait wait wait..

I need to wear clothing when I use my PowerBook?

THE GENIUS BAR LIED TO ME!

/that's why they asked for pictures.. Hmmm.
//Oh well, it was free.

YS2003
Sep 12, 2005, 09:58 PM
It seems I made a good call by getting iBook for the on the road use while keeping my PBs on iCurve or cool pad. I run a clip-on fan on my desk to cool my 15" PB which is perched on iCurve. My 12" PB is on the cool pad. My 15" Ti is on iCurve. At home, I put my iBook on the cool pad. So, I have been very thorough to keep my Macs in good shape.

If a lady gets a multi million dollar verdict from burning herself with MacDonald's coffee, you should be able to sue Apple for the burn (not that I recommend it).

Rod Rod
Sep 12, 2005, 10:21 PM
I usually don't use it on my lap, but even so, I shouldn't have to buy a third-party product to prevent injury from the use of another product.It's sort of like a motorcycle and a helmet? I hope your burns heal quickly with no complications, and sorry to hear about your nephew popping the blisters.

WillMak
Sep 12, 2005, 10:25 PM
get a lawyer...sounds like you can get some mucho $$$ out of this!

TheMonarch
Sep 12, 2005, 10:29 PM

while I'd try to get a new 'laptop' out of apple fist, I don't see a lawsuit too farfetched. Especially since you can sue (and win) mc Donald's if the pickles are too hot and burn your tongue.

ColoJohnBoy
Sep 12, 2005, 11:30 PM
I suppose I could, but I'm not one for suing anybody, unless truly warranted. Least of all would I want to sue Apple. I'd be happy if I could just get fixed whatever is wrong.

Sun Baked
Sep 12, 2005, 11:51 PM
while I'd try to get a new 'laptop' out of apple fist, I don't see a lawsuit too farfetched. Especially since you can sue (and win) mc Donald's if the pickles are too hot and burn your tongue.You need the universal warning label/sign:

"Warning: The moron reading this warning right now will probably find a way to get hurt no matter what we say. So we've got enough insurance to pay for daisies on you grave."

ColoJohnBoy
Sep 12, 2005, 11:53 PM
You need the universal warning label/sign:

"Warning: The moron reading this warning right now will probably find a way to get hurt no matter what we say. So we've got enough insurance to pay for daisies on you grave."

So I'm a moron, am I? ;)

Sun Baked
Sep 12, 2005, 11:58 PM
So I'm a moron, am I? ;)Every now and then a post will insult 100% of the people that read it, hopefully I'll get quite close to that mark. :D

ColoJohnBoy
Sep 13, 2005, 11:55 AM
Every now and then a post will insult 100% of the people that read it, hopefully I'll get quite close to that mark. :D

Oh sir, how terribly you underestimate me. I'm the youngest of four children. I've endured Indian Spit Torture, the belief until I was 13 that I was adopted, and having my hand dipped in warm water while I slept on a near daily basis.

Dish it out. I dare you.

Makosuke
Sep 13, 2005, 05:55 PM
From the way you describe it it sounds like your PB isn't running the way it should be, although notebooks can get really hot, particularly without proper ventilation underneath (such as when in contact to bare skin), whether Apple or other (hottest notebook I ever used was a Dell, 12" 1st gen PB was the 2nd hottest).

That said, are you aware of "low temperature burns"? Basically, it's what happens when something relatively warm (but not that hot) is in contact with the same piece of skin for an extended period of time. Although it doesn't hurt, and the temperature isn't high, that patch of skin eventually fails to properly move the heat away and ends up incurring cellular damage.

If you read the instructions on any electric heating pad or chemical heat pack you'll see these warnings--it's why you're not supposed to sleep on a heating pad, and a real danger to old folks who move around less and have sensitive skin.

