PDA

View Full Version : CS4 with G5?

WendyS
Nov 14, 2012, 05:48 PM
I've searched and searched, but nothing I've been able to find in the forums seems to get me anywhere...any help would be appreciated!

I just purchased an old G5, most of the system wiped before my purchase. It's running Tiger. I've got a box set of CS4 Master and have been unsuccessfully desperately trying to up load it since the purchase. When I put the disc in, the CS4 Master Collection icon comes up but nothing happens. When I click the icon, there is no 'install' option and when trying the 'setup.exe' there's no option for install in the box it brings up...

Please help!

Intell
Nov 14, 2012, 06:35 PM
Sounds like you have a Windows version of CS4. You need the Mac version.

Nameci
Nov 14, 2012, 06:37 PM
Sounds like you have a Windows version of CS4. You need the Mac version.

I agree she got the windows version. "setup.exe" says it all.

I have CS4 on my G5.

Jessica Lares
Nov 14, 2012, 07:25 PM
I think if you just download the CS4 package for OS X, you can still use the Windows serial with it. I'm also using CS4 on my G5.

eyoungren
Nov 14, 2012, 07:40 PM
Wirelessly posted

Don't know why anyone would expect Windows software to work on a Mac like it does on a PC, especially a PowerPC Mac. Even with Intel Macs you'd need another app or to boot into Windows to achieve this.

In any case finding Mac CS4 installers if you don't have them may be a difficult hunt. Adobe has the very bad habit of obliterating previous version installers off their servers when they release a new version.

Jethryn Freyman
Nov 16, 2012, 01:27 AM
Ha, that's the Windows version...

You need the Mac version. I've got Photoshop CS4 Extended on my G5.

Starfighter
Nov 16, 2012, 01:48 AM
OP: What is 1+1?
- It's 2.
- It depends on what you're asking, the sum or the two or the equation in it self.
- It's 2.

/end winy complaint about people not reading earlier responses :)

As others have said, .exe is a Windows file that isn't compatible with OS X. You usually want to see .dmg-files or something like .sit, .tar or .smi. Although I think .sit can be used under Windows as well... Hm.