PDA

View Full Version : WTB: TiBook VGA screen, inverter

thecow
Sep 13, 2005, 07:42 PM
The screen on my TiBook died and I would like to get a new one. I need the entire screen module and the mounting brackets and screws, not just the LCD panel. It has to be a VGA screen. I also need the inverter board that fits into a 400 MHz PowerBook G4. Does $150 sound reasonable?

mbl42
Sep 13, 2005, 08:13 PM
There are tons on eBay, try looking there. :rolleyes:

thecow
Sep 15, 2005, 10:03 PM
Yes, I know that. Thank you for your wonderful, insightful comment. I would like buy through this forum, rather than through ebay. That is why I made this thread. On a forum you don't have 80 people all trying to buy the same thing as you and it is a lot less confusing because IMO, the way ebay sorts things is very unorganized. It makes it very hard to find a very specific item. It depends on the seller having the right keywords in their item description and a good bit of them don't even have whether the screen is DVI or VGA. Also, most of them are just the LCD panel, not the whole display module.If I am good enough with computers to almost completely dismantle my PowerBook to take off the display module, don't you think I would have heard of ebay, one of the largest auction sites on the web? Next time, think before you post useless suggestions in someone's thread.

mbl42
Sep 16, 2005, 01:14 AM
Sorry, but some people feel differently about eBay. I personally would just buy one off there, I have seen a few TiBook screens in their casing that looked like they would work for you. Anways, hope you get what you need.