PDA

View Full Version : Twelve South's BookBook for iPhone 5 Ships Monday

MacRumors
Nov 15, 2012, 01:17 PM
http://images.macrumors.com/im/macrumorsthreadlogo.gif (http://www.macrumors.com/2012/11/15/twelve-souths-bookbook-for-iphone-5-ships-monday/)

http://images.macrumors.com/article-new/2012/11/bookbook.jpg
Twelve South's popular BookBook iPhone case (http://twelvesouth.com/products/bookbook_iphone/) has been updated for the iPhone 5 and will launch on Monday November 19th, MacRumors has learned. We don't have any details about pricing, but the new BookBook should begin shipping on Monday as well.

Interested users can sign up for a notification list (https://app.e2ma.net/app2/audience/signup/1720697/1400299/?v=a) to learn when the BookBook for iPhone 5 launches. The current BookBook for the iPhone 4 and 4S is $59.99 and is available in both brown and black (http://twelvesouth.com/products/bookbook_iphone/).

Update: Twelve South has now posted an information page (http://twelvesouth.com/products/bookbook_iphone5/) on the BookBook for iPhone 5, noting that it does indeed launch on Monday and is priced at $59.99.

Update: Twelve South confirms that the BookBook for iPhone 5 is fully compatible with the newly released iPhone 5s.

http://images.macrumors.com/article-new/2012/11/bookbook_iphone_5.jpg

Article Link: Twelve South's BookBook for iPhone 5 Ships Monday (http://www.macrumors.com/2012/11/15/twelve-souths-bookbook-for-iphone-5-ships-monday/)

extricated
Nov 15, 2012, 01:25 PM
Been waiting for this!
These folks have great products.

stevemiller
Nov 15, 2012, 01:26 PM
So hipster it hurts.

Sneakz
I'm curious, who is this case popular with?

sbrhwkp3
Want.

IbisDoc
Nov 15, 2012, 01:30 PM

Librarians?

PDFierro
Nov 15, 2012, 01:35 PM

Quite a bunch of people. What's your problem with it?

This is good news. I knew this was getting close to release. I've been going back and forth on getting an iPhone 5, but I honestly would want this case to be available before I bought one.

bradl
Nov 15, 2012, 01:36 PM

Me. It's very classy and helps consolidate my personal belongings. It sucked carrying a phone, wallet and keys leaving me with bulky pockets and accessories spilling out. This combines all of it, and looks very classy at the same time. Plus it's easier to hide and protect the phone in plain sight.

Side note: I had my home broken into a year ago, and my SO and I have a lot of books (we're avid readers). While they took some of the typical stuff (PS3, games, etc.), they didn't even bother with the books, which both her Macbook Pro and my MacBook Air were sitting on the bookshelf in their BookBook cases. As far as we were concerned, they proved their worth there alone.

BL.

wackymacky
Nov 15, 2012, 01:40 PM
Got to laugh at the young attractive model on the web site. I'm sure she would be keen to be seen with one of these in public. :rolleyes:

scionfriar
Nov 15, 2012, 01:41 PM
Once you try a BookBook for iPhone it is REALLY hard to go back. I got an iPhone 5 at launch and have been waiting for baited breath. I can't wait.

likemyorbs
Nov 15, 2012, 01:42 PM
God i hate iPhone cases. I think it's hard to argue that the phone looks better without them 100% of the time. I understand why some people need them, but they're very aesthetically unappealing. My iPhone is a working device, i don't care if it gets a few scratches here and there. It's not a museum piece!

Sardonick007
Nov 15, 2012, 01:47 PM
wowow, coolcool, butbut, dumbdumb.

bradl
Nov 15, 2012, 01:47 PM
Got to laugh at the young attractive model on the web site. I'm sure she would be keen to be seen with one of these in public. :rolleyes:

Yeah.. and Speck, Incipio, Otterbox, iFrogz, Belkin, Michael Korz, Morphie, Kate Spade, and Incase make such real classy cases and wallets that everyone could also use. :rolleyes:

You do know that this is genuine distressed leather that looks and feels like a classic book, right? Judging by your only looking at the pictures, I would assume not.

