Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

emir

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Apr 5, 2008
Istanbul
Hi everyone;

I have a 2010 Macbook Pro and my sister has a 2011 Macbook Air and we both have iPhones so we are using different Apple ID's to use stuff like iTunes, iCloud etc..

Thing is i have purchased Mountain Lion about 2 months ago and did a clean install on my MBP by creating a bootable usb. Using either that bootable usb or by using the Install Mountain Lion.app in the applications folder in Finder, can my sister "update" her OS from Lion which came out of the box to Mountain Lion? Or does she have to give another 29$ and buy a new copy?

Thanks

Apr 17, 2005
Currently in Switzerland
Hi everyone;

I have a 2010 Macbook Pro and my sister has a 2011 Macbook Air and we both have iPhones so we are using different Apple ID's to use stuff like iTunes, iCloud etc..

Thing is i have purchased Mountain Lion about 2 months ago and did a clean install on my MBP by creating a bootable usb. Using either that bootable usb or by using the Install Mountain Lion.app in the applications folder in Finder, can my sister "update" her OS from Lion which came out of the box to Mountain Lion? Or does she have to give another 29$ and buy a new copy?

Thanks

If you are part of the same household, you can all install from the same purchase.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.