Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Chundles

macrumors G5
Jul 4, 2005
dragonball05 said:
I'm thinking of buying this mouse:

http://www.logitech.com/index.cfm/products/details/US/EN,CRID=2135,CONTENTID=8463

(bascially because it is cordless, has a cordless receiver, works with both PC and Mac, and I liked the feel of it when I tried it earlier at Ciruit City)

anybody knows about its performance though?!!

comments??

Yeah, I've given it a go down at the local office shop and it looks and feels good, with my experience with Logitech make sure you go to the Logitech homepage and download the lastest copy of their Control Centre software for Mac - my old wireless mouse and keyboard didn't work quite as well as I would have liked until I did that - then they were great.

Maxiseller

macrumors 6502a
Jan 11, 2005
Little grey, chilly island.
I brought the MX500 a couple of years ago from Logitech, but it just doesn't work anymore. For example, a left click on a folder will then move the folder around the page as you move your mouse rather than highlighting it, and it refuses to double click anything etc.

I'm not sure if it's the software, but it's happened on 3 macs I have, very intermittantly. The strange thing, is if you unplug the USB cable, and put it back again it will work fine...for a few hours and then we're back to the beginning of the story.

Just my bad experience.

dragonball05

macrumors member
Original poster
Jul 19, 2005
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.