Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

b3thomso

macrumors member
Original poster
May 20, 2012
Hey guys,

Are there any IP5 cases out there that work with a screen protector. I have a casecrown case for my 4s that goes around the metal band and doesnt go around the screen so I dont have to worry about my screen protector bubbling. All the cases I am finding for the IP5 go around the screen itself which makes it near impossible to have a screen protector. Any suggestions?

RichardC300

macrumors 65816
Sep 27, 2012
Hey guys,

Are there any IP5 cases out there that work with a screen protector. I have a casecrown case for my 4s that goes around the metal band and doesnt go around the screen so I dont have to worry about my screen protector bubbling. All the cases I am finding for the IP5 go around the screen itself which makes it near impossible to have a screen protector. Any suggestions?

I would go as far as saying 99% of the cases you find work with a screen protector. The real issue is getting the screen protector perfectly centered so it does my male contact with cases that have a lip.

b3thomso

macrumors member
Original poster
May 20, 2012
I was looking at the Casecrown Bonbons case which is similar to the case I have now. But all the reviews say that the case is so tight that a screen protector wont work. This is not for me, its actually for my girlfriend. She needs a screen protector. And to make matters worse, I need it in pink!

KeithLilja

macrumors member
Nov 8, 2012
I was looking at the Casecrown Bonbons case which is similar to the case I have now. But all the reviews say that the case is so tight that a screen protector wont work. This is not for me, its actually for my girlfriend. She needs a screen protector. And to make matters worse, I need it in pink!

You are a good man! Buy her the Spigen SGP Neo Hybrid EX Snow Series in Pink, ((www.spigen.com/cell-phone/apple-iphone/iphone-5/iphone-5-case-neo-hybrid-ex-snow-series.html)) which comes with front and back protectors....then make her buy you a sandwich.

b3thomso

macrumors member
Original poster
May 20, 2012
Hmm thats an interesting option. Screw a sandwich, i was thinking more along the lines of.....wait, nevermind!

Nhwhazup

macrumors 68040
Sep 2, 2010
New Hampshire
Hey guys,

Hey - I have a pink slim Noot that I bought but actually like my white ones better. Let me know with a PM if you want it. The Noot doesn't interfere with the screen protector at all.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    703.6 KB · Views: 46

KeithLilja

macrumors member
Nov 8, 2012
Hey - I have a pink slim Noot that I bought but actually like my white ones better. Let me know with a PM if you want it. The Noot doesn't interfere with the screen protector at all.

By the way Nhwhazup, I got the Noot Bumper Case in the mail yesterday! Thank you so much for sending it out to me, I can't wait to use it.

RichardC300

macrumors 65816
Sep 27, 2012
You sure about that? It looks awfully snug...

I would hope that every case is snug, or else your phone would just fall out. Like I said before, 99% of cases you find will work with a screen protector if you put the screen protector on straight. That case is a snap-on case, so it shouldn't even have a lip that would come up and onto the screen.

b3thomso

macrumors member
Original poster
May 20, 2012
I would hope that every case is snug, or else your phone would just fall out. Like I said before, 99% of cases you find will work with a screen protector if you put the screen protector on straight. That case is a snap-on case, so it shouldn't even have a lip that would come up and onto the screen.

Actually i was looking at the glider not the snap on

HowEver

macrumors 6502a
May 10, 2005
Toronto
I'm having this issue with TwigCase. It bubbled up my temporary screen protector, so before I install a Power Support or Spigen I want to know their exact dimensions -- and if I have to, will trim to fit. I'm sticking with the TwigCase.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.