Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Yoshios

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Nov 12, 2012
Finland
Hello there. Like before I ordered the new Air, and it arrives in 9 days, but now I was just wondering how I should do when I get, with the battery and stuff like that. Should I charge the battery to full before starting it? Please give me more info about that.

GGJstudios

macrumors Westmere
May 16, 2008
Hello there. Like before I ordered the new Air, and it arrives in 9 days, but now I was just wondering how I should do when I get, with the battery and stuff like that. Should I charge the battery to full before starting it? Please give me more info about that.
Just turn it on and start using it. You can plug it in to fully charge the battery, as it comes with a partial charge. After that, run on battery whenever you need to and plug it in whenever you can. You can plug or unplug any time you need to, regardless of the charged percentage, and you never need to completely drain your battery. Just make sure you don't run on AC power exclusively, as your battery needs to be used regularly to stay healthy. The link below should answer most, if not all, of your battery/charging questions. If you haven't already done so, I highly recommend you take the time to read it.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.