Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

cdubb213

macrumors member
Original poster
Jun 25, 2005
Toronto, Canada
Hi my fellow mac users,
I was wondering if anyone shops online, because I find it so convenient. Well i'm looking for these air max 95 all black, i've looked on ebay they never seem to have my size. They just don't make shoes like them anymore. I need you guys to leave me some legit websites that sell preferably nike air max 95 or 97.

Thank You!

JW8725

macrumors 6502a
May 8, 2005
UK
Dude wouldnt you rather actually hit a shop and try no a pair? See if they fit perfectly and walk about? From personal experience just cos the shoe says size 9 doesnt mean its gonna agree with your foot.

Zaid

macrumors 6502
Feb 17, 2003
London
rossoUK said:
Dude wouldnt you rather actually hit a shop and try no a pair? See if they fit perfectly and walk about? From personal experience just cos the shoe says size 9 doesnt mean its gonna agree with your foot.

Agreed. I've been anything from a 10 to a 12 depending on the shoe. Formal shoes are the worst offenders here, whereas trainers are much more reliable. Also the width of the shoe is important. Sometimes a shoe could be your size but end up too narrow or wide.

I'd definately check it out in an actual store first. Once you've checked it out you can always then buy it online if it's cheaper.

Koodauw

macrumors 68040
Nov 17, 2003
Madison
what size do you need? We have a few of the 95s in all black at the store I work at. Air Max 95 can be a tough one to find. We also have some Air Max 97s black & silver. Although I do not find them comfortable at all. We have a fair amount of sizes in the 97s.

Also, if you like the Air Max 95, you could also look at some of the Nike Tailwinds. They have a similiar feel, and the Air Max Solas is very nice as well.

Also, Zappos doesnt seem to carry any Nike Products.

jelloshotsrule

macrumors G3
Feb 7, 2002
serendipity
zappos has free shipping, but they also have free return. you print out a return thing from the site, stick iton the box you got the shoes in, and return it... easy. so if you can't find them in a store, and zappos has em, you can pretty easily test them out that way....

devilot

Moderator emeritus
May 1, 2005
zappos also has a 365 day return policy... and the frequently upgrade your shipping! I ordered a pair of Ugg boots w/ the free standard 4-5 business day shipping (still pretty quick I think) and was pleasantly surprised by a free upgrade to 2 day shipping! :D

Abstract

macrumors Penryn
Dec 27, 2002
Location Location Location
I love shoes. Have a bit of an obsession with them. I don't own too many pairs of shoes, but I definitely have more than 5 pairs (excluding my 3-4 pairs of sandals/Birks and thongs).

cdubb213

macrumors member
Original poster
Jun 25, 2005
Toronto, Canada
Koodauw said:
what size do you need? We have a few of the 95s in all black at the store I work at. Air Max 95 can be a tough one to find. We also have some Air Max 97s black & silver. Although I do not find them comfortable at all. We have a fair amount of sizes in the 97s.

Also, if you like the Air Max 95, you could also look at some of the Nike Tailwinds. They have a similiar feel, and the Air Max Solas is very nice as well.

Also, Zappos doesnt seem to carry any Nike Products.

I was looking for size 10.5 US. Anyways what store do you work at. I feel the same way about the air max 97's. I live in Canada, I don't know if that would be a problem.

I want to thank you and everybody else that helped me.

Koodauw

macrumors 68040
Nov 17, 2003
Madison
cdubb213 said:
I was looking for size 10.5 US. Anyways what store do you work at. I feel the same way about the air max 97's. I live in Canada, I don't know if that would be a problem.

I want to thank you and everybody else that helped me.

I work for Finishline. I think the 95s we have are smaller 7,8 and one pair of 12's. If the online place is reputable, I would order from them. $69.99 is not bad. Just make sure they are not fakes. A very big problem that not many people know about.

cdubb213

macrumors member
Original poster
Jun 25, 2005
Toronto, Canada
Koodauw said:
I work for Finishline. I think the 95s we have are smaller 7,8 and one pair of 12's. If the online place is reputable, I would order from them. $69.99 is not bad. Just make sure they are not fakes. A very big problem that not many people know about.

How can you distinguish a fake shoe especaially jordans?

Koodauw

macrumors 68040
Nov 17, 2003
Madison
Well having a real sample to compare it to is the best method. Also knowing which colors were produced, and carefully inspecting each part of the shoe, looking for variations, or incorrect colors. There are websites you can check out as well. http://www.niketalk.com is a good one.

Nike just released a the History of Air collection, in which, they released the original Air Max '95 colorway, Black/gray/green. Not my favorite color, and at 139.99 its pretty pricey, but if you want the shoe... you should be able to find most of the shoes online right now.

Moof1904

macrumors 65816
May 20, 2004
I like RoadRunner sports. They have a great return policy (you can wear them for 30 days and return them if you don't like them) and great customer service.

twistedlegato

macrumors 65816
Jun 15, 2006
zappos.com

Best. Ever.

Every time i've ordered from them they've upgraded me to overnight shipping FOR FREE.

But if you're looking for crazy deals (and want to pay for shipping), go to:

6pm.com

Zappos ftw:)

adk

macrumors 68000
Nov 11, 2005
Stuck in the middle with you
I just have to throw in another good word for zappos.com. I ordered a pair of shoes on a Monday night at about 10:00PM and selected the standard free ground shipping. I checked my email the next day at about noon to get the tracking number for my package, and it had already been delivered to my doorstep! Zappos upgraded me to free overnight shipping and it took me about 12 hours to get the shoes after I placed my order. Talk about service!

Sdashiki

macrumors 68040
Aug 11, 2005
Behind the lens
Zappos.

Swapped size problems in under a week.

Check out the shoe locally, make sure you know the model/coloring. If you like it. Buy it from Zappos knowing itll fit.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.