Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

twoodcc

macrumors P6
Original poster
Feb 3, 2005
Right side of wrong
i just got a nano and it's my first "real" ipod. (shuffle really doesn't count)

how do i make playlists? do i have to make the playlists on itunes, or can i do it with just the nano?

does it keep track of how many times each song is played? (like itunes does) for "my top 25 played" playlist?

any other pointers?

mad jew

Moderator emeritus
Apr 3, 2004
Adelaide, Australia
Easiest way to make playlists is through iTunes however you can make temporary ones on the iPod which will transfer across when you next plug it into your computer. They are called On-The-Go playlists and they simply require you to hold down the centre button over a song/artist/album/whatever until it flashes (a second or so) for it to be added.

It will keep count of how many times you play songs too, and this will be added to your iTunes totals AFAIK, just as they would have been for your Shuffle.

Both PCs and Macs offer the same features now that you can sync Outlook with the iPod.

shadowmoses

macrumors 68000
Mar 6, 2005
twoodcc said:
thanks. i used my pc to put music on it, so now can i hook it up to my mac? or will i have to format?

how do i sync it with ical?

Its already formatted to work with mac and PC so you should be able to plug it in and transfer.

To sync with iCal open up iSync in the apps folder and work from there, your nano has to be plugged in though,

SHadoW

mad jew

Moderator emeritus
Apr 3, 2004
Adelaide, Australia
In Tiger, iCal syncing is done through iTunes. Navigate to the iTunes preferences and in the iPod section, go to Calendars (or something to that effect). :)

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.