Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

sigamy

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Mar 7, 2003
NJ USA
I really thought that the next iPods would have a touch screen and use hyperlinks as an additional way to move thru your library.

I mostly use "Shuffle Songs" from the main menu but there are plenty of times that I come to a song and I'd then like to go and hear that whole album or that artist. It would be great to click or tap on the artist or album name with your finger and move right to that spot.

Or am I just nuts?

GilGrissom

macrumors 65816
Mar 13, 2005
I agree with Mad Jew, it would require a bigger screen and therefore a total redesign in the iPod, as just adding a bigger screen would either mean a bigger device, or lose the Clickwheel as we know it.

Its a nice idea! I think a lot of people would love to see it done, but I don't see how it can fit into a music player properly and be better than the one thumb function of the clickwheel. Remember "It's all about the music"!! But who knows, Apple may come up with some revolutionary way to do it! Maybe putting the clickwheel into the screen or behind it or something.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.