PDA

View Full Version : Elevation Lab Releases Lightning Adapter for Popular iPhone Dock

MacRumors
Nov 14, 2012, 02:29 PM
http://images.macrumors.com/im/macrumorsthreadlogo.gif (http://www.macrumors.com/2012/11/14/elevation-lab-releases-lightning-adapter-for-popular-iphone-dock/)

http://images.macrumors.com/article-new/2012/11/NewImage17.png
Elevation Lab has released a $15 adapter (http://www.elevationlab.com/products/lightning-adapter) that allows its popular Kickstarter project, the Elevation Dock (http://www.elevationlab.com/), to be used with the iPhone 5. The company is also selling an $89 redesigned dock that is specifically designed (http://www.elevationlab.com/products/elevationdock-for-iphone5) for the iPhone 5.

With either solution, users need to provide their own Lightning to USB Cable (http://store.apple.com/us/product/MD818ZM/A/lightning-to-usb-cable).

http://images.macrumors.com/article-new/2012/11/NewImage18.png

Article Link: Elevation Lab Releases Lightning Adapter for Popular iPhone Dock (http://www.macrumors.com/2012/11/14/elevation-lab-releases-lightning-adapter-for-popular-iphone-dock/)

sesnir
Nov 14, 2012, 02:41 PM
It certainly looks good, but it's way too expensive for a dock imo.

LimeiBook86
It's nice to see that all you need is a new cable holder (and cable) for the iPhone 5 to work with the dock. They could have easily told you to buy a brand new dock. Smart move. :)

Elvin77
Doesn't anyone else find that to be a bit insane?

DrJohnnyN
Nov 14, 2012, 02:42 PM
The blue dock looks nice.

Glassed Silver
Nov 14, 2012, 02:52 PM
89 USD for a flipping dock and not even the cable is supplied?
Thunderboltastic!

Now I know why they can't supply the cable, but I'm really mocking the price here...
meh...

Glassed Silver:mac

CarlJ
Nov 14, 2012, 02:53 PM
It's spendy because it's a solid block of CNC-machined aluminum. Won't leap off the desk when you pick up the phone (even when connected via old-school 30-pin connector). Was a very popular Kickstarter project.

Smileyboy
Nov 14, 2012, 02:55 PM
Ordered mine. W00t. Can't wait to get it.

bigcat318
Nov 14, 2012, 02:58 PM

Yes, quite insane.

Smileyboy
Nov 14, 2012, 03:00 PM
Yes, quite insane.

Which part?:D

pgiguere1
Nov 14, 2012, 03:03 PM
The only thing insane is that there's still no freaking approved iPhone 5 dock that you can buy right now, 2 months after launch.

These guys could charge as much they want for it, there's no competition.

Also, these guys are a small startup designing and manufacturing docks in the US from CNC machined solid aluminium.

Their margins are undoubtedly proportionally lower than those of these well-known brands who will sell you mass-produced plastic-molded docks made in China for around $30.

fruitpunch.ben
Nov 14, 2012, 03:04 PM
Does anyone know if audio out will be possible either with the iPhone 5 dock or the new adaptor? I am happy just to plug in my own 3.5mm cable, but i'm not sure if that will work

daneoni
Nov 14, 2012, 03:05 PM
lol...$89 for a dock? i'd rather put the phone on the floor whilst it's charging.

ghostface147
Nov 14, 2012, 03:08 PM
89 bucks for a dock is insane. Apple only charged about 30 bucks for theirs I think.

Kaibelf
Nov 14, 2012, 03:11 PM

Depends. I mean, to some, it's just a piece of colored machined metal. To others, it's a decorative accent piece. After all, isn't $1000 too much for a stuffed bag of polyester and feathers? Some colored oil on fabric sells for tens of thousands of dollars. How about a bunch of animal skins stitched together by cotton? Is that really worth hundreds? Yet people still buy beds, paintings, and leather coats.

mr.johnnyboy
Nov 14, 2012, 03:15 PM
What's so nice about it? Rather wait for another 2 months than pay $100 for that!

charliex5
Nov 14, 2012, 03:18 PM
Depends. I mean, to some, it's just a piece of colored machined metal. To others, it's a decorative accent piece. After all, isn't $1000 too much for a stuffed bag of polyester and feathers? Some colored oil on fabric sells for tens of thousands of dollars. How about a bunch of animal skins stitched together by cotton? Is that really worth hundreds? Yet people still buy beds, paintings, and leather coats.

