Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Woodcrest64

macrumors 65816
Aug 14, 2006
Yeah should be no problem. I've seen others use a similar setup.

My 2012 MBA is arriving tomorrow (upgrading from 2011) and I have a question regarding external displays.
I currently have my MBA hooked up to a Samsung 27" 1080p monitor. Now, as the air only has one TB/video out port, it won't be possible to connect a second monitor, right? (TB display is not an option, I know these can be daisychained on the 2012 model)
So basically, if I wanted to connect a second Samsung screen, I'd have to buy THIS and hook the monitors up with a VGA cable (I know HDMI is better, but VGA was fine so far).
Does anyone have a similiar setup or the possibility to test this combination?

And PLEASE, no posts about how the HD4000 can't handle this - I'm not doing anything resource intense and my 2011 MBA handles an external screen fine.

Cheers:apple:

wditters

macrumors member
Apr 10, 2012
So basically, if I wanted to connect a second Samsung screen, I'd have to buy THIS and hook the monitors up with a VGA cable (I know HDMI is better, but VGA was fine so far).
Does anyone have a similiar setup or the possibility to test this combination?
Cheers:apple:

I am using the DualHead2Go DP on my MBA 2012, and have connected 2 x 24" Lenovo at 1920x1200, giving me a desktop of 3840x1200. The Matrox software allows me to maximize applications to 1 screen so this works perfectly.

There is one thing that you should consider though. The Dualhead2Go DP hat I use has Displayport (DP) in and DP out. The Dualhead2Go ME has DP in and DVI out. You will have to check what your screen's capabilities are *before* picking the right Dualhead2Go adapter. The Intel HD 4000 in any case handles this with ease ...

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.