So before passing judgment on it, you could do yourself a favour and at least get to your closest Apple Store and have a look and feel of the case yourself, as they do sell them there.

BL.

Sardonick007
Nov 15, 2012, 01:48 PM
If that theft story is true, that's awesome.

Me. It's very classy and helps consolidate my personal belongings. It sucked carrying a phone, wallet and keys leaving me with bulky pockets and accessories spilling out. This combines all of it, and looks very classy at the same time. Plus it's easier to hide and protect the phone in plain sight.

Side note: I had my home broken into a year ago, and my SO and I have a lot of books (we're avid readers). While they took some of the typical stuff (PS3, games, etc.), they didn't even bother with the books, which both her Macbook Pro and my MacBook Air were sitting on the bookshelf in their BookBook cases. As far as we were concerned, they proved their worth there alone.

BL.

thelink
Nov 15, 2012, 01:48 PM
Seems legit. I'll take three.

bushido
Nov 15, 2012, 01:51 PM

harry potter

God i hate iPhone cases. I think it's hard to argue the phone looks better without them 100% of the time. I understand why some people need them, but they're very aesthetically unappealing. My iPhone is a working device, i don't care if it gets a few scratches here and there. It's not a museum piece!

i hate them too, i have like 5 different iPhone cases and they all had to go after one day. i just cant stand losing the "feel" of the device i paid so much money for. now i'm simply using a skin and even that is starting to annoy me

bradl
Nov 15, 2012, 01:56 PM
If that theft story is true, that's awesome.

It is. I had a nearly $10,000 claim on my homeowner's insurance, after bringing in the damage to my house (some of it I'm still recouping). It would have been worse because my SO's Mac had all of the pictures of our children's births on it and mine had all of our business data on it (yes, we have backups).

But still, their cases proved their worth to us that I'd recommend them to anyone.

BL.

sbrhwkp3
Nov 15, 2012, 02:00 PM
God i hate iPhone cases. I think it's hard to argue the phone looks better without them 100% of the time. I understand why some people need them, but they're very aesthetically unappealing. My iPhone is a working device, i don't care if it gets a few scratches here and there. It's not a museum piece!

So you're arguing you hate covers because they're not aesthetically appealing, yet you don't care about getting scratches on your phone because you don't care about your phone being aesthetically appealing. :confused:

wackymacky
Nov 15, 2012, 02:01 PM
Yeah.. and Speck, Incipio, Otterbox, iFrogz, Belkin, Michael Korz, Morphie, Kate Spade, and Incase make such real classy cases and wallets that everyone could also use. :rolleyes:

You do know that this is genuine distressed leather that looks and feels like a classic book, right? Judging by your only looking at the pictures, I would assume not.

So before passing judgment on it, you could do yourself a favour and at least get to your closest Apple Store and have a look and feel of the case yourself, as they do sell them there.

BL.

Hey, let's not get so heated up.

My point was I doubt that the main market of this cases are 17-18 yo young woman.

They are more likely 35-40 yo middle class (white?) professionals, yet they don't show a picture of that.

As for genuine leather, looks like a real book, if that's what you like, fine!

I was commenting on the marketing on the web page. There are aprox 20 pics trying to show this has a young, hip and sexy product, which was rather nausea provoking.

jlblodgett
Nov 15, 2012, 02:07 PM
Do the new models have a hole for the camera / flash?

franzmueller
Nov 15, 2012, 02:07 PM

Good question . I am one of them:D

PDFierro
Nov 15, 2012, 02:08 PM

My point was I doubt that the main market of this cases are 17-18 yo young woman.

They are more likely 35-40 yo middle class (white?) professionals, yet they don't show a picture of that.

As for genuine leather, looks like a real book, if that's what you like, fine!

I was commenting on the marketing on the web page. There are aprox 20 pics trying to show this has a young, hip and sexy product, which was rather nausea provoking.