YES! Appreciation of craft and thoughtfulness in design is something I thought I'd see more of on an Apple forum.

Nope. It seems to all boil down to price. Bring on the cheap plastic crap!

OldSchoolMacGuy
Nov 14, 2012, 03:23 PM
Price is crazy. I can get a membership at The Mill (http://www.mnmill.org) and a chunk of aluminum and make them myself for less.

bigcat318
Nov 14, 2012, 03:27 PM

Wow the marketing teams really got to you. Decorative accent piece lol

8CoreWhore
Nov 14, 2012, 03:33 PM
I ordered one of these several days ago. Minutes later I realized it doesn't support the docks that have the optical-out feature. I immediately emailed them to cancel the order. I still haven't back from them on that, instead, they sent me an email that my order shipped. I looked at the tracking info - and it turns out it refers to the dock that shipped several months ago.

Good luck dealing with them.

:mad:

CarlJ
Nov 14, 2012, 03:33 PM
I think many people are missing the point -- this article isn't saying "hey, a new dock has been announced for the iPhone 5, so if you've been waiting for an iPhone 5 dock, here you go", rather it's saying "Elevation Labs, makers of a really expensive custom iPhone dock that was wildly popular on Kickstarter, have announced an adaptor to allow their existing dock to be used with the iPhone 5; this should be popular with their existing customers - oh, and you can also buy the dock along with the new adapter (for a very high price) if you feel so inclined."

They set out to build the Rolls Royce of docks for the iPhone 4, and largely achieved that, then Apple surprised everyone by changing the dock connector after a decade of sameness, and shortly after Elevation Labs got all those Kickstarted docks out the door. If you want a super-high-end dock, this is for you, if you'd rather put your phone on the floor/desk/ceiling (or in a not-yet-shipping cheaper dock), nobody's twisting your arm to buy one. To finish the analogy, people don't normally get all worked up merely because luxury cars exist.

bigcat318
Nov 14, 2012, 03:38 PM
Luxury phone dock. The term luxury is thrown around way too often.

mrgraff
Nov 14, 2012, 03:44 PM
I think many people are missing the point -- this article isn't saying "hey, a new dock has been announced for the iPhone 5, so if you've been waiting for an iPhone 5 dock, here you go"...To be fair, in addition to your clarification, it does say that too:

"The company is also selling an $89 redesigned dock that is specifically designed for the iPhone 5."

And seriously, $89 is too much.

tmanto02
Nov 14, 2012, 03:54 PM
I have always been a fan of the Elevation Dock! The solid steel design and one hand dock/undock is great! However I think I will wait until a proper Elevation Dock for iPhone 5 comes out.

Maybe by then I would have saved up enough :p

CarlJ
Nov 14, 2012, 04:07 PM
To be fair, in addition to your clarification, it does say that too:

"The company is also selling an $89 redesigned dock that is specifically designed for the iPhone 5."

Noted. Though to be fair, the article gets it wrong when it says "specifically designed for the iPhone 5" -- go look at the page linked in that sentence, and you won't find that text, instead you'll see their iPhone 4 dock with the same red iPhone 5 Lightning adapter inserted, and under that picture, the wording, "Lightning mount. Your cord fits securely inside the dock with our all-metal Lightning Adapter." So, I stand by my wording of, "oh, and you can also buy the dock along with the new adapter (for a very high price)".

Debate whether the price is reasonable all you want. I'm just trying to point out that a) the article was really about the availability of the adapter, not advertising a new dock, and b) they set out to make an expensive "cost-no-object" dock, and found an audience -- they got over 12K backers on Kickstarter (was kind of a sensation at the time, raised $1.4M of their $75K goal). To fault a Ferrari for being too expensive for practical around-town use is to miss the point of a Ferrari.

lowbatteries
Nov 14, 2012, 04:15 PM
I ordered one of these several days ago. Minutes later I realized it doesn't support the docks that have the optical-out feature. I immediately emailed them to cancel the order. I still haven't back from them on that, instead, they sent me an email that my order shipped. I looked at the tracking info - and it turns out it refers to the dock that shipped several months ago.

Good luck dealing with them.

