Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Supernerd

macrumors member
Original poster
Jun 19, 2012
Yo momma's house
I recently purchased a USB Logitech gamepad. I know nothing of the model, except that it looks PS3-based, I don't have the packaging, but I got it at a yard sale for 5$ and it is in good condition, all the bottons and sticks appear to work fine. My problem is with setting it up. I want to play Steam games with it, and with Big Picture, I have a reason to. But I haven't found a solution to set it up. I tried USB overdrive, which worked beautifully, except that the left stick controlled the mouse, and therefore look, and the right stick controlled movement, no way to switch them (I don't know if this is normal, I don't have a console, but I can't stand it). Also, if I decreased the sensitivity of the controller, I decreased the sensitivity of the mouse as though in system preferences, not cool for me. Is there another solution which is very free that will solve these problems? Big Picture has me very excited about this.

sarangiman

macrumors newbie
Mar 10, 2012
Same problem - any way to swap the sticks?

I have the same issue. Would be helpful if USB Overdrive would allow an option to swap the 2 analog sticks. As it is, the 'Z' & 'Rz' axes (assigned to the right analog stick) are rather useless... we just need an option to re-assign them to X & Y axes.

Still, this is all just a hack, & it surprises me that a good solution doesn't appear to exist for the use of a gamepad on a Mac. I'm going to give the Xbox 360 (for Windows) controller a try, using the tattiebogle driver (http://tattiebogle.net/index.php/ProjectRoot/Xbox360Controller/OsxDriver)

edddeduck

macrumors 68020
Mar 26, 2004
Still, this is all just a hack, & it surprises me that a good solution doesn't appear to exist for the use of a gamepad on a Mac.

It depends on the game most Feral games support ~100 gamepads including 360 (using Tattie drivers) & Playstation 3. We even have pads like GameCube, Playstation 1 & 2 working using USB adapters and usually if you email support if the pad has enough buttons we can get it working.

Edwin

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.