So in your eyes, this is a product for old people? I would think young people would get this just as much.

Bargle
Nov 15, 2012, 02:13 PM
Send your 60$ to UNICEF. For Pete's sake.

adztaylor
Nov 15, 2012, 02:14 PM
i hate them too, i have like 5 different iPhone cases and they all had to go after one day. i just cant stand losing the "feel" of the device i paid so much money for. now i'm simply using a skin and even that is starting to annoy me

I'm exactly the same. Determined not to buy anymore cases because after a few hours I take them off never to be used again. Prefer using the phone naked.

bradl
Nov 15, 2012, 02:14 PM

The last email blast I got from them on 10/18 stated yes:

And finally (no doubt the news you've been waiting for), no need to slide your iphone up to take a picture anymore. BookBook for iPhone 5 will include a camera hole!

BL.

toby00001
Nov 15, 2012, 02:21 PM
This is literally the worst looking thing ever. Anyone who decides to wrap their iPhone (or anything for that matter) in a faux book cover deserves to be shot on sight.

bradl
Nov 15, 2012, 02:25 PM
This is literally the worst looking thing ever. Anyone who decides to wrap their iPhone (or anything for that matter) in a faux book cover deserves to be shot on sight.

I'm waiting outside for you and your gun.

On the other hand, I don't see you producing anything better for me to buy, so I really don't think you're in a place to judge.

BL.

adztaylor
Nov 15, 2012, 02:30 PM

Oh shut up, its not my cup of tea but EACH TO THEIR OWN. Oh the world would be a boring place if we all liked the same things eh?

Aluminum213
Nov 15, 2012, 02:39 PM
The most impractical case I've seen

jbrettz
Nov 15, 2012, 02:44 PM
Has anyone checked out the Portenzo.com site. They have similar with more choices on the outside cover, but not the wallet.

Brett

scionfriar
Nov 15, 2012, 02:50 PM
The most impractical case I've seen

Wrong.

ziggyonice
Nov 15, 2012, 02:50 PM
http://twelvesouth.com/static/assets/products/productgalleryimage/image/BookBookiPhone_call_gallerymain.jpg

Actual image from their site. Talking on the phone with all your bank cards and cash sticking out? No thanks.

OldSchoolMacGuy
Nov 15, 2012, 03:01 PM

Exactly. By the time they get scratched up, you're buying a new one anyways. Haven't had a case on any of my phones since the late '90s.

Apple puts a lot of work into making the iPhone look good. Cases ruin all that.

acrobat9
Nov 15, 2012, 03:02 PM
i never post on these things, but this is a product i genuinely believe in.

1. it's SUPER practical. i always forget either my phone or my wallet. when i had the BookBook, i always had both with me.

2. someone was asking about target demo... everyone i know that has these are guys between the ages of 18-35 (and i know a lot of people that have and love them).

3. 12South has fantastic customer service! last year, one of the seams on the inside of my BookBook started to come undone. i let them know and they sent me a new one ASAP.

3. if it's not your thing, that's fine! but why be a hater?

DrJohnnyN
Nov 15, 2012, 03:09 PM
Neato.

bradl
Nov 15, 2012, 03:14 PM
http://twelvesouth.com/static/assets/products/productgalleryimage/image/BookBookiPhone_call_gallerymain.jpg

Actual image from their site. Talking on the phone with all your bank cards and cash sticking out? No thanks.

I'll admit; bad picture and scenario to use the phone. In all practicality, bluetooth is used the most with this case or any wallet case.. unless you're wanting to pull the phone out each and every time it rings, you're not going to be holding the entire thing up to your ear.