:mad:

What exactly are you talking about?

macs4nw
Nov 14, 2012, 04:17 PM
Judging by the good reviews, it appears to be a beautiful little dock, solid, and well constructed. But for that price, they could have made it a dual dock, with two charging bays, or at the very least they should have included the Lightning cable. :(

juanster
Nov 14, 2012, 04:38 PM
Hahahah. An apple forum complaining about overpriced anything? Dudes we own the most overpriced phones and laptops in the market. 89 is nothing to the amounts we pay for apple products.

allapon
Nov 14, 2012, 04:39 PM
I already have Elevation dock for quite sometime. I return all of my speaker dock and use this dock to use my iPhone as Alarm Clock.

I also order lightning adapter to use it with iPhone 5 too. I plan to upgrade my iPhone next year, might wait for iPhone 5s to release next years. No need to nut new dock!!!

laxman101
Nov 14, 2012, 04:49 PM
I also got a dock from the kickstarter campaign, and I love it. I use it bedside to charge my phone overnight and as an alarm stand in the morning for it. Works and looks amazing. It really is a just a beautiful piece of metal.

Sardonick007
Nov 14, 2012, 04:51 PM
I'm sure many will find this perfectly acceptable and awesome, but $89 for a piece of aluminum as a dock is simply not for me. I'm really surprised that people will spend this much money on something that does nothing but hold up a phone.

nsfw
Nov 14, 2012, 04:56 PM
I bought the dock early on for much lower than what its being sold for now. It was a great dock for 30 pin iphones and mac users. The metal base pretty much matches the aluminum chassis of the mac mini on my desk.
As previously mentioned, its expensive but it was a great way to stand up my phone and watch notifications as they came in. Of course charging was a bonus too.
After all the kudos, there was one important reason I bought the dock. They made a 30 pin low friction connector. You could pull your iphone straight up and the base wouldn't jump all over the place. I was sold on this reason alone.
Not unfortunately thats lost. Even though they have made the lightning adaptor(which I purchased) The phone will pull the dock up off the desk so you have to pull the phone with one hand and hold the dock with the other. I know first world problems, but the main selling point of the device is gone now.

fruitpunch.ben
Nov 14, 2012, 06:19 PM
I bought the dock early on for much lower than what its being sold for now. It was a great dock for 30 pin iphones and mac users. The metal base pretty much matches the aluminum chassis of the mac mini on my desk.
As previously mentioned, its expensive but it was a great way to stand up my phone and watch notifications as they came in. Of course charging was a bonus too.
After all the kudos, there was one important reason I bought the dock. They made a 30 pin low friction connector. You could pull your iphone straight up and the base wouldn't jump all over the place. I was sold on this reason alone.
Not unfortunately thats lost. Even though they have made the lightning adaptor(which I purchased) The phone will pull the dock up off the desk so you have to pull the phone with one hand and hold the dock with the other. I know first world problems, but the main selling point of the device is gone now.

Are you sure that's the case?
Because if so the dock+ (http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/dockplus/charging-dock-for-iphone-5?ref=live) is looking much more attractive. It's made out of solid steel so it's heavy enough to stay on the desk when pulling up the iPhone 5 (watch the video). Sure steel isn't as pretty as aluminium, but they make a nice matt black version

longhegrin
Nov 14, 2012, 06:30 PM
It certainly looks good, but it's way too expensive for a dock imo.

sesnir, if you cannot afford this, then don't buy it. Nobody is forcing you, sesnir.

Likewise, if you think a BMW X6 is way too expensive, then don't buy one.

----------

Hahahah. An apple forum complaining about overpriced anything? Dudes we own the most overpriced phones and laptops in the market. 89 is nothing to the amounts we pay for apple products.

Finally, somebody with brains!
Yes. $89 is nothing compared to the amounts we pay for Apple products.

Maybe the people complaining here do not own any Apple products, they might just enjoy complaining.

----------

No. Nobody else finds this to be a bit insane.

Mostly because none of us are forced to buy this. Our iPhone 5 works perfectly without this dock. We can easily choose not to buy this.

If you cannot afford to buy this, don't whine and complain about it. It is not their fault you don't have enough money. Would you blame BMW and Audi for making cars that you cannot afford, Elvin77 ??

aajeevlin
Nov 14, 2012, 06:38 PM
sesnir, if you cannot afford this, then don't buy it. Nobody is forcing you, sesnir.

