Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

orangensaft

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jan 5, 2011
Hey everybody,

I really need your help. I've been working on an imovie trailer for hours now. Though there is no option to save my work I've trusted the autosave function - that was my fault.
A few minutes ago the program didn't respond and quit. After restarting my current project is gone:(

Do I have any options to get my work back? I'd really really appreciate your help! I've put a lot of energy in this movie...

Thank you!

Greetings,
os

daybreak

macrumors 6502a
Sep 4, 2009
Let start from the beginning. Firstly look at the information you are presenting?
iMovie....What version??????? Autosave.......What Mac???????? Do you have TimeMachine??????????
A little start. Open your Hard Drive and take a good look. Need the above information.
Look at "History" on your Mac????:confused:

orangensaft

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jan 5, 2011
Sorry for not delivering some information.

I use iMovie'11 (v 9.0.8 - 1778) on a MBP 13 (early 2011)

I also have a time machine and tried to recover a file 2 hours before the crash.

There is also a *.rcproject file in the iMovie Project folder but whenever I open it the project I am looking for is still missing.

Thanks!

daybreak

macrumors 6502a
Sep 4, 2009
In your project is it telling you that the file is missing its link?. Open up history and see if you can see if it shows up the project it was working on.
Open your hard drive and see your Events folder on iMovie also open your Project folder and have a look.
The time of working on your projects was TimeMachine "ON or "Off", you say automatic what was automatic?
Are you working from an external H|Drive? with your video footage.
Just out of interest check your "Trash Bin"
For some unknown reason iMovie shut you down, could be a file.
After all that open iMovie and ask it to open last working project.:confused:

daybreak

macrumors 6502a
Sep 4, 2009
Sorry gave wrong information iMovie 9 dont have events. Was thinking on something else.
Also check your Quicktime files and open your files on the day it went off in TimeMachine.:mad:

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.