BL.

likemyorbs
Nov 15, 2012, 03:32 PM
So you're arguing you hate covers because they're not aesthetically appealing, yet you don't care about getting scratches on your phone because you don't care about your phone being aesthetically appealing. :confused:

What's the point of keeping your phone scratch free if it's covered by a case anyway? You can't see it! A few scratches on a beautiful phone is much more aesthetically pleasing than a big ugly case ruining the whole look of the phone.

scionfriar
Nov 15, 2012, 03:41 PM
I hate cases as much as the next guy. I've been using my iPhone 5 naked since I got it. For me, that's part of the joy of the BookBook. It is so easy to remove the phone from the BookBook that I take it out everyday when I get home. Why walk around my house with my wallet in my pocket?

But the convenience, of grabbing ONE item in the morning, a BookBook which has both my phone and my wallet, is so great. If I have to leave the office for a bit, just grab my BookBook and I'm ready to go. For me, the BookBook rendered the case vs. non-case argument moot.

boomer0001
Nov 15, 2012, 04:10 PM
I have a few 12south products, always great quality pieces. They don't skimp on the materials or details. I've been waiting for this case because it's the only one to ever really appeal to me. Can't wait to order it!

skellener
Nov 15, 2012, 04:18 PM
Do the new models have a hole for the camera / flash?I was wondering that too. The knock off cases thought to make an opening for the camera.

urbanj
Nov 15, 2012, 04:30 PM
As Jay-Z would say "can't wear skinny jeans cause my iPhone with a massive case don't fit"

Seriously, I use a slim wallet with a money clip on it and my iPhone. If I was a woman with a purse, sure this would be good but even girls I know slide their phones into their back pockets and put a wallet in a clutch when they go out.

I'll never understand bulky all in one cases.

iTiki
Nov 15, 2012, 05:05 PM
I have no interest in the iPhone case. Having to slide the phone out to use the camera and your ID and credit cards being exposed while using the phone seems dumb to me. I do like some of the other products they offer. Quality appears to be good and the styling of their products is a nice match to Apple. Just my $.02....

charliex5
Nov 15, 2012, 05:39 PM
I recommend the Tuch iPhone cases. I've had one for about a year now and love it. I've gotten rid of my wallet and I still get to hold the steel and glass of the iPhone. I've been thinking about one of their iPad cases too but they seem to be currently sold out.

Check it out: http://www.tuchmade.com/

So much better than these BookBooks. My friend had one so we got to compare and I was definitely glad I went with the Tuch. Simplicity is key!

jjd
Nov 15, 2012, 05:42 PM
I have been looking for a wallet case that I could live with - have not yet found it. But given the ubiquity of both (and prior to any real progress on NFC obviating the need for a wallet) I totally get the idea of combining the phone and wallet.

But, what I cannot fathom is taking something as modern and beautiful as an iPhone, one of the finest products ever made (really) and wrapping it in a faux antiquted book cover. Talk about mixing aesthetics. I am sure Jony Ive is appaled by this.

Then again, Mr Forstall et al have forced us to live with similarly garish features in iOS itself - like that hideous game center, and those tacky leather notepad themes etc. But that will soon be fixed...

If these guys offered a wallet with the same dimensions and capabilities but in a simple, understated and current style, that wasn't pretending to be something it's not, I would order it.

kilcher
Nov 15, 2012, 06:38 PM
What's the point of keeping your phone scratch free if it's covered by a case anyway? You can't see it! A few scratches on a beautiful phone is much more aesthetically pleasing than a big ugly case ruining the whole look of the phone.

Resale value. Not breaking a phone that costs $800 to replace. Good enough for me.

OneMike
Nov 15, 2012, 06:47 PM
That case is so ugly to me.

Jmc323x
Nov 15, 2012, 06:55 PM
Yes it does!

https://app.e2ma.net/app2/audience/signup/1720697/1400299/?v=a

slu
Nov 15, 2012, 07:02 PM
Give me mobile payments and I won't need a wallet at all.