----------

Finally, somebody with brains!
Yes. $89 is nothing compared to the amounts we pay for Apple products.

Maybe the people complaining here do not own any Apple products, they might just enjoy complaining.

----------

No. Nobody else finds this to be a bit insane.

Mostly because none of us are forced to buy this. Our iPhone 5 works perfectly without this dock. We can easily choose not to buy this.

If you cannot afford to buy this, don't whine and complain about it. It is not their fault you don't have enough money. Would you blame BMW and Audi for making cars that you cannot afford, Elvin77 ??

Somebody with a brain? That statement is completely untrue. "We own the most overpriced phone"? What are you talking about? Most people get their iphone 4,4s, and 5 for $200 dollars, same as all other Moto, Samsung, Nokia phones. No, let's not go into the whole, you are paying it off with monthly fee. Because all the other smartphone users are paying the SAME THING. I never understand why people say iPhone is expensive when almost all brand of smartphones falls within the $200 price range. Now, if you want to tell me an unsubsidized iPhone is $650+, well look again, any Moto or Samsung unsubsidized phone are also around that price.

mrfoof82
Nov 14, 2012, 07:24 PM
Have one. Miles better than the iPhone-specific docks or Apple Universal Dock. Almost zero insertion effort, and always a simple clean one-handed removal.

I got in early on the adapters when Marco Arment spilled the beans before Elevation had officially announced it.

My iPhone 5 arrives tomorrow, so my adapter (and hopefully a second dock if my family reads my wish list) can't come soon enough.

RMo
Nov 14, 2012, 10:06 PM
The only thing insane is that there's still no freaking approved iPhone 5 dock that you can buy right now, 2 months after launch.

These guys could charge as much they want for it, there's no competition.

Not entirely true--there was a story a while back about Belkin's Charge + Sync Dock (http://www.belkin.com/us/F8J057-Belkin/p/P-F8J057). Of course, it's about the same as this--you need to bring your own cable. Some day...

iRCL
Nov 14, 2012, 10:11 PM
Judging by the good reviews, it appears to be a beautiful little dock, solid, and well constructed. But for that price, they could have made it a dual dock, with two charging bays, or at the very least they should have included the Lightning cable. :(

Great plan, and then they could have made it also charge anything taking mini-usb, and also allow iPads to sit in it sideways, and also allow it to float through magnetic turbines, and given it away for free, and made it have flashing LEDs on it!

I think you miss the point of "understated simplicity"

Although IMO the dock is too fat and clunky looking

3N16MA
Nov 14, 2012, 11:01 PM
This in no way should be compared to the $30 dock Apple once sold. It's like comparing the fit and finish of a MBP to a cheap all plastic notebook. I have one of these docks from the Kickstarter project and the finish is as good as it gets. Solid piece of aluminum machined into what you see, takes the iPhone with most cases left on, can easily take the phone out with one hand without lifting the whole unit.

The price is high because you're paying for something that was mostly built in the U.S. and also has a fit and finish beyond that of most docks. No one complains when Apple charges a higher price for their premium build.

Dominicanyor
Nov 14, 2012, 11:58 PM
I wonder of the 4s has one??

ctcampbell
Nov 15, 2012, 04:03 AM
So they are producing an aluminium dock for me to put my aluminium phone into? And they don't expect that to result in a seriously scratched phone?

Dades
Nov 15, 2012, 04:12 AM
Interesting.

It's seems the optimum weight of iPhone docks is inversely proportional to that of the devises that go into them.

GenderFi
Nov 15, 2012, 05:51 AM
Is it just me or does that picture initially look like it was a red ribbon Christmas gift?

Anyway, I know about CNC machining and working with a solid block of aluminum like that isn't that hard or laborious. Cost-wise in theory would definitely not cost $89, in fact I don't think it would even cost $50 at best! BUT, people have to make their profit somehow. Talk about marking up the prices!

And yes, I, myself think this is way too expensive.

BTW, I'm eating noodles for breakfast. Just in case you were wondering. :)

moobatticus
Nov 15, 2012, 07:40 AM
So they are producing an aluminium dock for me to put my aluminium phone into? And they don't expect that to result in a seriously scratched phone?

Depends on how careless you are with your phone. And whether you care if the back gets a scratch.

