Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

dwellsMBP

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jun 10, 2011
Messages is an absolute mess for me lately. I have it set up to only send and receive from my phone number, but it's not syncing properly with my phone, even when they're both on the same wifi network. Messages aren't always appearing on my laptop, especially picture messages.

Texts are also displayed in the wrong order - when I come to my laptop and it pulls all the messages down, it will group all the sent messages in a chunk and then all the received messages together. So it can't be properly viewed as a conversation, very annoying.

Additionally, it doesn't always pull down up to the latest message, and often hangs when doing so. It's an absolute mess. Anyone else having issues and found a solution?

JesperA

macrumors 6502a
Feb 10, 2012
Sweden
Yeah, same thing for me, when i send iMessages with my iPhone and then look at iMessage on the computer, the latest message i actually sent can be like 10 messages up in iMessage on the computer, it is a total mess. Fortunately everything is in the right order on the iPhone so yeah.

dwellsMBP

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jun 10, 2011
It's just how it is, I'm afraid. Picture messages do come through on mine, albeit slightly delayed, it is a bit all over the place.

Picture messages have started working for me again since I got my iPhone replaced for a broken lightning connector. Possibly a coincidence or do the phone and Messages being reactivated/linked.

I wish Apple would address the issue with the app freezing, showing messages in the wrong order, taking too long to update, etc.

nightlong

macrumors 6502a
Jun 16, 2012
Australia
Apple needs to sort this soon ... Also calendar entries can take too long to update. Messages and calendar need to be reliable or people will stop using them.

MPB11

macrumors regular
Feb 2, 2011
Messages is an absolute mess for me lately. I have it set up to only send and receive from my phone number, but it's not syncing properly with my phone, even when they're both on the same wifi network. Messages aren't always appearing on my laptop, especially picture messages.

Texts are also displayed in the wrong order - when I come to my laptop and it pulls all the messages down, it will group all the sent messages in a chunk and then all the received messages together. So it can't be properly viewed as a conversation, very annoying.

Additionally, it doesn't always pull down up to the latest message, and often hangs when doing so. It's an absolute mess. Anyone else having issues and found a solution?

same here

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.