Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

HarryWarden

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Oct 27, 2012
Anyone going to order (or already have ordered) the Amazon Kindle Fire HD 8.9-inch? Are you excited? If you own an iPad, do you envision the 8.9-inch as an eventual replacement for the more expensive Apple device? Reviews have already been posted so it must have shipped early to some people as I seem to recall the release date being Tuesday, Nov. 20.

I pre-ordered one for my Dad as a Christmas gift and am really excited for him to receive it as he's never had a tablet like that. Amazon gives an estimated delivery date of Wednesday the 21st but I'm hoping he gets it on Tuesday as it's shipping via overnight shipping and is currently preparing to ship so if it ships Monday like it should, he should receive it Tuesday as opposed to Wednesday.

Mom has an iPad 3 she got from work that he's used sometimes but she always seems to be using it so he's mostly been using the terrible PC laptop they own that is no doubt on its last legs.

Tuesday/Wednesday can't get here soon enough! :)

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.