Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

wedelgaard

macrumors member
Original poster
Jul 26, 2012
Hillerød, Denmark
Hi guys,

I'm thinking of trying to make little RPG game. In that occasion I want to use these awesome icons made by "Lorc":

4cpmn.png

I want to vectorize these icons and colorize them. Something like this:

9UBu3.jpg

Do anyone of you know any good tutorials/guides/tips on how to do proper colorizing?

Thanks ;)

wedelgaard

macrumors member
Original poster
Jul 26, 2012
Hillerød, Denmark
If you want them to be vector graphics you need to use a vector program. These are simple icons and can be turned to vector artwork and colored very easily within Adobe Illustrator. There are many sites and tutorials out there for using Illustrator.

Thanks for your answer. :) I know how to vectorize the icons, but what I'm unsure of is the technic to do the shadows/highlights when colorizing. Is it just common sense or are the specific guidelines to help?

mrichmon

macrumors 6502a
Jun 17, 2003
Thanks for your answer. :) I know how to vectorize the icons, but what I'm unsure of is the technic to do the shadows/highlights when colorizing. Is it just common sense or are the specific guidelines to help?

There are many online tutorials that explain how to do shading of buttons for the web. Based on the examples of the coloration you showed the button shading techniques look to be appropriate.

This is a good starting point: http://www.rdesignonline.com/design/making-bubble-buttons-in-illustrator/

wedelgaard

macrumors member
Original poster
Jul 26, 2012
Hillerød, Denmark
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.