Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Dbizzle

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Nov 17, 2012
I'm having a brain fart here...

I have a bunch of Mp3s that are 3 minutes in length, that I want to chop down to 30 seconds each. Is there an application out there that can do this with ease?

I realize that I can set the stop time in iTunes, but since I have hundreds of songs that would need changing, this method would take FOREVER to do individually.
Also, I thought about doing it in Compressor, but as far as I know, you can't create a setting to make in and outs the same for each file. I'd have to make each in and out markings to :30, which again, would take extremely long.

Ideally, I'd like to know if there's some program out there that I can import a bunch of 3 minute long songs, set them to 30 seconds, and then export. Also, it would be REALLY great if I could have a fade out option... but I realize this may be asking too much.

Dbizzle

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Nov 17, 2012
So I'm assuming from the lack of replies that no one really knows of a good application for this. Hell, it could even be a Windows program! I just need SOMETHING that can do this....

Does any one have any good suggestions for a different forum that I could ask this question in? Thanks!

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.