Whether it *should* happen with a computer on your lap is debateable, but it's probably what happened to you--the cells in your skin are comfortable at around 100F, so if you put a 110F laptop on them it doesn't feel that hot but eventually the heat "slow-cooks" the cells under the surface to the point of damage and blistering. Keep in mind that a 105F fever is only 7F above body temperature, but can cause brain damage--cells are sensitive. I don't entirely blame Apple, as this can happen with anything warm, but based on the "laptop" label there should really be warnings or other precautions that they take to keep the botttom cool.

Astral Cars
Sep 13, 2005, 06:15 PM
My powerbook is also quite hot. I haven't burned myself, but I almost always am using it on a desk. Especially the area above the function keys, I believe I could burn myself there and perhaps underneath as well. Anyway, my question is:

Is there a program or a way I can make my fans kick on at a lower temperature or do something to keep it a bit cooler, other than buying some product?

Also, is there a way to have an accurate, current temperature reading from this, it's always the same as it was when it starts up and is it just me or does that seem pretty useless?

By the way, it's a 1.5GHz 15" PB

crazydreaming
Sep 13, 2005, 06:47 PM
My new model 15" Powerbook doesn't seem to be as hot as my old iBook G4 was. I find that using the "Better Battery Performance" option makes it cooler, but it really all depends on what you are doing.

Yea, if you leave it on your lap, or on a blanket or something... It will get pretty hot, but, never warping heat!

ColoJohnBoy
Sep 13, 2005, 07:07 PM
What gets me is that I thought the book was well enough ventilated. I had the front edge, the part with the optical drive slot, resting on the waist of my shorts, and the rear protion resting on my leg. There seemed to plenty of space underneath, on the sides, and between my legs.

And no dirty jokes.

eRondeau
Sep 13, 2005, 08:38 PM
Hey, I'm no Mac genius, but I'm wondering what kind of load you were putting on the CPU when it got so hot. Had you been running iDVD for two hours? Did you have every single application in your dock running at the same time? I've found that my 1GHz G4 iBook stays relatively cool (yes on my lap, or on my bed, or wherever...) as long as I only run one or two applications at a time. When I'm done with something I shut it down. Right now I've only got Mail & Safari running and Temperature Monitor Lite says I'm at a balmy 42-degrees Celcius and holding. But I know from experience that iTunes will bump it up a bit, and iMove or iDVD will soon start the fan running. Nothing is free in this world, and the price of performance is heat.

PS -- Your lawyer wants you to take some photos of your burn, on film if possible.

MacTruck
Sep 13, 2005, 08:50 PM
The powerbook is defective. Return it immediately!

EJBasile
Sep 13, 2005, 09:00 PM
My updated design for a "safe" powerbook.

Lead Bottom to protect *certain* body parts from getting cancer.

and

Rubber layer between lap/desk and lead to reduce heat from making the bottom hot. Also the handrests are covered in rubber two.

ColoJohnBoy
Sep 13, 2005, 09:05 PM
Hey, I'm no Mac genius, but I'm wondering what kind of load you were putting on the CPU when it got so hot. Had you been running iDVD for two hours? Did you have every single application in your dock running at the same time? I've found that my 1GHz G4 iBook stays relatively cool (yes on my lap, or on my bed, or wherever...) as long as I only run one or two applications at a time. When I'm done with something I shut it down. Right now I've only got Mail & Safari running and Temperature Monitor Lite says I'm at a balmy 42-degrees Celcius and holding. But I know from experience that iTunes will bump it up a bit, and iMove or iDVD will soon start the fan running. Nothing is free in this world, and the price of performance is heat.

PS -- Your lawyer wants you to take some photos of your burn, on film if possible.

Same as you, I was running only Safari and Mail. And who's my lawyer? Seriously, I'm fine, it was just a little burn. Nothing over which to file a lawsuit.

bodeh6
Sep 13, 2005, 10:02 PM
I heard that Powerbooks could sterilize men so that is why I got the iBook. :D

katie ta achoo
Sep 13, 2005, 10:06 PM
:confused: :confused:

In my experience, the iBook gets hotter than the PB!