BornAgainApple
Nov 15, 2012, 07:46 PM
This looks DELICIOUS. Gonna order one each for my iPhone 5 and iPad :D

Kaibelf
Nov 15, 2012, 08:34 PM

Yes, god knows people go about their lives worried about what the likes of you think of them... :rolleyes:

token787
Nov 15, 2012, 09:17 PM
harry potter

i hate them too, i have like 5 different iphone cases and they all had to go after one day. I just cant stand losing the "feel" of the device i paid so much money for. Now i'm simply using a skin and even that is starting to annoy me

lol

bwillwall
Nov 15, 2012, 09:25 PM
Well this case manages to be rediculously giant, ugly, and pointless all at the same time. I know this forum is filled with Apple fanboys but I mean really, why do people like these rediculous cases?

JS3
Nov 15, 2012, 09:27 PM
Very cool this way when im on the phone I can show everyone all the credit cards in my wallet.:confused:

topmounter
Nov 15, 2012, 10:05 PM
manpursebook :D

mp0890
Nov 15, 2012, 10:16 PM
Skeuomorphism comes to life!

HarryKeogh
Nov 15, 2012, 10:22 PM
I love my bookbook on my 4S. Just wish they'd ditch the book motif and offer plain styling. But I do love having my phone and wallet together.

ixodes
Nov 15, 2012, 10:23 PM
Been waiting for this!
These folks have great products.

I finally saw one of these up close today when in Starbucks. A guy had it out on the table top, I noticed, asked him how he liked it and how old it was.

He said it was one of the originals, it was in amazing condition. Kind of different. Very nice. I may just have to order one for the fun of it. Certainly interesting.

huntermaclean
Nov 15, 2012, 10:56 PM
Everyone is saying "WHO WOULD BUY THIS!!??" Well, here is why I bought the BookBook and am buying one for my iPhone 5.

I was in a taxi on my iPhone and set it down on my lap while I was talking to my wife. Didn't realize where my phone was until I had left the cab and I never saw it again. (cue the critics "JUST PUT IT IN YOUR POCKET DUMA$$!")

Well, I'm happy with my BookBook. It looks great, can sit on my desk as an angle a-la-iPad, and I haven't ever misplaced it.

One final thing for the guy who yapping about protection. My BookBook has flopped out of my hands and onto the floor plenty of times and the leather protected it every time. My dad had a case on his 4S and it fell face first on the pavement. Cracked screen. I'm sure my BookBook has paid for itself over the many times I've faceplanted it on the floor!

kppolich
Nov 16, 2012, 12:34 AM
Had one on my 4S, loved it. Now that I've had my 5 I can see how convenient it is, but with light weight aluminum frame of the iPhone 5 and the reports of "bent" 5's already I wouldn't put my 5 in this case and back pocket it.

bradl
Nov 16, 2012, 03:11 AM
Had one on my 4S, loved it. Now that I've had my 5 I can see how convenient it is, but with light weight aluminum frame of the iPhone 5 and the reports of "bent" 5's already I wouldn't put my 5 in this case and back pocket it.

I wouldn't put my iPhone, in a case, skin, naked, or otherwise, in my back pocket. That's basically begging for a pickpocket.

BL.

everything-i
Nov 16, 2012, 05:50 AM
Seems like a pretty nice case. Esthetically not my cup of tea but it does look very well made.

Sermon
Nov 16, 2012, 06:44 AM

Me. This is the ONLY case for me. I've been waiting for this one ever since the iPhone 5 was announced and I won't go for anything else. Great quality, also holds your credit cards and money and looks great. A definite must-buy for me.

extricated
Nov 16, 2012, 08:01 AM
Funny how folks are getting worked up over this.

It's simply a matter of personal preference and individual tastes.

I guess that's what forums are for - expressing different opinions.
However, some of you seem to have anger management issues. :)

fredr500
Nov 16, 2012, 08:06 AM
Will this fit in a man's shirt pocket? That's where my iphone lives, and if I can keep a wallet out of my pants pocket that give me another option for other things I carry.

