Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Chubypig

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Aug 30, 2004
I have a logo but i had to make it in AppleWorks so the quality is low. Would anyone be willing to remake it into a high quality image that could be resized and still look good? I don't have the necessary programs or skills, but if someone would be willing i would appreciate it! Thank you! :)

If any one does do it, please PM me and i'll give you my email!

Attachments

• Logo.jpg
    Logo.jpg
    29.7 KB · Views: 352

Chubypig

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Aug 30, 2004
Anyone? I know that this is a kinda strange request, but I really would appreciate it! Please? :eek:

Sirus The Virus

macrumors 6502a
May 12, 2005
Texas
Chubypig said:
I have a logo but i had to make it in AppleWorks so the quality is low. Would anyone be willing to remake it into a high quality image that could be resized and still look good? I don't have the necessary programs or skills, but if someone would be willing i would appreciate it forever! Thank you so much! :)

If any one does do it, please PM me and i'll give you my email!

It's really busy for a logo. What's it for?

20rogersc

macrumors 65816
Jun 28, 2005
Brighton, UK
How big do you need it?? As it hasn't lost any quality when you posted it on your site in your sig.

As mentioned above, I also feel that it is quite 'busy' and maybe a rethought into the design would be good, and will enable to link it more to the company??

Only a suggestion.

::20ROGERSC::

Chubypig

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Aug 30, 2004
Thanks for the suggestions. It's for an Architecture and design firm that I hope to create. I realize that it's busy, but i think that's what I want. If anyone had a suggestion for a different logo i would be willing to listen. :) As for the needed size, It doesn't have to be too large, but it loses most quality when it is shrunk (see below), so i would like it big enough so that I can shrink it to that size. When it is printed at that size it looks very grainy. Thanks again!

Attachments

• Tester.jpg
    Tester.jpg
    10.6 KB · Views: 289

iGary

May 26, 2004
Randy's House
Dude.

It sucks. Pay someone to do it. This is your business and your livelyhood we're talking about here.

Nothing personal, but it is fugly.

Sirus The Virus

macrumors 6502a
May 12, 2005
Texas
iGary said:
Dude.

It sucks. Pay someone to do it. This is your business and your livelyhood we're talking about here.

Nothing personal, but it is fugly.

I completely agree. Pay a pro. It's way worth it trust me.

Artful Dodger

macrumors 68020
Chubypig
Thanks for the suggestions. It's for an Architecture and design firm that I hope to create. I realize that it's busy, but i think that's what I want. If anyone had a suggestion for a different logo i would be willing to listen. As for the needed size, It doesn't have to be too large, but it loses most quality when it is shrunk (see below), so i would like it big enough so that I can shrink it to that size. When it is printed at that size it looks very grainy. Thanks again!

I looked at the site and you should be using a vector program for this at least. As for the know how you could play around with Flash (free trial) on your own which would help save money... but really pay someone to do it and do it well.

Chubypig

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Aug 30, 2004
Sirus The Virus said:
I completely agree. Pay a pro. It's way worth it trust me.

The problem with paying a pro is that we (my friend and I) are only young adults (17) and haven't even really founded this company. It was created for some work we did, and want to continue to do involving architecture.

Artful Dodger, thanks for the suggesting of Flash. It's looking better already!

firststrike101

macrumors member
Mar 1, 2005
Manitoba, Canada
if you are getting into the Architecture and design firm industry I hope your going to use more programs than Flash and Appleworks for design. Expect to spend some big dollars on software.

Here is a simple rule to follow

"Keep it simple stupid." - sounds dumb but most people dont like busy designs

Chubypig

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Aug 30, 2004
firststrike101 said:
if you are getting into the Architecture and design firm industry I hope your going to use more programs than Flash and Appleworks for design. Expect to spend some big dollars on software.

Here is a simple rule to follow

"Keep it simple stupid." - sounds dumb but most people dont like busy designs

Obviously we're not near the point where we would be doing any real design work on our own except for personal pleasure. All the work we do is done at a real professional firm with a CAD type program. As for now, we don't have the money to spend on our own equipment, therefore we use what's available. :)

Chubypig

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Aug 30, 2004
Ok, I worked on the logo a bit, and which one do you guys prefer? if you don't like either please say why! Thanks for all the help! :)

Attachments

• untitled.gif
    untitled.gif
    5.4 KB · Views: 121

Chubypig

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Aug 30, 2004
tech4all said:
I have a question. What are the different elements of the logo supposed to represent?

Well, nothing really, just that it's simple but nice and that we're an architecture and design firm. The logo came after hours of pondering and then my friend said "how 'bout this" and we liked it.

Edit: Actually when I think about it, it may have been inspired by the floor in our first project, a checkered floor with different shades of green and black.

Chubypig

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Aug 30, 2004
homerjward said:
disclaimer: i'm not an artist or designer or anything :eek: but i think it'd look better with a little color.

The only "problem" I have with color is that it then becomes more difficult to reproduce (on copies, etc.)

rainman::|:|

macrumors 603
Feb 2, 2002
iowa
with a few notable exceptions, a good logo should be reproducible at single-color, and should have few elements. look at real company logos. a cheap logo is the sign of an amateur company, and even if it is one, you don't want to put that impression out... what would be the point of even starting an organization?

Anyway, here's a branding firm I'm familiar with (I work at one of it's sister corporations)
http://www.lippincottmercer.com/home.html
at least look around to see what i'm talking about.

Vader

macrumors 65816
Oct 11, 2004
Saint Charles, MO
Your logo looks very Mac Classic on an Apple ][, if that is the look you were going for, then it is great.
If not, I say it needs a bit of "sprucing up."

iMeowbot

macrumors G3
Aug 30, 2003
Chubypig said:
The only "problem" I have with color is that it then becomes more difficult to reproduce (on copies, etc.)
And maybe most important for the future, on drawings. Something that stays recognizable as simple line art in a plot is a good idea here.

Chubypig

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Aug 30, 2004
Daveway- I'm not sure that's quite the look that would work with our type of (future) company. Thanks for trying at least! :)

Rainman- great site, thank you!

iMeowbot- I agree, that's the look we're trying to achieve.

cgratti- yeah, i guess that's not too bad, but the 3d type aspects won't really show up on photo copies.

I guess the real thing we want is something simple, and basic, but memorable.

Chubypig

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Aug 30, 2004
cgratti said:
One more I cooked up... simple and eyecatching i think, and CHEAP to produce one color which works great for photocopies.

Very nice! could you try doing it with one solid swoosh thingy? That's more on track. thank you. :)

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.