Sodner
Nov 15, 2012, 02:04 PM
I was a backer of this project on KickStarter. The dock is a thing of beauty. As one reviewer stated it's "The dock apple should have made in the first place." It looks right at home next to my iMac and did "stay put" to the desk when I removed my 4S. Something that cannot be said for 99% of the other docks made. I was bummed when Apple changed the connector but glad to see the retrofitted it to work with the 5.

Now I'm going for a ride to get milk in my Ferrari. Later! ;)

davidgrimm
Nov 16, 2012, 12:08 AM
I love it. I great idea that gets around Apple's control.

Sodner
Nov 16, 2012, 11:47 AM
Well according to their site my adapter SHOULD have shipped yesterday. But, based on the troubles they had getting the docks shipped, I'll be shocked it I get the adapter any time soon.

UPDATE: Ha ha ha ha! After typing the above post I checked their site and in fact they have pushed back the date. I knew it. Might be a nice dock but these jokers have no idea how to run a business. It's a deluxe dock but their ability to meet their ship dates is HORRIBLE! Any new buyers, beware!!!!!

supersalo
Nov 17, 2012, 12:59 PM
I like the dock, but I'm concerned about the strain that Lightning Adapter is going to put on the cable.

Even without the bottom plate attached, the cable is already severely bent near the boot. Once that bottom plate is attached, I can't see how that cable is at anything less than 90 degrees (not good).

Can anyone with the Lightning Adapter comment on that?

kthnxshwn
Nov 21, 2012, 05:15 PM
Just got my lightning adapter and the lightning cable simply doesn't fit. No matter how you move, mangle, or arrange it, it doesn't fit into the proper holes that were designed solely for this.

This company is riddled with issues.

mitchmeister
Nov 26, 2012, 11:23 PM
The $15 extra iPhone 5 adapter (which only took a week to ship unlike the dock which took 8 months!) is a crap solution. The adapter sticks out beyond the "basin" of the dock which means your phone don't sit very securely in the dock at all.

http://f.cl.ly/items/0x0r103u1a2L3z210U0c/2012%206:25:16%20PM.png

Needs a (non Apple) cable with a much shorter adapter body so that the cable can be bent without forcing the adapter up too high.

This product has put me right off Kickstarter.

sesnir
Nov 27, 2012, 02:25 PM

Wow, insecure much? Does it make you feel good to anonymously put people down?

Of course I can afford it, but there's no way a simple dock is worth $89. But go ahead and order it if you feel it's worth it.

TurkEclipse
Dec 10, 2012, 06:39 PM
Please dont buy these docks. They are a hassle and do not work even close with the iphone 5. Below is my email to Elevation Lab.

I ordered 2 of the iPhone 5 versions. I watched the lighting connector video before I ordered and it seemed that it would work. I couldn't wait for them to arrive. They arrived today and I have wasted the last 2 hours trying to get them to work with my iPhone. After about ruining my cables I got them in there and 1 phone, will work but to take it out I have to hold the base and I have to hold the bottom part of my 2 piece incase slider case otherwise it will separate from the phone. I really wanted them to work. I am sure these probably work perfectly with the 30 pin connectors, but they don't work with the iPhone 5. They are designed well but not for the iPhone 5.

kthnxshwn
Dec 10, 2012, 06:41 PM
Please dont buy these docks. They are a hassle and do not work even close with the iphone 5. Below is my email to Elevation Lab.

I ordered 2 of the iPhone 5 versions. I watched the lighting connector video before I ordered and it seemed that it would work. I couldn't wait for them to arrive. They arrived today and I have wasted the last 2 hours trying to get them to work with my iPhone. After about ruining my cables I got them in there and 1 phone, will work but to take it out I have to hold the base and I have to hold the bottom part of my 2 piece incase slider case otherwise it will separate from the phone. I really wanted them to work. I am sure these probably work perfectly with the 30 pin connectors, but they don't work with the iPhone 5. They are designed well but not for the iPhone 5.

Mine works.

TurkEclipse
Dec 10, 2012, 06:51 PM
Mine works.

A few posts ago you complained about the cable not fitting correctly. How did you get it to work?

kthnxshwn
Dec 10, 2012, 10:51 PM
A few posts ago you complained about the cable not fitting correctly. How did you get it to work?