Smigit
Nov 16, 2012, 08:25 AM
I'll admit; bad picture and scenario to use the phone. In all practicality, bluetooth is used the most with this case or any wallet case..
Given the popularity of bluetooth headsets, I very much doubt that the majority of users of this are using headsets. I imagine it's the vast minority just as with any other mobile phone/case combination out there.

sbrhwkp3
Nov 16, 2012, 09:19 AM

Because with a case like that, your phone isn't always in the case. It's easy to remove and pull out when you want to hold it in your hand from time to time.

likemyorbs
Nov 16, 2012, 09:31 AM
Because with a case like that, your phone isn't always in the case. It's easy to remove and pull out when you want to hold it in your hand from time to time.

But i like to hold it in my hand without taking it out of anything. I just don't like cases. Tried them many times, not for me.

h1r0ll3r
Nov 16, 2012, 09:52 AM

http://cdn.memegenerator.net/instances/400x/30319543.jpg

PDFierro
Nov 16, 2012, 10:53 AM
Well, it's up on their website now. And you can order now! Sweet.

PDFierro
Nov 16, 2012, 11:04 AM
It does look a little different, besides being taller with an extra card slot and thinner along with a camera hole.

It seems like it won't be as easy to take the phone out now, because there's a different framing around it now. I guess they figured since there's a camera hole, people won't need to take the phone out. I personally wouldn't need to, but that was a topic of debate in this thread.

The brown also looks better this time around, at least in my opinion. I think it looks good, although some are going to complain how the framing around the phone isn't the same.

JAT
Nov 16, 2012, 12:30 PM

Congrats, you just figured out marketing.

SqB
Nov 16, 2012, 12:38 PM
Well, it's up on their website now. And you can order now! Sweet.

Kind of crappy that those of us on their mailing list who expressed interest months ago get no special warning or early ordering. Seems like we should have at least had the opportunity to get to the front of the line on ordering.

I'm still ordering one because the quality of their products is amazing, but not happy about the lack of info.

PDFierro
Nov 16, 2012, 12:42 PM
Kind of crappy that those of us on their mailing list who expressed interest months ago get no special warning or early ordering. Seems like we should have at least had the opportunity to get to the front of the line on ordering.

I'm still ordering one because the quality of their products is amazing, but not happy about the lack of info.

I got an e-mail from them. What did you expect? When you sign up to get updates, all any company is going to do is let you know it's available for order. There is never any special treatment.

jamesryanbell
Nov 16, 2012, 12:55 PM
Well this case manages to be rediculously giant, ugly, and pointless all at the same time. I know this forum is filled with Apple fanboys but I mean really, why do people like these rediculous cases?

It's "ridiculous", not "rediculous". Sorry to be that guy.

Sayer
Nov 16, 2012, 01:50 PM
I actually talk on my iPhone, I bet it would look pretty silly answering a small leather-bound book all day.

----------

In fact they probably sold your email address, and everyone else who signed up, to help finance their hipster book cover for iPhone business.

SqB
Nov 16, 2012, 02:00 PM
Wow. The snark level is certainly high in this thread. I am certainly no hipster. In fact I'm tragically unhip, but I am a bibliophile who often reads on my phone. I love these cases because they feel like holding a book and are a great way to not have to carry a wallet.

Somebody where I used to work asked another coworker why I was always carrying around and looking at my little bible. We had lots of fun with that.

If you don't like it, seriously, reclaim your valuable time and move on to another thread. I wish you well.

Hidesuru
Nov 16, 2012, 02:12 PM
Wow. The snark level is certainly high in this thread. I am certainly no hipster. In fact I'm tragically unhip, but I am a bibliophile who often reads on my phone. I love these cases because they feel like holding a book and are a great way to not have to carry a wallet.

Somebody where I used to work asked another coworker why I was always carrying around and looking at my little bible. We had lots of fun with that.

If you don't like it, seriously, reclaim your valuable time and move on to another thread. I wish you well.

That's a great story.

Frankly I don't think this would be for me. I don't use bluetooth outside of my car, and I wouldn't want to flash my wallet to talk. I have no problem with it, though. It -is- kind of a neat idea for a case.

I personally prefer a belt-holster thing that just hides under my shirt (I use the minisuit if anyone cares). For one, I have too many things in pants pockets already...

