PDA

View Full Version : WTB: Office 2004 from a college student

Chef Medeski
Sep 12, 2005, 03:51 PM
I wanted to purchase this software. I know that many people can get really good discounts from their college retailer. I was wondering if any college students would be willing to sell me it for cheap. I really just want the number, cause I alreay have the software.

ohcrap
Sep 12, 2005, 03:57 PM
How do you have the software and not a "number" (assuming you mean a serial/registration number)??

dops7107
Sep 12, 2005, 04:11 PM
Alert... Alert... thread about to be mothballed... :D

rickvanr
Sep 12, 2005, 04:20 PM
.. for your addiction ..

Chef Medeski
Sep 12, 2005, 04:27 PM
How do you have the software and not a "number" (assuming you mean a serial/registration number)??
Office 2004 came with my powerbook, but its a trial. I am fairly certain its the full version. But, I may be wrong.

ohcrap
Sep 12, 2005, 04:50 PM
Read what you just wrote.

wnameth
Sep 12, 2005, 05:08 PM
Office 2004 came with my powerbook, but its a trial. I am fairly certain its the full version. But, I may be wrong.

it is in a way, you have to write the number into it somewhere under upgrade or something, it should work in theory

ohcrap
Sep 12, 2005, 05:19 PM
Either way, I believe what you're wanting to do is illegal. Good luck! :D

mbl42
Sep 12, 2005, 05:29 PM
I have 2003...if you are interested.

Josh2022
Sep 12, 2005, 05:35 PM
Either way, I believe what you're wanting to do is illegal. Good luck! :D

Hows it illegal? He has the 30-Day free trial that comes with mac, and he wants to buy a serial number for it.. Thats not illegal.. if he was getting a crack for it or something, THEN it would be illegal, but atleast hes buying it. lol

ohcrap
Sep 12, 2005, 05:37 PM
It seemed to me as though he was asking to reuse a serial number which has already been used in the past as a way to avoid buying the serial number legitimately. Maybe I'm wrong, it's happened before. :D

Chef Medeski
Sep 12, 2005, 06:00 PM
Hows it illegal? He has the 30-Day free trial that comes with mac, and he wants to buy a serial number for it.. Thats not illegal.. if he was getting a crack for it or something, THEN it would be illegal, but atleast hes buying it. lol
Correct!

Cloud9
Sep 12, 2005, 06:15 PM
I am having a similar issue, kinda anyway... Actually I want to know if what I want to do is legal.

I am not a student. If someone on ebay or amazon etc, is selling their academicly lisensed software USED may I purchase the product from them legally and use it even though I am not a student?

I am confused about this and I dont want to be a criminal. Example is it legit for me to buy Academic version of software "x" USED, though I am not a student.

CanadaRAM
Sep 12, 2005, 06:26 PM
The Microsoft Student/Teacher and Academic version EULAs say "Thou shalt not resell the software".

Part of the tradeoff for the much reduced cost is you don't get to sell it if you are done using it. You also don't get to run the "Harry's Education Software Store" for all your friends.

So the answer is:
Just go and buy the friggin' software for $100 after rebate or whatever the deal is from Apple or your school. You're already getting about $300 off what the rest of us pay.

Remember to delete the trial .... TRIAL.... version from your hard drive before you install the real one.

Chef Medeski
Sep 12, 2005, 06:34 PM
The Microsoft Student/Teacher and Academic version EULAs say "Thou shalt not resell the software".

Part of the tradeoff for the much reduced cost is you don't get to sell it if you are done using it. You also don't get to run the "Harry's Education Software Store" for all your friends.

So the answer is:
Just go and buy the friggin' software for $100 after rebate or whatever the deal is from Apple or your school. You're already getting about $300 off what the rest of us pay.

Remember to delete the trial .... TRIAL.... version from your hard drive before you install the real one.
Really, why do we need to delete the trial. How odd, I guess I was wrong. Well, for anyone who is looking for a steal on Office. That $100 Office at the Apple Store can be used in conjunction witht he Microsoft $35 mail-in rebate. Meaning that it is only $65. Now, while they both ask for the actual tops, when I called Microsoft they said just to make a copy and ship it to them and they would send back my check. Pretty good if you ask me. I guess I don't need a black market copy. Everyone happy who was crying wolf.

benwa02
Sep 12, 2005, 08:15 PM
Really, why do we need to delete the trial. How odd, I guess I was wrong. Well, for anyone who is looking for a steal on Office. That $100 Office at the Apple Store can be used in conjunction witht he Microsoft $35 mail-in rebate. Meaning that it is only $65. Now, while they both ask for the actual tops, when I called Microsoft they said just to make a copy and ship it to them and they would send back my check. Pretty good if you ask me. I guess I don't need a black market copy. Everyone happy who was crying wolf.

Are you for real??? I saw this question in another thread and others said you couldnt do this because both rebates required the original UPC thing or whatever on the top of the package. Sounds too good to be true. That is a deal.