Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

jsnmac

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Nov 10, 2012
I have had a couple of updates pop up in the AppStore, but when I press the update button they look like they are going to update for a second before returning to their previous state. I have tried restoring my settings, but this has failed to solve it. As it stands I have the AppStore telling me I have two updates that simply won't do so. Anyone's know how to resolve this issue?

gforce216

macrumors 6502a
Jun 17, 2009
Typically that occurs when an update is on the cusp of being pushed out for an app. It seems to occur more often in the iOS 6 App Store than previous versions, but if you just come back to the updates page in about 20-30 min the app update will actually be there. Seems like the alert system in the new App Store is premature most of the time now.

jsnmac

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Nov 10, 2012
Thanks for your reply. It originally played up for one update last night, but a second one appeared today. I will give it 24 hrs to see if it will sort itself out. Thanks again.

brylliant

macrumors regular
Jul 18, 2012
United Kingdom
I have had a couple of updates pop up in the AppStore, but when I press the update button they look like they are going to update for a second before returning to their previous state. I have tried restoring my settings, but this has failed to solve it. As it stands I have the AppStore telling me I have two updates that simply won't do so. Anyone's know how to resolve this issue?

I had the same problem. Infact, I made a thread about it but no one replied.
I formatted my iPhone though iTunes (not through the settings app, like you did) and after the restore, the updates are now working.

jsnmac

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Nov 10, 2012
Thanks for the info. Will try that if there's no improvement by tomorrow..

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.