Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

RMXO

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Sep 1, 2009
http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=1976429

There's a thread about a lot of folks from XDA being able to get the AT&T Galaxy Note 2 for less than the listed $299.99. I got mine for $153 after discount & credit on next bill.

It took patience, I had to make over 6 calls to an AT&T CS Rep. I was kind & thoughtful when speaking to all of them. I kept getting turned down or them saying there is no such deal but I kept on trying until I got lucky with the 6th call.

David is his name & was kind enough to give me the deal of $270 ($29.99 discount) & a credit of $117 on my next bill with free next day air shipping from UPS.

There are other people that were able to get even lower price than I did but basically they had to do the same. Be nice when calling & keep on calling until you get the right CS Rep that will give you the pricing you want.

GL if you decide to go this route & it's so much worth. As a previous owner of the GSII, III & Original Note. This is so much better.

Best part if that you can go into the Development Forums of XDA to start rooting & modding your phone already. Multi-View is pretty sweet.

Last edited:

ChrisTX

macrumors 68030
Dec 30, 2009
Texas
http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=1976429

There's a thread about a lot of folks from XDA being able to get the AT&T Galaxy Note 2 for less than the listed $299.99. I got mine for $153 after discount & credit on next bill.

It took patience, I had to make over 6 calls to an AT&T CS Rep. I was kind & thoughtful when speaking to all of them. I kept getting turned down or them saying there is no such deal but I kept on trying until I got lucky with the 6th call.

David is his name & was kind enough to give me the deal of $270 ($29.99 discount) & a credit of $117 on my next bill with free next day air shipping from UPS.

There are other people that were able to get even lower price than I did but basically they had to do the same. Be nice when calling & keep on calling until you get the right CS Rep that will give you the pricing you want.

GL if you decide to go this route & it's so much worth. As a previous owner of the GSII, III & Original Note. This is so much better.

Best part if that you can go into the Development Forums of XDA to start rooting & modding your phone already. Multi-View is pretty sweet.

I have a Galaxy SIII with no upgrade do you think I would have any luck trying this?

F123D

macrumors 68040
Sep 16, 2008
Del Mar, CA
If you just upgraded earlier this year, you could try but the odds are against you. I've seen AT&T allow early upgrades a couple months early and even up to a year early but they've been customers for over 10 years.

All it takes is just one nice rep though..

kiltedthrower

macrumors regular
Aug 24, 2012
After purchasing through Best Buy and having their insurance and buy back, I'm sold on going through BB. No deductible replacements and I can trade in my Note 1 to get credit towards a note 2

F123D

macrumors 68040
Sep 16, 2008
Del Mar, CA
I've read on the XDA forums that even if you purchased your Note II through AT&T, you can still go to Best Buy to get it insured.

hyteckit

Jul 29, 2007
Got my Note 2 for $199 from AT&T.

Only tried calling once.

I guess if I tried 6 times, I might be able to get it for $100 or $50. Haha..

I don't qualify for an upgrade till May 2013. They won't let me upgrade to an iPhone 5 right now. Said they'll let me upgrade to Android phones.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.