Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

sviato

macrumors 68020
Original poster
Oct 27, 2010
HR 9038 A
I use photo stream on my Macbook so I always have photos imported in.

However, when I want to upload a photo to a forum or social site, it's not in the Pictures folder... so where do I actually find the photos that are in iPhoto?

Seems like a dumb design that they're not saved in a universal folder or something for all photos.

Last edited:

Weaselboy

Staff member
Jan 23, 2005
California
The photos are stored in the iPhoto library file in the Pictures folder. But that file is not meant to be manipulated manually outside of iPhoto. Just stick to using iPhoto to access the photos. If you want to send a photo somewhere other than a destination in the iPhoto share menu, just drag the photo out of iPhoto onto your desktop and you can send it wherever you want from there.

Julien

macrumors G4
Jun 30, 2007
Atlanta
...However, when I want to upload a photo to a forum or social site, it's not in the Pictures folder... so where do I actually find the photos that are in iPhoto?...

Just File: Export the (selected) photo(s) to a location (Desktop), upload and then delete them. This is the way I do it.

Sky Blue

Jan 8, 2005
so where do I actually find the photos that are in iPhoto?.

If you're uploading to a site, you can browse your iPhoto library from the Choose File.. window.

Attachments

• Safari.jpg
    Safari.jpg
    21.6 KB · Views: 242
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.