That all being said... can we at least all agree that the name is a bit silly? I mean, BookBook? Really? :p :rolleyes:

PDFierro
Nov 16, 2012, 02:18 PM

That's hilarious. I'm wondering, does the BookBook fold up into a stand for video watching? I believe I recall seeing that, but I'm not certain.

musicpenguy
Nov 16, 2012, 03:06 PM
The BookBook for iPhone 5 is now out - go out and buy yours today - twelvesouth.com

Adidas Addict
Nov 16, 2012, 04:34 PM
Meh, hipster must mean something different where you people live. The bookbook certainly wouldn't gain you any cool points, the joke stopped being funny or interesting years ago.

slick316
Nov 16, 2012, 04:53 PM
Ordered mine in black.

Really liked the one I had for iPhone 4. Simplified everything I normally carried with me. I especially like the new snap mount for the phone with camera cut out. Hopefully I get it next week.

FertileKnave
Nov 16, 2012, 06:58 PM
If I understand skeuomorphism correctly, (im genuinely not sure i do its a bit weird) but is this not essentially some sort of physical hardware skeuomorphism?

Snookerman
Nov 17, 2012, 04:56 AM

No, you have to slide up your iPhone (http://twelvesouth.com/static/assets/products/productgalleryimage/image/bookbookiphone_photos_gallerymain.jpg) to use the camera =/

Winepronecowboy
Nov 17, 2012, 05:08 AM
Horrible cases, what the hell are people thinking :confused:

mlenger
Nov 17, 2012, 09:56 AM
They are accepting orders as of yesterday. Can't wait:) have the one for the 4 and love it.

bdkennedy1
Nov 17, 2012, 01:31 PM
This company is raping the consumer on this. My company gets the same exact case in China for $4 and we sell it to a retailer in Canada for $19.99.

sonymactony
Nov 17, 2012, 03:33 PM
No, you have to slide up your iPhone (http://twelvesouth.com/static/assets/products/productgalleryimage/image/bookbookiphone_photos_gallerymain.jpg) to use the camera =/

No you don't have to slide it up, there's a camera cutout on the back now.

Macsational
Nov 17, 2012, 09:55 PM
I actually got a knockoff from amazon for my iPhone 5 last week. It was already chipped on the back and my 3GS was wrecked from a drop some weeks before.
I love the feel of the makes phone, but keeping all my stuff in one is so so so great.
As for it being hipsterlicious, I take true offence ;-p. this cover would never fit into skinny jeans.

Four oF NINE
Nov 18, 2012, 06:14 AM
I have TwelveSouth products and am very happy with them. I have Book Book for my new MacBook, and Book Book for my iPhone 4S. The phone version looks like a book of quotes from Shakespear, or poetry.. The one for the MacBook looks like an old encyclopędia volume. When I upgrade to the iPhone 5 (or iPhone 5S) I'll be getting another Book Book

There's no other case like it, and I won't use anything else. Accept no substitute, get the one real Book Book, only from TwelveSouth.

iVoid
Nov 18, 2012, 03:04 PM

Yeah, after having my iPhone snatched out of my hands and stolen, I'd worry too much about my phone AND my cash/cards being stolen all at once with something like this.

Aniseedvan
Nov 18, 2012, 05:18 PM
If the lack of current support in the UK for passbook didnt necessitate i end up carrying a massive purse full of loyalty cards, this might be a good idea.

Prof.
Nov 19, 2012, 12:15 AM
Just bought one (http://forums.macrumors.com/showpost.php?p=16323745&postcount=2111) for my iPhone 4S

kodeman53
Nov 19, 2012, 05:54 AM
Dear Mods,

What does a case have to do with iOS?

If there is a connection, other than you happened to start this thread, then why bother having an iPhone Accessories forum?