I'm so glad I don't have to worry about that kinda stuff, and if I ever get a Mac for my (yet to be named) boyfriend/husband/man who buys me things he's getting a Mini!

Or steel boxers. That'd be so cool!

Rod Rod
Sep 13, 2005, 10:26 PM
:confused: :confused:

In my experience, the iBook gets hotter than the PB!

I'm so glad I don't have to worry about that kinda stuff, and if I ever get a Mac for my (yet to be named) boyfriend/husband/man who buys me things he's getting a Mini!

Or steel boxers. That'd be so cool!Because of your new Steve Jobs avatar, I thought you were iGary.

katie ta achoo
Sep 13, 2005, 10:30 PM
Because of your new Steve Jobs avatar, I thought you were iGary.

bla. Due to the iGary confusion and massive nausea that comes with watching it for more than 2 seconds, I'll make a new one tonight.

My thinking behind animating the swirlie doo:
1 hypnotize people
2 have them buy me nanos
3 YESSSS
4 KT is happy, has army of Mac-Nuts to do her bidding.

...I really need to lay off the cold meds. :eek:

edit:
now, delightfully wiggly alan greenspan. Enjoy.
/still needs an army
//and learn how to be OT.

Xephian
Sep 13, 2005, 10:32 PM
Wow, Lol. My 17" PB gets really hot at times too. Not very comfortable to use on your lap for a long time.

ColoJohnBoy
Sep 13, 2005, 10:51 PM

I plan on adopting. Who cares about sperm when you can have extra megahertz?!?!

katie ta achoo
Sep 13, 2005, 10:51 PM
Wow, Lol. My 17" PB gets really hot at times too. Not very comfortable to use on your lap for a long time.
I know this is kinda OT (but that's my style)
but isn't the 17" PB too big to use comfortably on your lap?

That thing.. it's HUGE! (granted, I thought the same thing when I got the 15", but still.. it's big!)

don't you feel like a tiny little person when you use it? Are you dwarfed by it?

I've always been curious about people with 17" PowerBooks.

I am a nerd.

and does it get hotter than the 15" or 12"?

I may have to test out some at the Apple Store.. HmmmMMMm!

Rod Rod
Sep 13, 2005, 11:15 PM
bla. Due to the iGary confusion and massive nausea that comes with watching it for more than 2 seconds, I'll make a new one tonight.Sorry! I didn't find the crystal ball thing nauseating. I just had to do a double-take is all. :)edit:
now, delightfully wiggly alan greenspan. Enjoy.
/still needs an army
//and learn how to be OT.Nice. :)

Abstract
Sep 13, 2005, 11:33 PM
I lay down, prop my upper body up to about a 45 degree angle, move my feet so that they're under my knees and rest the powerbook's hinge-edge on my thighs, and latch button on my ombligo.
like this:
(feet side) /\_/()<-- pillow

(BEHOLD MY ASCII!!)

Wow, just.......wow.

ColoJohnBoy
Sep 14, 2005, 03:35 PM
What the hell. That's what I say, what the hell. Took the PowerBook into the Apple Store, explained the situation. Without bothering to turn it on or even glance at it, the Mac Genius asks:

Genius: Does it turn on? Function properly? Does the screen ever become distorted.
Me: No, it works fine, as far as all that's concerned.
Genius: Then it's alright. If it was overheating you'd notice a change in performance.
Me: Dude, it burnt my leg. I'll show you the blisters. That's not overheating?
Genius: No PowerBook gets that hot.
Me: It got hot enough to warp the metal.
Genius: (Finally looking at the laptop) Do you see the plastic in the modem port? That would melt before the PowerBook was hot enough to warp. You must have bumped it against something.

So. Wow. Not how the Geniuses were when I worked there three years ago.

devilot
Sep 14, 2005, 03:38 PM
That is a load of turd.

You need to either talk to a store manager or call AppleCare.

I don't care what they want to tell you-- a computer product should not get hot enough to give somebody a second degree burn. Period.