Cable I got with my phone wouldn't fit. Went to my mother's house and tried that one, fit perfectly. One from my phone still doesn't fit, though.

jaspreet19
Dec 14, 2012, 03:28 PM
for those of you who are having issues undocking your iPhone 5 with the lightning cable adapter supplied by elevation dock, everything works perfect, execpt you cant undock with one hand, when trying it lifts the entire dock up. so i took my lightning cable to the grinder and made it smaller take a look below..

http://i650.photobucket.com/albums/uu222/jaspreetsidhu/photo-47.jpg

PecanEater
Jan 2, 2013, 02:20 PM
so i took my lightning cable to the grinder and made it smaller take a look below..

Image (http://i650.photobucket.com/albums/uu222/jaspreetsidhu/photo-47.jpg)

Does it help with the undocking? Major improvement?

CarlJ
Jan 3, 2013, 03:08 AM
Does it help with the undocking? Major improvement?

I gave in and ordered the Lightning adapter after seeing the picture above, and did a similar mod (though with a very tiny file, because my Dremel is hiding somewhere), and it does make a considerable difference. Whether it's worth it to any given individual is sort of a judgement call...

The primary thing locking the phone in is the pins/bearings/whatever in the socket in the phone latching into the dimples on either edge of the plug. Lessening the steepness of the drop into dimple makes it not lock in as tightly. The flip side is, the more you file off, the greater the chance of the connector not aligning properly in the phone. That would be bad. So, the more you file off, the more you benefit, and the more you risk. Your call where to stop.

I played it fairly safe, left a little bit of the dimples showing, didn't file the sides all the way down. It's to the point where, instead of using two hands to remove the phone, I can grab it with one hand and use the pinkie of that hand to keep the base in place while lifting the phone up. I can live with that.

Had I found my Dremel, I likely would have ground tiny channels from bottom of the dimple up off the end of the connector, so the sides of the channel would still be full height, still fit in the socket the same way, but there would be much less tension on the socket's pins; they would just slide down the channel to the dimples. I may still do that at some point in the future (a $19 experiment).

Another thing to keep in mind is, the connector is a fairly close tolerance fit, and is tilted back at an angle that matches the tilt of the phone, leaning against the backrest. So lifting straight up doesn't work so well. Need to pull "up" in the same plane in which the phone is resting.

Also, while the Lightning plug is a fairly precise design (and manufactured to Apple-monitored tolerances) and the Elevations Labs Lightning adapter is a lovely engineered piece of aluminum, it's still easy to get them a tiny bit out of alignment. And half a degree off is hard to see when it's just the plug screwed into the adapter, but is much more obvious when you get everything screwed back together and the phone touches the back cushion of the stand on one side, but not on the other.

Getting the plug set to the right height in the stand is easy if you sort of put it together just friction fit, with the plug set way up, then push the phone down onto it in whatever case you use (if any; I've got a Noot iPhone 5 Bumper (http://www.amazon.com/nootŪ-iPhone-Bumper-Case-Packaging/dp/B009GLFT78) on mine), letting the combined phone/case push the plug down to its natural height, then disassemble and tighten things down. I didn't have any problem getting the cable to fit inside the base of the stand, BTW. It does need to do a right-angle-ish bend but it wasn't a problem. I suppose, if one wasn't using a case and thus was setting the plug lower (thus with the back of the plug intruding further inside the base), things could be a lot more cramped. But check the height you need, before just setting the plastic case of the plug flush with the red aluminum adapter. With a case, it works better raised up a bit.

One more tip, if you do remove metal, be really careful to thoroughly clean off all the microscopic metal shavings. Getting metal shavings pushed into the phone would be bad.

And that is far more than I'd intended to write...

PecanEater
Jan 3, 2013, 11:26 AM
I gave in and ordered the Lightning adapter after seeing the picture above, and did a similar mod ...

Carl, thanks for the great post. Very refreshing to have real content in a post. I'm expecting my Lightning adapter in the mail any day now. Based on your post, extending the side dimples with a Dremel seems like the best option. I don't have a Dremel but this is an excellent excuse to make a purchase one. It may be a while but I'll report back with my results.

Lil Chillbil
Jan 3, 2013, 09:22 PM
So It looks like lighting is going to be the new hdmi

BobSpikman
Jun 2, 2013, 03:33 PM
I 3d printed this Iphone 5 stabilizer to stabilize a simple lightning adapter. It is a very strong model which you can buy through Shapeways:

http://www.shapeways.com/model/1110422/iphone-5-stabilizer-universal.html?li=modelEdit

Regards