Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Randell

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Nov 11, 2012
I bought a Mac Mini and decided that I want to go ahead and just get the new iMac so I need to do a factory reset on the Mini. How do I do this?

Sorry, I know its a noob question and that's just what I am, this is my first Mac :eek:

mohsy90

macrumors 65816
Feb 4, 2011
New York
I bought a Mac Mini and decided that I want to go ahead and just get the new iMac so I need to do a factory reset on the Mini. How do I do this?

Sorry, I know its a noob question and that's just what I am, this is my first Mac :eek:

Well, what model year is it and what OS is it running? Did it come with any restore CDs?

If it came with Lion or ML, it should have a recovery partition in which you can boot into. You then go to disk utility, erase the hard drive, and then reinstall the OS.

Google around, tons of threads on this.

Randell

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Nov 11, 2012
OK, another question (sorry). I'm using a regular keyboard, one made for Windows, I know the "Windows" key is supposed to act as the Command key, but it isn't working. I'm lost.

FYI, I'm waiting for my Apple kb to come in, using this as an alternative for now.

----------

Never mind, I'm an idiot. lol:rolleyes:

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.