What's next, MacBook cases in the OSX forum?

saab9573
Nov 19, 2012, 06:01 AM
I'm exactly the same. Determined not to buy anymore cases because after a few hours I take them off never to be used again. Prefer using the phone naked.

i started off with a Switcheasy Nude for my iphone 5.....the cheap plastic power button cover on that case scratched the black slate while I was trying to remove the case....

threw that in the rubbish.....have been naked for 4 weeks now including no screen protector.....no scratches whatsoever! the feel of the original phone and the thinness and lightness overtakes any worry about scratches or dings..

cases are a waste of money and pointless in my view!

Ifti
Nov 19, 2012, 07:07 AM
i started off with a Switcheasy Nude for my iphone 5.....the cheap plastic power button cover on that case scratched the black slate while I was trying to remove the case....

threw that in the rubbish.....have been naked for 4 weeks now including no screen protector.....no scratches whatsoever! the feel of the original phone and the thinness and lightness overtakes any worry about scratches or dings..

cases are a waste of money and pointless in my view!

Completely agree with this.
It started for me with the iPhone 4 and the Apple bumper case. I removed the case once to see a ton of marks on the bezel down by the docking port. Removed the case and found I kept the phone in a much better condition without the damn case in the first place!!
Same with the iPhone 5 - no case, no screen protectors, and its in mint condition.

Metsfan7450
Nov 19, 2012, 07:37 AM
It doesn't appear as though anyone has commented yet on the new design on the inside of the case. I don't like the "brackets" used to hold the phone in. It's not condusive for inserting and removing several times a day like I did with my iPhone 4 Bookbook case. I'm sure those brackets will wear out. I did not like using the phone while it was in the case (phone calls, texting, surfing web, etc).

I like the looks of the Bookbook case, but not the functionality. I went with the DODOcase for my iPhone 5, as it's much easier to slip the case in and out of the sleeve.

XboxMySocks
Nov 19, 2012, 08:07 AM
$60? Jesus

----------

Image (http://cdn.memegenerator.net/instances/400x/30319543.jpg)

Holy **** hahahahahahaha, dead

elicate
Nov 19, 2012, 08:44 AM
I have one of these and its great. Best part is when you pull it out to pay and people think its one of those mini Psalms bible and give you a look that just screams "please dont try to convert me to your religion".

The talking would be weird like that but since I usually only text, the few items I actually do talk I take mine out of the case.

HowEver
Nov 19, 2012, 12:23 PM
Are there really people who don't use bluetooth headsets these days?

Why?

meechy
Nov 19, 2012, 01:08 PM
This company is raping the consumer on this. My company gets the same exact case in China for $4 and we sell it to a retailer in Canada for $19.99.

Please do share the company that sells it for $4.

Thanks

cuzo
Nov 19, 2012, 01:34 PM
Anyone got tracking yet?

JAT
Nov 19, 2012, 03:44 PM
This story would be perfect for a poll, as would most peripheral product discussions:

Do not like
Just came by to say hi

trssho
Nov 20, 2012, 12:33 PM
Fedex just dropped mine. I had one with my iPhone 4s, and apparently I forgot how bulky they are. HA! Ill get used to it again im sure, and not having to carry my wallet too will be nice. Camera hole was a necessary touch! Should add thet the quality appears to be as good as all BookBook products!

Smileyboy
Nov 20, 2012, 02:31 PM
Fedex just dropped mine. I had one with my iPhone 4s, and apparently I forgot how bulky they are. HA! Ill get used to it again im sure, and not having to carry my wallet too will be nice. Camera hole was a necessary touch! Should add thet the quality appears to be as good as all BookBook products!

Can you post pics?

cuzo
Nov 20, 2012, 05:58 PM
can you post pics?

Do you thinking having fedex drop it off at a apartment is a good idea or should I pick it up at the location after work?

notyourattorney
Nov 28, 2012, 08:49 PM

Your definition of "exact same case" is probably not universal.

MassTownie
Dec 3, 2012, 01:15 PM
They are more likely 35-40 yo middle class (white?) professionals. A young, hip and sexy product.

All of the above and I absolutely love it. For those who find this type of case appealing, I doubt you will be disappointed. Definitely getting the BookBook for my iPad and Macbook.